Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #406
Woobie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith1113 View Post
In the past, my husband did small individual watercolors; this time there were too many, so he did a watercolor and had professional prints made and then matted them. I think it was just as nice. We gave one to each family, in addition to Disney-themed gifts for all those under 21.
[IMG]http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd428/amysmithfla/[/IMG]
The painting is AMAZING!!! Even my 11YO was impressed and said he'd love to have one.
Woobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #407
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

Quote:
In the past, my husband did small individual watercolors; this time there were too many, so he did a watercolor and had professional prints made and then matted them. I think it was just as nice. We gave one to each family, in addition to Disney-themed gifts for all those under 21.

We received tons of lovely gifts, but in terms of very unique and noteworthy, we got a group of plastic items made with a makerbot machine that I had never even heard of, but my son had and was thrilled with the items. We also received locally-made soap from one family; that was something we had not received before.

[IMG]http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd428/amysmithfla[/IMG]

WOW! What a nice gift. That would definitely hang in my house.
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #408
dawnedwards
Mouseketeer

This is our first Disney Cruise and therefore our first FE.

I would love some feedback about my idea.

We are thinking about giving each cabin a plain photo mat with a marker. In the bag with the mat and marker would also be a note directing the recipient to drop off the bag at Guest Services so it can be signed and returned as an autographed souvenir.

The plan was to include a smaller bag in each with candy for the CMs at Guest Services as well as a label identifying the cabin # so it is ready to be handed it.

4 WDW vacations and in 2013 our first Disney Cruise in 2013 on the Dream
dawnedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #409
Boridiva Belle
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We received tons of lovely gifts, but in terms of very unique and noteworthy, we got a group of plastic items made with a makerbot machine that I had never even heard of, but my son had and was thrilled with the items. We also received locally-made soap from one family; that was something we had not received before.
Those are beautiful!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #410
Boridiva Belle
Earning My Ears

I've been working hard on the FE gifts for our Alaskan Cruise. I can't wait to show everyone when we get back
Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #411
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Since We are back, I wanted to show you the completed ones!

Hi guys, since we are back from out Alaska Cruise I wanted to show you a picture of the completed FE Gift we handed out. We only did one per cabin and there were only 12 cabins other than us that participates, so a relatively small FE group.

We made Custom Painted Vinylmations, My husband hand painted them all to look like the Fisherman Mickey and I used Photoshop to design the inserts and backing for the plastic packaging.

AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #412
Manon_Paul_Nina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG
Hi guys, since we are back from out Alaska Cruise I wanted to show you a picture of the completed FE Gift we handed out. We only did one per cabin and there were only 12 cabins other than us that participates, so a relatively small FE group.

We made Custom Painted Vinylmations, My husband hand painted them all to look like the Fisherman Mickey and I used Photoshop to design the inserts and backing for the plastic packaging.
Great idea!!!
Very beautyful!

url]

Manon_Paul_Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #413
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post

They are amazing.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #414
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Quote:

These are awesome! Such a great idea!!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #415
asmith1113
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobie View Post
The painting is AMAZING!!! Even my 11YO was impressed and said he'd love to have one.
Thank you! I told my husband your son liked it and he was very pleased! Maybe we'll be on a cruise with you someday.
asmith1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #416
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Very cool!!!!

Quote:
Thank you! I told my husband your son liked it and he was very pleased! Maybe we'll be on a cruise with you someday.
I thought the painting was a great gift ! Wish I had been on your cruise!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #417
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

We will be on one of the NYC cruises to Canada in September. We have never done a FE before and really do not have any idea what to do. I really want to join in. I am going to have to do some thinking. You guys seem so creative.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #418
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

AAshleySEG What kind of paint do you use on Vinylmation? I have a 9" one that I don't care for, and I'm thinking of painting it. Was even thinking about using chalkboard paint.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #419
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
AAshleySEG What kind of paint do you use on Vinylmation? I have a 9" one that I don't care for, and I'm thinking of painting it. Was even thinking about using chalkboard paint.
He used enamel paint and then clear coated with krylon for plastic
Chalkboard paint sounds interesting! Hmmmm...
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #420
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnedwards View Post
This is our first Disney Cruise and therefore our first FE.

I would love some feedback about my idea.

We are thinking about giving each cabin a plain photo mat with a marker. In the bag with the mat and marker would also be a note directing the recipient to drop off the bag at Guest Services so it can be signed and returned as an autographed souvenir.

The plan was to include a smaller bag in each with candy for the CMs at Guest Services as well as a label identifying the cabin # so it is ready to be handed it.
I like the idea!! My only concern is actually a question.

Do you know how many items you can drop off at GS for signature? I for one, plan to drop off 2 or 3 things (if I can) -- two pillow cases for my daughters and one print mat for me. Not sure if I could drop off another one or not.

If so, no worries. If not, then your mat would go to waste (or I guess it could be given to another family that didn't know about the GS thing).
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: