Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #436
sari8970
Mouseketeer

Also, I read somewhere on here that someone was personalizing pillow cases. I just found out about the pillow case idea for my boys. I was wondering how they could be personalized.

Thanks again!
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #437
Dislaney4n6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sari8970 View Post
Also, I read somewhere on here that someone was personalizing pillow cases. I just found out about the pillow case idea for my boys. I was wondering how they could be personalized.

Thanks again!
Some people have embroidery options on their sewing machines. They are able to personalize with the child's name and sometimes a Disney character as well.
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #438
Dislaney4n6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This will be our first Disney Cruise and we decided to join an FE group.

I was making magnets for each person and then one per stateroom.

After finding this link, I'm thinking it's not enough. I haven't finished all of the individual personalized magnets yet so I don't have a ton of time, especially since I have a 3 and 5 year old.

I was going to order some stuff to make goody bags for the kids that had some pirate stuff in it, but then after talking with someone in our group I thought they could get stuff like this already because of pirate night (I was going to do tattoos, mini telescopes, pirate rings).

Does anyone have any ideas for someone who isn't really crafty and that won't cost me a ton of money?

Thanks!

Sari
The only thing you get on pirate night is a bandana. For the kiddies I made a necklace w/ charms and black cords from ebay. Cost about $5.00 for 25 necklaces. Got mickey heads for the girls and skull and crossbones for boys. Added some candy & temporary tattoos for the boys. The girls got a small nailpolish and lip balm. I also did some homemade postcards and pens so everyone (kids & adults) can send it from CC. Good luck and have fun!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #439
stacyk9
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Thanks again!
We bought a personalized iron-on off of eBay last year. It would be pretty easy to make your own, though. Just put something together on your computer and print it out on transfer paper.

Disney Dream Caribbean Cruise - Spring 2014
WDW - Summer 2013
Disney Fantasy Caribbean Cruise - Spring 2012
Disney Dream Caribbean Cruise - Spring 2011
WDW - Summer 2011
WDW - Summer 2010
stacyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #440
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This will be our first Disney Cruise and we decided to join an FE group.

I was making magnets for each person and then one per stateroom.

After finding this link, I'm thinking it's not enough. I haven't finished all of the individual personalized magnets yet so I don't have a ton of time, especially since I have a 3 and 5 year old.

I was going to order some stuff to make goody bags for the kids that had some pirate stuff in it, but then after talking with someone in our group I thought they could get stuff like this already because of pirate night (I was going to do tattoos, mini telescopes, pirate rings).

Does anyone have any ideas for someone who isn't really crafty and that won't cost me a ton of money?

Thanks!

Sari
Hi Sari-

The magnets sound lovely! If that's what you have time/money/inclination to do, then that's plenty! FE exchanges are about sharing a little Disney magic and shouldn't be causing you stress or worry!

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #441
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
Hi Sari-

The magnets sound lovely! If that's what you have time/money/inclination to do, then that's plenty! FE exchanges are about sharing a little Disney magic and shouldn't be causing you stress or worry!
I feel the same way. Everyone seems so creative here. I don't know if I could be as creative. Thanks for putting my worries to rest. Our cruise is in September so I need to get working.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #442
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnsuch View Post

Hi there. For those who asked, the key fobs were much easier than I had expected. Using the 7/8" ribbon, I fused it to 1 1/4" webbing with 7/8" Heat n Bond, then stitched along both sides of the ribbon with matching thread on top and webbing colored thread in the bobbin.

Using a rotary blade, I cut the length to 11" and stitched the two sides together 1/4" from the ends. The key fob hardware then clamps to the stitched end covering that stitching. For ease of handling, I worked on sections of 44" at a time.
did you find these in bulk? I found the fob in bulk but not the mickey head key ring...wanted to make some for a friend of mine

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
https://sites.google.com/site/jan312...erfulsouthern/ <----Webpage for the Jan. 31, 2016 Southern Caribbean Disney Wonder

Disney Magic 2006(7nt Eastern), Disney Magic 2008(7nt Eastern), Disney Magic 2009(7 nt Western), Disney Wonder 2012( 7nt Mexican Riviera), Disney Magic 2013(5nt Xmas Western), Disney Fantasy 2015(7nt Jamaica), Disney Wonder 2016(Southern-7nt)

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #443
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
The hidden mickey sounds interesting. Is it for a Cruise? If so, possibly the Magic?

Can someone please explain this to me so I can see if I can add it to our FE gift?

Thank you so much!

Sari
The Hidden Mickeys that this referred to are graphics to be used for glass tile pendants. They are kind of marble effect designs with Hidden Mickeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
did you find these in bulk? I found the fob in bulk but not the mickey head key ring...wanted to make some for a friend of mine
Try this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20x-New-Iron...06%26rk%3D1%26

I have bought a bunch of things from this seller before and would not hesitate to use him again.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #444
KevinWP
Earning My Ears

Too hot to craft!

Heading towards our August cruise and I have so many ideas for our FE but it is getting too hot to craft! I don't think I am even close to getting half of what I had hoped to do finished in time. There are times I wish we had an AC, and this is one of them! I need to book another cruise so I can finish my FE ideas!

I really wanna get opinions on the stuff I have made already but I know I cannot post anything or give hints even till we get back. If anyone wants to help me out who is NOT on my cruise please PM me. I would appreciate some advice.
TIA
KevinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #445
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

Quote:

Thanks again!

They sell the pillowcases on Etsy. You can have them personalized.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. - Mark Twain
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #446
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinwithmaandpa View Post
They sell the pillowcases on Etsy. You can have them personalized.
I have 2 personalized and autograph pillowcases, as well as picture mats. While cute, not really useful. Now I am looking for a nice tote bag to have signed. DisneyStore.com sells them, although they are not the cutest or best price. Any suggestions?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #447
lucky1
Face Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I have 2 personalized and autograph pillowcases, as well as picture mats. While cute, not really useful. Now I am looking for a nice tote bag to have signed. DisneyStore.com sells them, although they are not the cutest or best price. Any suggestions?
I purchased blank, cotton/canves totes from Michaels/WalMart and did this to them..
http://vacationfieldguides.com/2011/...ey-head-shirt/

I also did an iron on of our cruise logo...
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #448
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The Hidden Mickeys that this referred to are graphics to be used for glass tile pendants. They are kind of marble effect designs with Hidden Mickeys.

Try this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20x-New-Iron...06%26rk%3D1%26

I have bought a bunch of things from this seller before and would not hesitate to use him again.

Corinna
Thanks Corinna, I knew I should just ask you....LOL

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
https://sites.google.com/site/jan312...erfulsouthern/ <----Webpage for the Jan. 31, 2016 Southern Caribbean Disney Wonder

Disney Magic 2006(7nt Eastern), Disney Magic 2008(7nt Eastern), Disney Magic 2009(7 nt Western), Disney Wonder 2012( 7nt Mexican Riviera), Disney Magic 2013(5nt Xmas Western), Disney Fantasy 2015(7nt Jamaica), Disney Wonder 2016(Southern-7nt)

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #449
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Thanks Corinna, I knew I should just ask you....LOL
Yes, you should

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #450
dcperry
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue
I need some creative help with my Christmas ornaments. I am using clear plastic ornaments and want to include some type of tag identifying our cruise, but I'm not sure what to use - I thought about writing on the ornament itself, but I'm afraid it will look sloppy. My other thought was to have customized ribbon made, but that seems to be an expensive options.

Any ideas?????
You can print an image on vellum paper and cut it out with a circle cutter and insert that into the ornament, vellum works best because it uncoils nicely. I did something similar for my cousins wedding favors.
dcperry is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: