Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
elliev
Earning My Ears

Taking alcohol home

How are alcohol purchases handled when you buy on board and take the bottles home? What is the limit? Do you pack them? They cannot be carried on a plane because of the size, correct? What about customs?
elliev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliev View Post
How are alcohol purchases handled when you buy on board and take the bottles home? What is the limit? Do you pack them? They cannot be carried on a plane because of the size, correct? What about customs?
They are delivered to you last night to take off the ship. USA border control / customs limits how much you take off.

Details of current allowances are in a booklet guide to your cruise in your room.
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.

Last edited by DISNEY FANTASY; 07-06-2014 at 10:51 AM.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

In our experience, when they are delivered to your stateroom they are wrapped in bubble wrap. We put them in the center of our suitcase, surrounded by clothing, and have never had one break on a flight.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
ajl1969
Earning My Ears

Actually there is no limit on quantity. However, There IS a duty-free limit. If you want to bring more home, you might have to pay the duty (tax).

However on a past Cruise I lucked out and didn't even have to pay that. I presented my purchase declaration with the onboard customs agent. He reviewed it and said, "This isn't even 20 bucks!" He then signed off on my slip without me having to pay a dime.
ajl1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #5
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajl1969 View Post
Actually there is no limit on quantity. However, There IS a duty-free limit. If you want to bring more home, you might have to pay the duty (tax).

However on a past Cruise I lucked out and didn't even have to pay that. I presented my purchase declaration with the onboard customs agent. He reviewed it and said, "This isn't even 20 bucks!" He then signed off on my slip without me having to pay a dime.
Customs agents are allowed to waive the fee if it (the fee) is going to be less than $20 because the paperwork makes it uneconomical for them to process it.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

We have always declared it correctly and the tax has always been waived. I have heard that customs only takes checks and cash.

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Disneyland California 2009
Disney Wester Caribbean Cruise 2011/2013/2015
Disney World 2011 / 2012 / 2014
Disney Eastern Carribean Cruise 2012
Disney Alaskian Cruise 2012
Disney California Coast Cruise 2014
Disney Panama Canal repo 2014
Thnlk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: