Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #421
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay

I like the idea!! My only concern is actually a question.

Do you know how many items you can drop off at GS for signature? I for one, plan to drop off 2 or 3 things (if I can) -- two pillow cases for my daughters and one print mat for me. Not sure if I could drop off another one or not.

If so, no worries. If not, then your mat would go to waste (or I guess it could be given to another family that didn't know about the GS thing).
Last cruise I was on it was only supposed to be 2 things per room but I know they have allowed more based on the amount of children in the room
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #422
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

I need some creative help with my Christmas ornaments. I am using clear plastic ornaments and want to include some type of tag identifying our cruise, but I'm not sure what to use - I thought about writing on the ornament itself, but I'm afraid it will look sloppy. My other thought was to have customized ribbon made, but that seems to be an expensive options.

Any ideas?????

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #423
solfan68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
Hi guys, since we are back from out Alaska Cruise I wanted to show you a picture of the completed FE Gift we handed out. We only did one per cabin and there were only 12 cabins other than us that participates, so a relatively small FE group.

Wow. Very impressive !

CBR - 7/94 CBR - 7/96 CSR - 6/07 POR - 6/08 WL - 1/11 DCL - 8/12
solfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #424
Woobie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnedwards View Post
We are thinking about giving each cabin a plain photo mat with a marker. In the bag with the mat and marker would also be a note directing the recipient to drop off the bag at Guest Services so it can be signed and returned as an autographed souvenir.
My concern with this is the number of FE participants. I fear if too many people start dropping off stuff to be signed, DCL will eliminate this perk (I'm sure non-FE folks will drop stuff off, too). If I remember correctly, there was a brief period of time where they did for ths reason??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]
We made Custom Painted Vinylmations, My husband hand painted them all to look like the Fisherman Mickey and I used Photoshop to design the inserts and backing for the plastic packaging.
These are SO COOL!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
I need some creative help with my Christmas ornaments. I am using clear plastic ornaments and want to include some type of tag identifying our cruise, but I'm not sure what to use - I thought about writing on the ornament itself, but I'm afraid it will look sloppy. My other thought was to have customized ribbon made, but that seems to be an expensive options.

Any ideas?????
Maybe fill them with mini items that symbolize where you are from (no sand, though - not allowed). You could do a message in a bottle type thing with a picture or actual message. You can do the marble painting inside. Use themed stickers on the outside. Ooops... are you looking for just the tag ideas? In that case, you can print your own ribbon (Google for instructions), or just print out a fun tag and tie it on with curling ribbon.
Woobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #425
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post

Any ideas?????
What about doing clean ornaments then using your printer to print out:
Dates
Boat
Every
Single
Port
on a different line?
Then cut those lines out individually (like shred it) and fill the ornament?
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #426
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes87 View Post
We just got back from the Mexican Riviera Cruise a few weeks ago and we had some of the most wonderful FE gifts But now that were back and things have calmed down I just wanted to post my FE gift. My idea came from last thread and after going back and forth trying to decide what to do I'm glad I did this....I just hope everyone else did to

These are the coasters that I made and gave out...of course I had to keep a set for myself

Oh, can you please share how you made these, they are very cute! Our cruise will be Western Caribbean. But maybe I could do just something from Castaway Cay.
love280mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #427
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
Oh, can you please share how you made these, they are very cute! Our cruise will be Western Caribbean. But maybe I could do just something from Castaway Cay.
@Blueeys87 - the coasters are absolutely adorable. Great job.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #428
miry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue

Any ideas?????
Im doing something similar with glass ornaments and had a similar issue. I found rub on transfers called rub onz at hobby lobby. They are a little pricey about $8 for four sheets, but I was able to get over a dozen transfers per sheet so I only used one package for the whole cruise. You can also go to the hobby lobby website and print a 40% off coupon for one item which helped a lot. They ar fairly simple to use, you reverse your image and print it on a regular printer then apply following the directions included. Good luck and have fun!

Disneyland 1978 Disneyland 1982 Disneyland 2002 Disneyland 2003 Polynesian 2005 All Star Movies 2006 Disneyland 2007 Port Orleans Riverside 2008 Wonder Bahamas 2008 Caribbean Beach 2009 Pop Century 2010 Magic Western Caribbean 2010 Disneyland 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera 2011 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
miry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #429
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

I have a question about using candy for the FE's?

I thought taking food onboard was not allowed? Was it just that it couldn't be shipped beforehand - something about sniffing dogs, etc?

So, are we allowed to take food/snacks of our own onboard?

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #430
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
I have a question about using candy for the FE's?

I thought taking food onboard was not allowed? Was it just that it couldn't be shipped beforehand - something about sniffing dogs, etc?

So, are we allowed to take food/snacks of our own onboard?

Thanks!
You are correct that foods and liquids are not allowed to be shipped before hand. Sealed, pre-packaged, manufactured foods are allowed but homemade items are not allowed no matter how they are packaged.

HTH

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #431
gfolchick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miry View Post
Im doing something similar with glass ornaments and had a similar issue. I found rub on transfers called rub onz at hobby lobby. They are a little pricey about $8 for four sheets, but I was able to get over a dozen transfers per sheet so I only used one package for the whole cruise. You can also go to the hobby lobby website and print a 40% off coupon for one item which helped a lot. They ar fairly simple to use, you reverse your image and print it on a regular printer then apply following the directions included. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks for the tip about the rub ons. I just did a search for them online and they are called Grafix Rub-Onz transfer film. Seems really easy to use, I'm going to have to pick some up. The wheels are spinning with ideas for them

As for ideas for the ornaments you could always print off a picture of the ship you're going on and "float" the picture in the clear ornament, maybe back it with the itinerary and dates and tie a red ribbon on the hanger part. To float the picture you just roll it up to get it in the ornament and then use something long/flat to smooth it out. It won't be up against the glass but just inside.
gfolchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #432
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
These are the instructions that I followed.

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/03/30/diy-coasters/
for anyone who did these tile coasters - how many did you give, and HOW ON EARTH did you lug it all around?

Did you ship them to the port ahead of time?

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #433
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Glitter View Post
Last cruise I was on it was only supposed to be 2 things per room but I know they have allowed more based on the amount of children in the room
Thanks for the info!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #434
sari8970
Mouseketeer

If you are going on the Disney Magic from NY to Canada on August 12th - don't read th

This will be our first Disney Cruise and we decided to join an FE group.

I was making magnets for each person and then one per stateroom.

After finding this link, I'm thinking it's not enough. I haven't finished all of the individual personalized magnets yet so I don't have a ton of time, especially since I have a 3 and 5 year old.

I was going to order some stuff to make goody bags for the kids that had some pirate stuff in it, but then after talking with someone in our group I thought they could get stuff like this already because of pirate night (I was going to do tattoos, mini telescopes, pirate rings).

Does anyone have any ideas for someone who isn't really crafty and that won't cost me a ton of money?

Thanks!

Sari
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #435
sari8970
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I have them and just emailed them to you.

Corinna
The hidden mickey sounds interesting. Is it for a Cruise? If so, possibly the Magic?

Can someone please explain this to me so I can see if I can add it to our FE gift?

Thank you so much!

Sari
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: