Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #526
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Love those water bottles! We made a similar item for my daughter's Hunger Games-themed 12th birthday party this summer with double-walled tumblers from Dollar Tree. They also had aluminum ones, but DD liked the clear better. (I have SCAL and a Cricut, but am planning on upgrading to a Cameo at some point). We stuffed them full of candy too.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #527
kelmarie66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom76
Love the ideas! I have a few months til the next cruise so now I must begin to brainstorm! Anyone else going June 15 2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean?
We r! There is a group on FB and on DISboards for that sailing. Not super active right now at 44 weeks out, but it will pick up closer to sailing. Hope to see u on board!

Kelly
DH = Barry
DD = Julia ('98)
DS = Charlie ('05)
WDW
1st visit = Golf Resort 1978, c. 1983, Honeymoon = Poly 1992 (including the Big Red Boat), 1996 WL, 1997 Off-property, 2001 FW Cabin, 2006 SSR, 2007 BCV/OKW, 2009 AKV Kidani, Christmas 2010 SSR
DCL
1st cruise = WC on the Magic 2003 (also joined DVC on board), Member Cruise on the Wonder 2007, Concierge on the Magic to EC 2009, NYC/Canada on the Magic Sept 2012, EC on the Fantasy August 2013, B2B Bahamas on the NEW Magic April 2014, EC on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving 2015
kelmarie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #528
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

I know I'm getting off topic but I'd like to hear more about the Hunger Games party. I'm thinking of doing a Hunger Games movie night party for adults when the DVD comes out.
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #529
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
I know I'm getting off topic but I'd like to hear more about the Hunger Games party. I'm thinking of doing a Hunger Games movie night party for adults when the DVD comes out.
I'll PM you.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #530
PlaidPixie
Pixies Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
For our first time doing FEs I got a bunch of composition notebooks (.39 ea at Big Lots!) and covered the front with different designs of Disney paper. I figured it could be for a trip journal, autographs or whatever! We were overwhelmed with the generosity and our kids loved it. If I knew I were doing another cruise, I would definitely start WAY ahead of time looking for Disney / Pirate themed stuff or things out of which I could make bulk crafts pretty easily. As it was, I joined our FE group about 2 weeks before sailing date, so I had to do something that I could make quickly.
LOVE this idea. How did you apply the paper? Did you coat it at all? I'd love more details, as I may "borrow" this idea for our cruise next month. Did you do one per cabin, or do individual ones for the kids?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #531
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidPixie View Post
LOVE this idea. How did you apply the paper? Did you coat it at all? I'd love more details, as I may "borrow" this idea for our cruise next month. Did you do one per cabin, or do individual ones for the kids?
I just used spray adhesive for the paper and I didn't coat it. Since I used 2 different kinds of paper on each notebook I needed to apply some kind of ribbon to put over the line where the paper changed, but I had a hard time making the ribbon stick. I finally found a scotch tape-sized roll of black tape with white polka dots on it in the scrapbooking section at Target - worked perfectly as an accent! I would have preferred red with black dots, but beggars can't be choosers! The only caveat about this was that, since I did one for each person (32) I had to pretty much fill up one carry-on with these and it was heavy! Not a huge deal, though, since they take your luggage from you as soon as you get outside the port, and then I had an empty suitcase ready for the return trip home! If I had any idea how to post pictures here, I would. However, when I get to the FE part of our trip on my blog, I will try to remember to post back here and let you know so you can see the picture there! They were super-quick to make, and I found Disney themed paper in the clearance bin at Jo-Ann!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
tinkeramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #532
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy

I just used spray adhesive for the paper and I didn't coat it. Since I used 2 different kinds of paper on each notebook I needed to apply some kind of ribbon to put over the line where the paper changed, but I had a hard time making the ribbon stick. I finally found a scotch tape-sized roll of black tape with white polka dots on it in the scrapbooking section at Target - worked perfectly as an accent! I would have preferred red with black dots, but beggars can't be choosers! The only caveat about this was that, since I did one for each person (32) I had to pretty much fill up one carry-on with these and it was heavy! Not a huge deal, though, since they take your luggage from you as soon as you get outside the port, and then I had an empty suitcase ready for the return trip home! If I had any idea how to post pictures here, I would. However, when I get to the FE part of our trip on my blog, I will try to remember to post back here and let you know so you can see the picture there! They were super-quick to make, and I found Disney themed paper in the clearance bin at Jo-Ann!
I've been doing this for a few years for my kids for school. I even do this to spirals but they take awhile due to all the holes. Turns a cheap notebook into something that looks like it cost quite a bit more. Anyway, DD has received so many compliments on them so I'm sure everyone loved your gift! I considered it for ourPanama Canal cruise but we had so many cabins (almost 100) I knew they would be too heavy.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #533
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Very low cost FE Gift ideas
http://pinterest.com/aikenmagnolia/paint-chips/
Old 08-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #534
dsnygirl2006
DIS Veteran

Can anybody tell me how to make the bottle caps with the Disney designs inside them? They are so cute? Do you buy them this way or can you make them?

dsnygirl2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #535
Disneygal19
I love šoš

Now that my cruise is over I can post these lol We made Picture frames for the women, NY themed cds for the men, bracelets for the teen-20s girls for the kids we did bags filled with crafts, flip flops candy and jewelry/treasure box for our FE organizer

For some reason photos are not working I will keep trying.

http://m1257.photobucket.com/albumvi...d.jpg.html?o=0

Last edited by Disneygal19; 08-15-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Disneygal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #536
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Disneygal19;45830328]Now that my cruise is over I can post these lol We made Picture frames for the women, NY themed cds for the men, bracelets for the teen-20s girls for the kids we did bags filled with crafts, flip flops candy (not pictured), and jewelry/treasure box for our FE organizer

[
I can't open the pics. Can you repost?Thanks.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #537
Disneygal19
I love šoš

I am trying for some reason not having success :0( I will keep trying
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #538
Disneygal19
I love šoš

The link above should be working now :0)
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #539
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnygirl2006 View Post
Can anybody tell me how to make the bottle caps with the Disney designs inside them? They are so cute? Do you buy them this way or can you make them?
My daughter and I made bottle cap necklaces, key chains and magnets (I posted pics a page or two back)

They were really easy to make and we had fun!

I ordered the bottle caps on etsy from a seller named fizzypops just search for her. I used her a few times as we did bottle cap crafts for a fundraiser as well as a birthday party. She sends out her stuff immediately and it comes usually 3 or 4 days after ordering.

She sells the silicone sticky discs and the bottle caps in a 'kit' so you can get just what you need.

We made necklaces for the women, key chains for the men and magnets for the cabin.

As for the designs, I just did an etsy search to find images. If you search Disney Magic, there is a woman who should come up who sells that image for all 4 ships. This is one of the magnets we made. She also did a custom one for me with Mickey's head over the Nova Scotia plaid, as we were on the Canadian cruise. I liked this 'special meaning'....and she did the necklace image that said Keep Calm and Cruise on with a small Mickey head.

If you can't find her, let me know and I will search my etsy account.

The images from her were inexpensive (maybe $4 for a sheet of at least 16) and you can print these as many times as you want at home. Honestly, I thought she under charged as she even went back and fixed something for me!

I really recommend her and she might be able to custom something for your cruise.

If you want basic Disney characters, there are tons by different sellers on etsy, usually at $1-$2/sheet.

hope this helps. as I said, they were super easy and my 13 year old loved making them with me!
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #540
jacquieone
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmama View Post
We did 2 FE deliveries on our recent 5night Dream cruise. 1st delivery was on the first night- a water bottle I customized and put a few candies inside (would have liked to put more but my budget was bursting! We're from SF so had to put the Ghirardelli's in there)

(special thanks to fellow DISer cctimmom for sending me the photos since I forgot to take any).
I tried to do this as one bottle per person but we had a number of late FE joiners...those cabins only got one per child. Also put an itinerary specific magnet on each cabin door with this delivery.

Then on Pirate night we did a paper bag (one per cabin) my DDs decorated with Pirate stickers that had a tube of glow bracelets ($1 at Michaels), chocolate coins, some pirate magnets (little painted wood pirate stuff that I found in a 4 pack/$1 at Michaels and added magnet tape to), and an eyepatch.
We were one of the lucky recipients of the water bottles, candy, magnet & pirate goodies!!! I LOVED it all!!! You have also gotten me hooked on ginger chews, which I can't find the chimes brand here in FL, boo. . Thanks again!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: