Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #511
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
I think I've figured out how to post photos so here goes:

My daughter and I made bottle cap stuff. We were on the Magic to Canada last week.

For the women we made necklaces:

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...FEnecklace.jpg

We were excited to see two girls wearing them one night (OK, their mom's gave them their FE gifts! But nice to see someone wearing our gift!)

For the men we made keychains:

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...FEkeychain.jpg

We were on the Canadian cruise and the plaid background is the tartan of Nova Scotia. I found a woman on etsy who believe it or not was from Nova Scotia so she made the image for me!

For the family, we made magnets. You can't really see it on the edges but we dusted them in a fine glitter.

http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i.../FEmagnets.jpg

My daughter and I had fun making everything! It was an easy craft project for us to do together! And she loved delivering everything!

(I couldn't figure out how to turn the photos around! But the necklace says Keep Calm and Cruise On with a Mickey head)
Your bottlecaps turned out nicely!

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #512
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5crazyfordisney View Post
I am getting ready to buy supplies for my FE gifts and wanted to check with recent cruisers and see if this is true -- in your recent FE did you get multiple emergency / necessities kits? If so, could you give me an idea of the number - say, out of 25 gifts, 3 were kits? Did you think this was too many? What did you do with all the kits - will you use them all or end up keeping one and throwing away the others or giving them away?

Although I'm in the camp that you can never have too many (spread them around - put one in car, medicine cabinet, swim bag, diaper bag, traveling bag, etc.) and I'd like to think my kit will be unique, I don't want to make something unoriginal or not useful...

Thanks so much!
Shea
We've received many different varieties, and yes, on one cruise almost half of the gifts we received were these type of kits - many of them simply ziploc bags filled with things and tagged.

The ones that I have tucked in travel bags and glove boxes are the ones that actually have some type of creative/crafted kit to hold them.

Make or buy some type of pouch or container and be creative with it and I'm sure folks will love them!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #513
daigs5
Earning My Ears

What awesome ideas! I am just preparing for our sailing on 8/18 - and it's my first time on DCL. Looking foward to trying out some of the ideas!
daigs5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #514
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

we made disney bookmarks, mickey stationary (notecards), mickey photos in frames, postcards and magnets, with disney paper bags to hold them for our FE gifts... then we had to cancel our cruise.

we plan on re-booking in sept next year, and most of the FE gifts we can simply use next year, but i now have a bunch of postcards which say 'disney fantasy nov 24-dec 1, 2012' on the back of the card, so they can't be used as FE gifts next year...

anyone have any thoughts as to ways they may be repurposed?
Old 08-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #515
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
we made disney bookmarks, mickey stationary (notecards), mickey photos in frames, postcards and magnets, with disney paper bags to hold them for our FE gifts... then we had to cancel our cruise.

we plan on re-booking in sept next year, and most of the FE gifts we can simply use next year, but i now have a bunch of postcards which say 'disney fantasy nov 24-dec 1, 2012' on the back of the card, so they can't be used as FE gifts next year...

anyone have any thoughts as to ways they may be repurposed?
What's on the front of the postcard?

You could glue it to the front of a plain notebook to make a journal for people. Or, if your FE group is larger and you need more frames, you could use those in the frames instead of a Mickey pic. Or, you could even just buy large address labels, print out sheets of labels with your new cruise details and slap that right over the original writing. The labels come in all sizes.

HTH.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #516
solfan68
DIS Veteran

Well, we are back. Sad to say, but it was an awesome time on The Dream ! Do ya feel me Aug5 Double Dippers ? Anyway, time for this non-crafty guy to share his bit of FE fun. Remember kids, ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE !

Thanks to these nice folks who gave us the inspiration. Alright... and the directions.

CBR - 7/94 CBR - 7/96 CSR - 6/07 POR - 6/08 WL - 1/11 DCL - 8/12
solfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #517
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
Thank you so much....these are perfect! Now I need to get to work on printing!
just wondering - how do you print ribbon?
love280mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #518
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Lot of cute ideas. I'm one of the ones holding mine back till after my cruise so as not to spoil the surprise.

Last edited by Cruise; 08-20-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #519
Rather Be At WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solfan68 View Post
Well, we are back. Sad to say, but it was an awesome time on The Dream ! Do ya feel me Aug5 Double Dippers ? Anyway, time for this non-crafty guy to share his bit of FE fun. Remember kids, ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE !

Thanks to these nice folks who gave us the inspiration. Alright... and the directions.

Nicely done!!!
Rather Be At WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #520
Leish
Earning My Ears

Wonderful ideas, especially for a first timer like me. Thanks for sharing.
Leish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #521
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

For our first time doing FEs I got a bunch of composition notebooks (.39 ea at Big Lots!) and covered the front with different designs of Disney paper. I figured it could be for a trip journal, autographs or whatever! We were overwhelmed with the generosity and our kids loved it. If I knew I were doing another cruise, I would definitely start WAY ahead of time looking for Disney / Pirate themed stuff or things out of which I could make bulk crafts pretty easily. As it was, I joined our FE group about 2 weeks before sailing date, so I had to do something that I could make quickly.

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
tinkeramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #522
pharmama
DIS Veteran

We did 2 FE deliveries on our recent 5night Dream cruise. 1st delivery was on the first night- a water bottle I customized and put a few candies inside (would have liked to put more but my budget was bursting! We're from SF so had to put the Ghirardelli's in there)

(special thanks to fellow DISer cctimmom for sending me the photos since I forgot to take any).
I tried to do this as one bottle per person but we had a number of late FE joiners...those cabins only got one per child. Also put an itinerary specific magnet on each cabin door with this delivery.

Then on Pirate night we did a paper bag (one per cabin) my DDs decorated with Pirate stickers that had a tube of glow bracelets ($1 at Michaels), chocolate coins, some pirate magnets (little painted wood pirate stuff that I found in a 4 pack/$1 at Michaels and added magnet tape to), and an eyepatch.

pharmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #523
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Those bottles are amazing and I would have loved the candy in there.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #524
swmal
Mouseketeer

Where did you get those bottles and how did you do the vinyl on them? Very cool!
swmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #525
pharmama
DIS Veteran

I got the water bottles from www.discountmugs.com but I looked at a lot of similar promo product websites (you can order 'blanks' from basically all of them). That site just happened to have a suitable bottle on clearance and a coupon code.

I cut the vinyl with my Cricut. However, I have a software program (Make the Cut) that allows me to cut anything I want from my computer with my Cricut (which I bought specifically for this purpose for another project- software + cricut was $160 at the time). Since then, this software maker and another similar one were sued by Provo Craft (makers of the Cricut) and the software is no longer available for use with Cricut machines. It does work with some other craft cutters but I don't know much about them. Googling may find you another way to use MTC with a Cricut but YMMV with that.

I just don't upgrade my software and cut away...

Oh- and I buy the vinyl on Amazon from a marketplace seller. The Cricut brand vinyl is ridiculously expensive.

I've made bottles as kids party favors too...usually end up spending around $4-6 per bottle depending on how good a deal I can find on water bottles. I've heard that Dollar stores often have basic metal water bottles now too but I wanted one with a sipper type top.

pharmama is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: