Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #496
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

Thanks! That's where I got them - right out of the dollar section. Added a bit of bling and VOILA! Mickey notecards! Quite easy. I tied them up in ribbon and put them inside a plastic baggie so they don't get damaged. I am trying to keep all my FE stuff together in one place - sort of pre-packing. I have a few items that I'm going to put together once onboard. The "pirate decrees" - I made my own but used the ideas on here - I'll just pack those flat and bring rubber bands/ties with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTills View Post
Just saw these notecards at Michaels yesterday (minus the Mickey bling of course!). Cute!

2006: Port Orleans FQ (EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival)
2008: CB (MNSSHP)
2012: West'n Carib 7 nt on Fantasy!

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Alex (11) & Abby Kate (9)
C8eOg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #497
blueladybug
Earning My Ears

Love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
Now tht my two latest cruises are over, I can post what I made. Bewteen the 2 cruises, I had about 50 cabins to deliver to. My original inspiration was the fact that Hawaii was going to be a 15 night cruise and I thoght maybe some poeple could use some games if they had down time in their rooms!

I hand pianted (not so well on some) mickey heads on the side of the dice with 1 dot, decorated the dice holder and then included some games along with balnk paper that could be played with the dice. I also made pens to match.

Love this idea! What did you use for the dice container?
blueladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #498
erk711
Mouseketeer

Teen boy FE gifts

I've searched the thread for FE gifts for boys age 16+ and have come up with pirate medallion, candy and glow balls (not sure if I've seen those).

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Many thanks
Celebrated 25th Anniversary sailing on the Pacific Pixar Wonder Cruise Sept 30/12
Celebrated DS 19th Birthday sailing to Alaska on the Wonder August 19/13
Celebrating DD 19th Birthday sailing on the Dream to Nassau May 4/15
erk711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #499
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Glow sticks, flashlights, wallet, deck of cards & hand held games
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #500
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk711 View Post
I've searched the thread for FE gifts for boys age 16+ and have come up with pirate medallion, candy and glow balls (not sure if I've seen those).

Many thanks
For the teen boys in my group (over 14) I got foldable water bottles, like this http://vapur.us/?gclid=CKfv3fHc1LECFUcbQgodUyUAqA
from the 99 Cent Store. I struggled to figure out something for that age.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #501
erk711
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
For the teen boys in my group (over 14) I got foldable water bottles, like this http://vapur.us/?gclid=CKfv3fHc1LECFUcbQgodUyUAqA
from the 99 Cent Store. I struggled to figure out something for that age.
Thanks. Just after posting I saw somewhere else about using a water bottle and I thought about using a regular one and stuffing it with candy! Two gifts in one
Celebrated 25th Anniversary sailing on the Pacific Pixar Wonder Cruise Sept 30/12
Old 08-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #502
erk711
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptwolfman View Post
Glow sticks, flashlights, wallet, deck of cards & hand held games
Thanks for the flashlight idea. Reminds me a saw a battery operated glow stick/strobe light/flashlight "stick" at Walmart last week!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #503
PA Princess
DIS Veteran

Anyone looking for an easy FE, the Dollar Tree has small (locker sized) magnetic white boards which include attached pen with eraser for $1. We added some Mickey and the gang stickers also from Dollar Tree (50 stickers - 4 pages in a pack) and they turned out super cute! We made these for our own two doors (FE is finished), but I thought I would pass it on for someone looking for a stateroom gift.
PA Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #504
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

We put together a few different items for our FE gift. One is a pirate bookmark and they are turning out so cute! I used my cricket last night to cut out the base and "Donald's" anchor - then I put Riddles on one side and the answers on the other. I have to take them over to be laminated today and then I'll punch & ribbon then. My husband actually helped me put them together last night which I was totally shocked and was so not expecting! It's certainly not a difficult craft - he's just not the crafty type at all.

He went shopping with me too on Sunday and we picked out some ship shaped foam and some Disney chipboard cutouts which we are making into door magnants. We added a little bit of Mickey/Pirate to the mix and I think they're going to turn out really cute. I lettered some with "Disney" or "Fantasy" but I didn't have enough to do each one with. Without last names, I can't really put the family name on it so I'm just working with what I got.

2006: Port Orleans FQ (EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival)
2008: CB (MNSSHP)
2012: West'n Carib 7 nt on Fantasy!

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Alex (11) & Abby Kate (9)
C8eOg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #505
crushonjessica
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk711 View Post

Many thanks
drawstring backpacks from Oriental Trading

http://www.orientaltrading.com/api/search?Ntt=backpack

if you think some colors are "girly" then you can dye some black or blue.

crushonjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #506
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8eOg View Post
We put together a few different items for our FE gift. One is a pirate bookmark and they are turning out so cute! I used my cricket last night to cut out the base and "Donald's" anchor - then I put Riddles on one side and the answers on the other. I have to take them over to be laminated today and then I'll punch & ribbon then. My husband actually helped me put them together last night which I was totally shocked and was so not expecting! It's certainly not a difficult craft - he's just not the crafty type at all.

He went shopping with me too on Sunday and we picked out some ship shaped foam and some Disney chipboard cutouts which we are making into door magnants. We added a little bit of Mickey/Pirate to the mix and I think they're going to turn out really cute. I lettered some with "Disney" or "Fantasy" but I didn't have enough to do each one with. Without last names, I can't really put the family name on it so I'm just working with what I got.
Can't wait to see these!

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #507
lsjones
Mouseketeer

This will be first FE...and I'm not sure on the equitte. If doing something like a sling bag, do you do one for each person in the cabin? And do you only deliver one gift per cruise?

1975-First WDW trip! ~1995 Offsite
1997 Shades of Green (Super Soap Weekend!) ~ 1998 Offsite ~1999 Offsite ~ 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ 2002 ASM & Offsite ~ 2006 POR & Offsite and First MNSSHP ~ 2008 Offsite First MVMCP ~ April 2009 First Disney Cruise to Tortola on the Magic ~ April 2011 RCI Allure of the Seas ~ October 2012 Disney Fantasy ~ October 2013 Disney Fantasy
lsjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #508
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjones View Post
This will be first FE...and I'm not sure on the equitte. If doing something like a sling bag, do you do one for each person in the cabin? And do you only deliver one gift per cruise?
I would only do one per cabin.

If there are any kids in the cabin, you could always add something small for them.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #509
5crazyfordisney
Earning My Ears

Recent cruisers - do you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keurigirl View Post
Just jumping in to discourage the "minnie" emergency kits or "bare" necessities kit... over half the people in my last cruise did something like this. I think the idea has become really popular. It's a great idea and very cute, but not when half your exchange does it! lol
I am getting ready to buy supplies for my FE gifts and wanted to check with recent cruisers and see if this is true -- in your recent FE did you get multiple emergency / necessities kits? If so, could you give me an idea of the number - say, out of 25 gifts, 3 were kits? Did you think this was too many? What did you do with all the kits - will you use them all or end up keeping one and throwing away the others or giving them away?

Although I'm in the camp that you can never have too many (spread them around - put one in car, medicine cabinet, swim bag, diaper bag, traveling bag, etc.) and I'd like to think my kit will be unique, I don't want to make something unoriginal or not useful...

Thanks so much!
Shea
5crazyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #510
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5crazyfordisney View Post
I am getting ready to buy supplies for my FE gifts and wanted to check with recent cruisers and see if this is true -- in your recent FE did you get multiple emergency / necessities kits? If so, could you give me an idea of the number - say, out of 25 gifts, 3 were kits? Did you think this was too many? What did you do with all the kits - will you use them all or end up keeping one and throwing away the others or giving them away?

Although I'm in the camp that you can never have too many (spread them around - put one in car, medicine cabinet, swim bag, diaper bag, traveling bag, etc.) and I'd like to think my kit will be unique, I don't want to make something unoriginal or not useful...

Thanks so much!
Shea
Shea -

Personally, we loved getting them. We received 4 in our group of 35 but they were all a little different.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: