Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #466
tlcoke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
We got something like this on our last cruise. It had a picture of the ship, along with the dates, printed on clear paper, cut into a circle and inserted into a small clear glass ornament. Unfortunately, it broke during the packing and travel home (and we were only half hour away). Take this into consideration if it is something breakable.
If you want to make an ornament that has a more stained glass look to it, print your image on Transparency Film (like used on an overhead projector), it too will roll up and fit into an ornament, just be careful not to scratch the printed side of the film.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #467
dee slack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_2011 View Post
Just want to share this Facebook group of fish extender
thanks so much for the link - so many wonderful ideas.

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
dee slack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #468
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

Nautical Mickey Note Cards w/ Mickey bling

Added Mickey bling to nautical themed note cards:

PhotoGrid - note cards by C8eOg, on Flickr

2006: Port Orleans FQ (EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival)
2008: CB (MNSSHP)
2012: West'n Carib 7 nt on Fantasy!

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Alex (11) & Abby Kate (9)
C8eOg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #469
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

Mini Chalkboards: painted chipboard w/ chalkbaord paint and papered backs w/ Disney paper. Added pirate ribbon and personalized w/ Fantasy 2012 using metallic/pastel velum markers (pink/silver/blue/purple/red-pink) that look chalk-like on the black background.

chalkboards by C8eOg, on Flickr

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey

Last edited by C8eOg; 07-26-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #470
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8eOg View Post
Mini Chalkboards: painted chipboard w/ chalkbaord paint and papered backs w/ Disney paper. Added pirate ribbon and personalized w/ Fantasy 2012 using metallic/pastel velum markers (pink/silver/blue/purple/red-pink) that look chalk-like on the black background.

I love them. What a cute idea and you did such a great job.
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
KarlaG4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #471
DisneyMom76
Earning My Ears

Love the ideas! I have a few months til the next cruise so now I must begin to brainstorm! Anyone else going June 15 2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean?

DisneyMom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #472
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
concerned about theft on ship, awful, i know, but something to consider.

Many people are saying they use the plastic ties to tie on the fish extenders, but if there's ribbon too, can't someone just cut through the ribbon if they want it bad enough?

People are just too callous these days and even on a Dis ship you can't be sure. Just hope none of our gifts mysteriously walk away either.

any other ideas of how to really secure the fe? guess you could put the strap tie through the fabric itself somehow.
Our FE was fine and I didn't zip tie it or anything....and our room was literally just off the mid ship elevators!

However we didn't receive gifts from 2 families in our group (I only know this because our group was very small...10 cabins) and my daughter was excitedly taking pictures as she arrived back to the room and there was a
gift, so I know we didn't get a few things.

Perhaps stolen but we'll never know. I guess if you have a larger group, you wouldn't really notice because who's keeping track, but with a small group it was apparent.

It hadn't occurred to me to be concerned someone would take the actual FE. Ours was personalized so kind of useless for someone else!

My daughter was a little sad to not get all the gifts though, mostly because she helped me make some and deliver and she was surprised some would go missing!
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #473
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post

My daughter was a little sad to not get all the gifts though, mostly because she helped me make some and deliver and she was surprised some would go missing!
That's too bad. I made quite a few smaller type gifts to give - I have the chalkboards for the kiddos and the notecards for the grown ups but I also made bookmarks last night with pirate riddles on them. I am going to laminate them and add those to the gift - I did a stateroom gift (a paperbag autograph album) for the families w/ kids and s'thing different for the adults but I want to make sure everyone gets a little something in their pocket so I have little gifts for everyone. I want to do a pirate creed but I'm having a hard time finding the paper - ?? I guess I need to try Kinkos - I've tried JoAnne's and Michaels and they don't have what I need. I'll post pics of the albums and the bookmarks when I finish them. I had a Disney book that the binding got completely ruined so I used pages from the book and it turned out really cute!!

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Old 07-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #474
Drew9780
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8eOg

That's too bad. I made quite a few smaller type gifts to give - I have the chalkboards for the kiddos and the notecards for the grown ups but I also made bookmarks last night with pirate riddles on them. I am going to laminate them and add those to the gift - I did a stateroom gift (a paperbag autograph album) for the families w/ kids and s'thing different for the adults but I want to make sure everyone gets a little something in their pocket so I have little gifts for everyone. I want to do a pirate creed but I'm having a hard time finding the paper - ?? I guess I need to try Kinkos - I've tried JoAnne's and Michaels and they don't have what I need. I'll post pics of the albums and the bookmarks when I finish them. I had a Disney book that the binding got completely ruined so I used pages from the book and it turned out really cute!!
For your pirate creed you can try parchment paper. They should have it at staples or office depot. I used it to make ages looking pirate maps for my sons birthday invites. I then tour around all the edges and used distressing ink to make it look aged. Hope this helps
Drew9780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #475
C8eOg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew9780 View Post
For your pirate creed you can try parchment paper. They should have it at staples or office depot. I used it to make ages looking pirate maps for my sons birthday invites. I then tour around all the edges and used distressing ink to make it look aged. Hope this helps
Very helpful! I haven't tried those places yet. I tried the obvious craft stores but not the office supply places. Thanks! I will look.

First time cruising!

Cameron & Casey
Old 07-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #476
Woobie
DIS Veteran

Another option for aged paper look is to soak it in tea. The paper takes on the brownish color. When it's dry, you can burn the edges slightly. Looks great.
Woobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #477
solfan68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8eOg View Post

Extremely COOL ! Think there will be some excited kids on your cruise.

CBR - 7/94 CBR - 7/96 CSR - 6/07 POR - 6/08 WL - 1/11 DCL - 8/12
solfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #478
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Hi DISsers!
This thread was really important to me in the days/weeks/months that I was deciding what to do for FE gifts, so I wanted to come back and "report"!
We did a one time gift bag for each member of the room, one bag for a "couple". The contents of each bag varied according to the gender and age of the person. Some of what we put in was bought stuff - candy/chips/superballs/gum/notebooks/crayons/pirate necklaces etc. The "special" things were the most fun to figure out and to make. All teens and adults got a lanyard keyring or zipper pull, made by my teens and some by me (only at the end did I agreed to learn to make them, too!). This is the group photo before putting them in bags:

Also, we made up little cups of blue/white/silver sprinkles (Israeli colors) for putting on ice cream. I ordered individual packets of chocolate fudge and tied them together as an ice cream kit of sorts. Here is the "pixie dust" sprinkles:

Adults also got single-serve packets of Turkish/Greek/Mud Coffee - with these instructions on how to make it:

Finally, with the help of the DISsigners and Vistaprint, I had these magnets made:

MOSTLY I had FUN!!!!! It really was!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051

Last edited by HermanTriplets+1; 07-28-2012 at 09:56 AM.
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #479
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Hi DISsers!
This thread was really important to me in the days/weeks/months that I was deciding what to do for FE gifts, so I wanted to come back and "report"!
We did a one time gift bag for each member of the room, one bag for a "couple". The contents of each bag varied according to the gender and age of the person. Some of what we put in was bought stuff - candy/chips/superballs/gum/notebooks/crayons/pirate necklaces etc. The "special" things were the most fun to figure out and to make. All teens and adults got a lanyard keyring or zipper pull, made by my teens and some by me (only at the end did I agreed to learn to make them, too!). This is the group photo before putting them in bags:

Also, we made up little cups of blue/white/silver sprinkles (Israeli colors) for putting on ice cream. I ordered individual packets of chocolate fudge and tied them together as an ice cream kit of sorts. Here is the "pixie dust" sprinkles:

Adults also got single-serve packets of Turkish/Greek/Mud Coffee - with these instructions on how to make it:

Finally, with the help of the DISsigners and Vistaprint, I had these magnets made:

MOSTLY I had FUN!!!!! It really was!
Hi Laurie,
Love your ideas...the sprinkles are fun....I bet there were jealous passengers at the ice cream station wondering why they didn't have sprinkles, too1!

I agree, it was fun making everything...Zoe was really into it!

Maura
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #480
gatorfreud
DIS Veteran

Bumping up for someone...

Kim
3/07 - All Star Sports
7/07 - Disney's Vero Beach
11/07 - MVMCP, POR and Coronado Springs
1/08 - Disneyland
3/08 - Camping at Fort Wilderness