Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #766
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwinadoes
Hi- Newer to the disboards. Mostly a silent "looker" but thought I'd post some of my FE gifts here too. I hope you can see this picture. I am going to personalize them with the cruise date.
I really like these. Did you make them or order them?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #767
momoftwinadoes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholmesbunch View Post
Does anyone have any bottle cap images they would be willing to share. I am trying to put some together for our upcoming cruise but can't find any the right size. We are going on the Fantasy so looking for characters or the Fantasy logo.

Thanks Ahead A Time

I just posted some princesses! I can share as long as you're not in my January sailing FE group! lol
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #768
momoftwinadoes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarsh View Post
I really like these. Did you make them or order them?
Thanks! I made them. They look way better than the photo in person. I ordered the graphics on etsy, edited the names/ sayings in Paint, printed them in my printer, used a xyron machine to make it have sticky backs, and used a one inch hole punch to cut the images. Then I used epoxy dots on top on the images and stuck them to the bottlecaps. I punched holes in the caps & used jump rings to attach the 3 parts together.
Not too hard. I do make my own jewelry & am somewhat crafty but they were pretty easy to do.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #769
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

Ok for anyone who has made the key fobs....what type of "webbing" for lack of a better word I'm guessing...do you use and where did you buy it? I want to make these for our upcoming cruise and I'm lost on where to start! Help!!! I only have a few weeks until our cruise.

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #770
Haybuggsmom
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=asmith1113;45488570]In the past, my husband did small individual watercolors; this time there were too many, so he did a watercolor and had professional prints made and then matted them. I think it was just as nice. We gave one to each family, in addition to Disney-themed gifts for all those under 21.

We received tons of lovely gifts, but in terms of very unique and noteworthy, we got a group of plastic items made with a makerbot machine that I had never even heard of, but my son had and was thrilled with the items. We also received locally-made soap from one family; that was something we had not received before.

What a talented artist he is. I may have to stalk you so I can be on a trip with you guys one day!!
Miss Haylee Pre-trip report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2513540
"Wake up Princess"~Trip Report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2563916

~ September 2014 – Disney Fantasy ~
~September 2014 – Wilderness Lodge/ Bay Lake Tower
~ September 2014 – Animal Kingdom Resort ~

~ April 2014 – Disney Dream
~ April 2014 – Art of Animation/Caribbean Beach ~~ September 2013 – Shades of Green
~ September 2013 – Art of Animation ~

~ May 2013 – Disney Dream/Shades of Green
~ April 2013 – Shades of Green ~
~ September 2012 – Shades of Green ~
~ April 2012 – Swan and Dolphin
~ March 2012 – All Star Movies ~
~ September 2011 – Shades of Green ~
~ April 2011 – All Star Sports
~ September 2010 – Make a Wish ~
~ April 2010 – Shades of Green ~]~ March 2010- Shades of Green
Haybuggsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #771
momoftwinadoes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom0104 View Post
Ok for anyone who has made the key fobs....what type of "webbing" for lack of a better word I'm guessing...do you use and where did you buy it? I want to make these for our upcoming cruise and I'm lost on where to start! Help!!! I only have a few weeks until our cruise.
It is called webbing and you can buy it here along with the metal key fobs. There may be other sites online but I have purchased them here before and have been happy...
http://ribbonandbowsohmy.com/index.p...oduct&prod=535
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #772
bonjourmickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaG4Kids View Post
I LOVE your ornament. What is it made of if you don't mind me asking? It looks sparkly (my favorite thing)!
Sorry it took me a few days to answer you. Too busy with Christmas to get online for a while

The ornaments are glitter cardstock on a wooden circle. Rather easy and nice and sparkly

Disney World @ Animal Kingdom Logde 12/2012
Disney Fantasy 12/2012
Disneyland 12/2010, 03/2008, 02/2006, 12/2002 (Honeymoon), 05/2001, and many, many, many others!
bonjourmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #773
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes87
We just got back from the Mexican Riviera Cruise a few weeks ago and we had some of the most wonderful FE gifts But now that were back and things have calmed down I just wanted to post my FE gift. My idea came from last thread and after going back and forth trying to decide what to do I'm glad I did this....I just hope everyone else did to

These are the coasters that I made and gave out...of course I had to keep a set for myself
What are your coasters made out of? I usually use tile when I make mine but they would be so heavy! Also do u use midge lodge to seal? I made a few sets months ago and they still seem tacky.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #774
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

I am so glad I have 11 months before our cruise! I went through all 300 pages of FE ideas and my mind is spinning! So excited!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #775
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Thank you SO MUCH for this fabulous FE gift! The kids tried to claim it but I wouldn't let them touch it. LOVE it!!!
Okay....I must be dumb but what are these ribbon things with the metal Mickey head on them for? Saw u got them on a cruise and they r on etsy too....
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #776
DisLyd2008
Mouseketeer

Key Fobs

Quote:
I put "key fob hardware" into a search on Amazon to find the hardware and the webbing showed up as other products I might be interested in. One stop shopping for me.

Found decorative grosgrain on bestribbons.com, lots of Disney designs on there!
DisLyd2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #777
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie94gigem

Okay....I must be dumb but what are these ribbon things with the metal Mickey head on them for? Saw u got them on a cruise and they r on etsy too....
Key chains!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #778
amanda.c09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent, esq. View Post
Thank you for sharing all the wonderful ideas. The only problem is most of you are 100x more crafty than me. I would love to make some of these things but I promise they would not look like this, but it is fun to look at them. Again, thanks.

Best to All
Mal-
I'm only just starting to read this new Handmade FE gifts thread, but I saw your comment and wanted to mention something that I received on my last cruise that wasn't too difficult and I loved. It was a solid colored Mickey head silhouette that was laminated and cut out, then someone took a permanent marker and wrote my and my husband's name on it and glued a magnet on the back. Not to technical and wonderfully personalized. I still have these on my fridge now! Just another idea for those afraid to make anything terribly difficult.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #779
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My Joann has webbing in thier ribbon section. You can buy it by the yard. I would check Hobby Lobby too if you have one.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #780
amanda.c09
Earning My Ears

FE and gifts

I don't think I ever got around to sharing my Fish Extender and the gifts I gave for my Fantasy cruise last May.

Here is my FE:

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/201...-tutorial.html

Luggage Handle Covers:

Link to blog post with link to tutorial: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/201...search-results

Bottle Cap Magnets:

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/201...p-magnets.html

Mickey boxes to hold one magnet and some chocolate for each person:

Link to blog post: http://www.kraftingkreations.com/201...ndy-boxes.html

We had a really large group, 48 cabins and approximately 250 people. (yes, I am completely crazy). I made 2 luggage handle covers per adult, and one per child. It was so nice seeing many of them in use when we picked up our luggage!

I ended up having a few of the Mickey boxes left with chocolates and a magnet in them. So I gave one to each of the dining staff, and the remaining two to our room hostess. They were all so appreciative of such a small gift! Our room hostess even left us one each of the lotion, shampoo, condition, body wash, and sun gel in return! I just had to make sure I moved them to my checked luggage before we got to the airport. So on my next cruise I will make sure to have a special little package for the staff, maybe including a bit of a cash tip as well as some goodies.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: