Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #1291
Me76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkum View Post
I made ornaments last year for our cabin gift. I bought the flat clear glass ones, filled them with floor wax, swished it around, dumped it out, added red fine glitter and covered the inside with the glitter. I used my silhouette machine to cut out Mickey ears, the Magic, the date, out of vinyl and adhered them to the front. .
This is exactly what I did for our last cruise in April on the Wonder. Except I put the DCL Logo, then Disney Wonder and the date on the back. I also used plastic flat ones, I don't think glass would have made it thru all the different modes of transportation (truck, plane, shuttle, underground shuttle, taxi, ect..) we needed to use to get there.
Me76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #1292
Chippydale
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders

Hello everyone,

I am going to be having a small wedding aboard the Disney Dream this September (3 night) and really wanted to surprise the guests and hang fish extenders for some small gifts throughout the cruise. I am not crafty and was wondering if anyone made these? I am looking to buy 9 for a reasonable price. All but one need to have two pockets.

Thank you for you're help!
Chippydale is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #1293
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippydale View Post
Hello everyone,

I am going to be having a small wedding aboard the Disney Dream this September (3 night) and really wanted to surprise the guests and hang fish extenders for some small gifts throughout the cruise. I am not crafty and was wondering if anyone made these? I am looking to buy 9 for a reasonable price. All but one need to have two pockets.

Ikea and amazon used to have hanging pockets that you could buy and decorate for your guests. If you look back through this thread (or use search) you should find the links.

Good luck! It's a great idea!!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #1294
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello everyone,

There are several people on Etsy who sell them, just be careful and check their feedback (I've heard of problems with one or two). The Ikea pockets are great if you are up to decorating them. They have 3 pockets to them (cost $5, plus shipping if you are not nearby one of the stores, plus any items you purchase for decorating). Another option is just to buy tote bags and decorate them. You can pick those up at Michaels, Joann Fabrics, or even the dollar store. There are threads that have pictures of all the alternative things people use instead of the more traditional multi-pocket hangers.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #1295
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Hi Chippydale! I make fish extenders and my Etsy shop name is below - feel free to message me on Etsy if I can help.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #1296
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

This will be my first FE participation and I've gotten some amazing ideas from this thread so I'm subscribing so it's easier to find. I don't consider myself to be that creative but I'm sure I can come up with something.

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #1297
Me76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I just went to Ikea and bought this for $4.99, it's off-white, with light red and light green (it looks white, red, and blue online). I am going to go to Michael's and pick up some stuff to embellish it with. I'm not a sewer, so this seemed like a good substitute!

(Sorry, can't post links yet, but you can search ikea online, they are available for shipping)

PYSSLINGAR Wall Pockets
Me76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #1298
DisneyDreamer2504
DIS Veteran

I'm participating in my first fe this year on our sept cruise! I can't wait til we get back so I can share what I made!

Sept '10 - Wonder
Sept '11 - WDW Caribbean Beach/Dream - Honeymoon!
May '12 - AKV
Sept '13 - SSR/FANTASY
DisneyDreamer2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #1299
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran

I think I'm going to work backwrards reading this thread! I need extra inspiration!
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #1300
abcangie87
Mouseketeer

Well now that I have a gazillion different ideas I have to figure out what I want to focus on!!

Has anyone who has done coasters had luck with getting them to be not-sticky?

Also thinking of little purse kits (with little folding scissors, mini super glue, band aids, etc...all that stuff a mom might need in a pinch)... anyone know where you can get tiny tubes of super glue?

Counting down to our 4th Disney Cruise!
Dreaming about our cruise on the Fantasy in 2014!
[IMG][/IMG]
abcangie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #1301
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcangie87 View Post
Well now that I have a gazillion different ideas I have to figure out what I want to focus on!!

Has anyone who has done coasters had luck with getting them to be not-sticky?

Also thinking of little purse kits (with little folding scissors, mini super glue, band aids, etc...all that stuff a mom might need in a pinch)... anyone know where you can get tiny tubes of super glue?
Joann's has super glue in little individual tubes (they come in a set of 3 or 4, maybe). You could probably find the same thing elsewhere, but I know Joann's has it since I bought some there.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #1302
dannirose
Mouseketeer

What a great thread! I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's super creative gifts. I'm looking forward to sharing mine after our Dream cruise this September!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #1304
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just wanted to share a couple of things I made for FE gifts.

coin purses

Crayon Roll

Back

Front

I added an extra pocket behind the crayons for some coloring pages.

Fun stuff !!

Susan
Oh I really like these... Great job!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #1305
krosmith
Mouseketeer

Great job!

Love the coin purses and crayon rolls!
krosmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: