Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #541
pharmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquieone View Post
We were one of the lucky recipients of the water bottles, candy, magnet & pirate goodies!!! I LOVED it all!!! You have also gotten me hooked on ginger chews, which I can't find the chimes brand here in FL, boo. . Thanks again!!!
Glad you enjoyed them! Especially the Chimes- they're not for everyone so glad at least one person liked them.

I don't know if you have a Cost Plus World Market near you (there are some in Florida but I don't know where in FL you are) they have usually Orange and Original Chimes flavors.

I bought them off Amazon.com though since I wanted all the flavors (Mango is my favorite )
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2009 & 2010 (dressed as Jessie)
Disney Dream 5nt Double Dip, July 2012.
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #542
BAT
Mouseketeer

So many amazing ideas! Thanks for sharing.
BAT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #543
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

FYI on bottle caps...if you have a microbrewery place near you, they are MUCH cheaper there. I got 50 caps for $1.50. I used my die cut machine to smash them flat, and a Crop-a-Dile (hole punch) to cut the hole in them. HTH!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #544
Cambsuk
Mouseketeer

So excited to try FE with my family, I finally finished my no sew Fish Extender and Im happy with how it came out, using some Disney Store carrier bags and duck tape.
Cambsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #545
erk711
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambsuk
So excited to try FE with my family, I finally finished my no sew Fish Extender and Im happy with how it came out, using some Disney Store carrier bags and duck tape.
Soo cute! Good job!
Celebrated 25th Anniversary sailing on the Pacific Pixar Wonder Cruise Sept 30/12
Celebrated DS 19th Birthday sailing to Alaska on the Wonder August 19/13
Celebrating DD 19th Birthday sailing on the Dream to Nassau May 4/15
erk711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #546
BAT
Mouseketeer

For those of you who have sent something for printing (like a promo place), I would not use Disney logos but could I use the word?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #547
maggie_sam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT View Post
For those of you who have sent something for printing (like a promo place), I would not use Disney logos but could I use the word?
I just had something printed from a promo place for my FE gift. I used one of the Disney fonts, and they would not print unless I obtained written permission from Disney. I substituted a different font, and I did have the name of the ship, so "Disney" was included and they did not have a problem.

DisneyWorld 1972, Disneyland 1973, Disneyland 1980, Fort Wilderness 1986, DisneyWorld 1988, 1990, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2004, Disney Wonder October 2010, Contemporary & Saratoga Springs 2010, Disney Magic September 2012, Bay Lake Tower September 2013, Disney Dream September 2013, Boardwalk Villas May 2014
maggie_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #548
BAT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_sam View Post
I just had something printed from a promo place for my FE gift. I used one of the Disney fonts, and they would not print unless I obtained written permission from Disney. I substituted a different font, and I did have the name of the ship, so "Disney" was included and they did not have a problem.
Thanks!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #549
tzuhouse
DIS Veteran

Good morning, all! Have a quick question. I saw on ebay someone selling magnets that look like the name tags and then putting each person's name on it. I'm cruising in a month with some friends who have never cruised on Disney before and I would like to make some of these for them, as a surprise. The people selling on ebay are out of town right now and I thought I could most likely make them myself, but I'm not sure where to look for the name tag artwork and thought someone from the DIS might have created it.

Any idea? Here is what I'm looking at. I could make these for clients, as well, so I would love to get it on my computer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370636488150...#ht_854wt_1413

Thanks in advance.
Mary
2010 - 9 nts Bonnet Creek 10/17 - DVC OWNERS!!!!
2011 - 2 nts ASMo, 4 nts Yacht Club, 1 nt ASSp
2012 - 1 nt Pop, 1 nt CBR, 5 nts Bonnet Creek, 2 nts OKW, 4 nts Disney Dream, 2 nts SSR, 4 nts ASMo, 7 nts Disney Magic, 11nts OKW
2013 - 4 nt Disney Magic, 8 nt Disney Magic, 5 nts CSR
2014 - 4 nts BW, 4 nts OKW, 3 nts Disney Magic, 1 nt BLT, 2 nts GF, 2 nts AKL, 1 nt BW

tzuhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #550
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuhouse View Post
Good morning, all! Have a quick question. I saw on ebay someone selling magnets that look like the name tags and then putting each person's name on it. I'm cruising in a month with some friends who have never cruised on Disney before and I would like to make some of these for them, as a surprise. The people selling on ebay are out of town right now and I thought I could most likely make them myself, but I'm not sure where to look for the name tag artwork and thought someone from the DIS might have created it.

Any idea? Here is what I'm looking at. I could make these for clients, as well, so I would love to get it on my computer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370636488150...#ht_854wt_1413

Thanks in advance.
Mary
Mary, Tom created blanks in his thread awhile ago. They are in this thread on page 128. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t=tom+name+tag

Last edited by iloverags2; 08-18-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo
iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #551
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Even better, here is a direct link to the post with the blanks. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1914

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #552
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Hi there, does anyone know if Tom was the original designer of these tags? I remember having him make some for me before I became a member of the Creative DISign team. Just curious as this wouldn't be the first time that a DISign was lifted for profit on ebay. A real big no-no.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #553
WDW Enabler
Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Hi there, does anyone know if Tom was the original designer of these tags? I remember having him make some for me before I became a member of the Creative DISign team. Just curious as this wouldn't be the first time that a DISign was lifted for profit on ebay. A real big no-no.
Yes, Tom was the original. No wonder many DISigners are hanging up their keyboards and stopping their work. People are taking what they do out of the goodness of their hearts and selling it.

Mike

Proud father of 1 Disney FANATIC, and husband to an even bigger Disney FANATIC.
Proud Disney "Verteran of the day" three times, and owner of the flag flown over the Magic Kingdom on March 27th 2008.

Founding father of the "Hardhat Brigade", a growing group of enternal fun loving Disney fanatics who ...... wait the surprise is coming....... Wear lime-green hardhats with Mickey ears....

Applications now being accepted. Apply within
WDW Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #554
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Enabler View Post
Yes, Tom was the original. No wonder many DISigners are hanging up their keyboards and stopping their work. People are taking what they do out of the goodness of their hearts and selling it.

Mike
Hi Mike, I thought so. They are supposedly on vacation until the 20th. Their inventory is not listed. Kind of odd. Maybe someone reported them and if not I plan too.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #555
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Okay - haven't figured out picture posting here but I just did a post on my blog showing stuff we received and the notebooks that we gave out for our fish extenders....

http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...-extender.html

Oh, and as far as the emergency kits that somebody said they got too many of, I sailed on 8/1 and we didn't receive a single one! So, I guess it's either feast or famine!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
tinkeramy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: