Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #61
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes87 View Post
We just got back from the Mexican Riviera Cruise a few weeks ago and we had some of the most wonderful FE gifts But now that were back and things have calmed down I just wanted to post my FE gift. My idea came from last thread and after going back and forth trying to decide what to do I'm glad I did this....I just hope everyone else did to

These are the coasters that I made and gave out...of course I had to keep a set for myself

We were on your cruise and love these (and everything else) my coasters are on my bar right now. Thank you! We had a very creative bunch cruising with us. I am still amazes at what everyone made and gave. Getting so many ideas for our cruise next year.
LemonPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #62
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoremommy View Post
For those of you that laminate your homemade gifts, I have a question. Do you use pouches or pockets? For example, I have bookmarks that are 4 to an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. Can I laminate them together, then cut them apart? Do I need to cut them first and place them in separate things? I have not purchased my laminator yet. I am trying to gather info first, but it is cheaper to buy one than to pay to have my stuff done. TIA.
My DD made bookmarks for our cruise and we used pouches that were 8.9inches X14.4 inches (legal document sized) I think we fit 6 bookmarks per sheet and our laminator says NOT to cut any sheets before putting them through or they may jam. DD then used eyelets in the holes and ribbons. She was pretty proud of her 9 year old self. Now I am looking at all kinds of stuff to laminate for our next cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #63
flcruiser69
Earning My Ears

I wanted to say THANK YOU !! For sharing pictures and ideas!

Flcrusier69

flcruiser69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #64
maleficent, esq.
If you are not on a Disney Cruise you should be planning a Disney Cruise

I love the ideas

Thank you for sharing all the wonderful ideas. The only problem is most of you are 100x more crafty than me. I would love to make some of these things but I promise they would not look like this, but it is fun to look at them. Again, thanks.

Best to All
Mal-

maleficent, esq. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #65
strega7
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our fabulous cruise. Here are the gifts I made/brought for our FE group. I hope everyone enjoyed them. I recieved some very neat gifts from our group, there are some extremely talented people out there.

I made a mat that would fit in an 8x10 frame that people could put two of thier own photos in, it has the date of our cruise in one little square:

There were only three girls 5 and under in our group, so I made them a hair bow. I was pretty excited when I saw one of the little girls wearing hers later on in the cruise:

And then for the older kids, I was stumped, so I gave them a gift that represented where we live. We come from a wet, cold, climate so we have many slugs running around here. One of our local candy shops makes a chocolate slug, I know it is kinda gross, but I thought the kids might like it, and they are pretty yummy too.

strega7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #66
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strega7 View Post
And then for the older kids, I was stumped, so I gave them a gift that represented where we live. We come from a wet, cold, climate so we have many slugs running around here. One of our local candy shops makes a chocolate slug, I know it is kinda gross, but I thought the kids might like it, and they are pretty yummy too.

When I saw the picture, I thought "why would someone give a gift of a half decomposed banana?" But then I read your description and it was so much better. That's awesome. I would have loved to get a chocolate slug!

And your photo mats are beautiful.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #67
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I made a mat that would fit in an 8x10 frame that people could put two of thier own photos in, it has the date of our cruise in one little square:

Love the photo mat! Creative idea.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #68
Dislaney4n6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post

When I saw the picture, I thought "why would someone give a gift of a half decomposed banana?" But then I read your description and it was so much better. That's awesome. I would have loved to get a chocolate slug!

And your photo mats are beautiful.
I saw a 'banana' as well!

The bows look great and love the photo mat idea!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #69
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Is that a Banana slug? Would you be on the west side of Washington state, or perhaps in oregon?

My friend is obsessed with banana slugs

The bows are adorable! I really love the matte too!
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #70
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

I love the photo mat and hair clips!!!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #71
LemonPie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficent, esq. View Post
Thank you for sharing all the wonderful ideas. The only problem is most of you are 100x more crafty than me. I would love to make some of these things but I promise they would not look like this, but it is fun to look at them. Again, thanks.

Best to All
Mal-
If my 9 year old can make bookmarks I have faith you could too. We just cut paper into strips and then she decorated them with Disney stickers. I printed small labels to put on the back that had the ship name and cruise date and then we laminated them put holes and ribbon. There you go. I found a website that had a real easy "how to draw Mickey Mouse" I thought I would laminate that with a blank space at the bottom for kids to practice drawing and get some dry erase markers to go with and maybe a tick tack toe board on the other side. Super easy.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #72
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

How many people are in the typical FE group? I'm seeing people make multiple gifts for one cruise and fancy things such as t-shirts and personalized tote bags!

There's twenty some staterooms and 138 people total in the FE group for my cruise and I'm just wondering if that's more than the usual FE group.

There's no way I could do all that for 138 people!!!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #73
uftracy
Earning My Ears

Wonderful ideas! Thanks for sharing!
uftracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #74
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just got back from our fabulous cruise. Here are the gifts I made/brought for our FE group. I hope everyone enjoyed them. I recieved some very neat gifts from our group, there are some extremely talented people out there.

There were only three girls 5 and under in our group, so I made them a hair bow. I was pretty excited when I saw one of the little girls wearing hers later on in the cruise:

My wife wanted me to ask where you found the supplies (ribbons and mickey buttons) for your hair bows? She absolutely loves them.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

1153rsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #75
Pixiegran
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just got back from our fabulous cruise. Here are the gifts I made/brought
T

From the great PNW??? DD used to take those as gifts from here when in college in Louisiana...always had to give an explanation of why snail did not have shell

Pixiegran is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: