Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
FutureMrsF
Mouseketeer

Grand cayman tour help

Hi everyone,

We really want to do the island tour excursion, however we were looking into doing it non DCL as the DCL tour doesn't go to all the stops we want to go.

All the non DCL tours I've looked at though start at 9am and the ship doesn't dock until 10.30 does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Andrea
Old 01-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London UK : Q: Why can't Elsa watch her movie on TV? A: Because her picture was Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsF View Post
Hi everyone,

We really want to do the island tour excursion, however we were looking into doing it non DCL as the DCL tour doesn't go to all the stops we want to go.

All the non DCL tours I've looked at though start at 9am and the ship doesn't dock until 10.30 does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Andrea
The DCL ships tender there and personally with added time for tender I would recommend against private tours there are too many variables.

Yes DCL often have odd port times there, then add tender transfer of at least thirty minutes.

Turtle farm, seven mile beach and Hell can be got to easy by taxi, and so you could do it DIY when your there but allow for tender time back.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #3
FutureMrsF
Mouseketeer

Thank you I appreciate the advice.

Please can you tell me if the bus stops at the old homestead and governors house for a photo op?

The only stops the tour docent make is the rum factory and seven mile beach, is the rum factory easy to get to on our own after the DCL tour if there is time?

Thank you
Old 01-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #4
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London UK : Q: Why can't Elsa watch her movie on TV? A: Because her picture was Frozen

Quote:
Thank you I appreciate the advice.

Please can you tell me if the bus stops at the old homestead and governors house for a photo op?

The only stops the tour docent make is the rum factory and seven mile beach, is the rum factory easy to get to on our own after the DCL tour if there is time?

Thank you
Seven mile beach is easy to get to on a taxi and often a lot of tours do stop there for a photo stop. I do not know where the rum factory is but you can buy it in town bar Sunday's.

Buses run up to seven Mike beach and can stop on request, I suggest a taxi it's cheap.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
FutureMrsF
Mouseketeer

Having had a look at the bus route I'm thinking I might do it on our own, we could get a bus or maybe taxi up to the turtle farm stopping at Hell on the way and then when we are done walk over to the rum factory and then get the bus or taxi back to the ship stopping at seven mile beach on the way for photos etc if there is time. This way we can do it at our own pace.

Does anyone know if it's easy to get a taxi from Hell or maybe the turtle farm or if we are better getting buses?

Thank you
Old 01-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Having had a look at the bus route I'm thinking I might do it on our own, we could get a bus or maybe taxi up to the turtle farm stopping at Hell on the way and then when we are done walk over to the rum factory and then get the bus or taxi back to the ship stopping at seven mile beach on the way for photos etc if there is time. This way we can do it at our own pace.

Does anyone know if it's easy to get a taxi from Hell or maybe the turtle farm or if we are better getting buses?

Thank you
I think you could come to an arrangement with your taxi driver. I have seen buses seem regular but do not know anything more we did taxis they waited for us.
* Disney Magic -
Old 01-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
mumto2
Mouseketeer

We are looking at renting a car for the day for a self-guided tour. I was surprised at how reasonable the rates are.
Last trips: Fort Wilderness Cabins 2008, Mommy and Me weekend at ASMo, Grand Gathering at the Cabins, both in 2010, POP surprise in 2011, 2012 Harry Potter and Cars in the same trip, Disneyland for a day solo 2013, DLR with the kids and Thanksgiving on the Dream (with a side trip to Harry Potter) 2014

Next trip: Fantasy Western Caribbean 2015

Trip Report: Guess What Kids? You get to plan your first trip to Disneyland!
mumto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #8
FutureMrsF
Mouseketeer

I like idea of the taxi especially if they will wait, I doubt we will be long in Hell. What sort of prices are the taxis as I can't imagine doing it here in the UK with our prices?

I don't think DH would like the idea of hiring a car as he is looking forward to a week of no driving and will probably be sampling the rum at the factory

Thank you both

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: