Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
bfamily5
Yes, I need another guide book...it's part of the process

FE question

Hi! On our next cruise we will be participating in our FE...seems so cool! I'm trying to come up with a cool idea and the one I have involves small home made goodies...is that allowed. I'm talking candy and a liquid, but nor commercially packaged....will we be able to bring something like that onboard? Its an idea from Pinterest , so I know its been done, just not sure if its legal! TIA!!

FANTASY- Oct, 2014 Western Carribean
POR - Mar 2014.. us and the whole state of LA
CBR - Sept 2012..Just the 2 of us
POR - Sept 2011..Honey, I'm Home!
POR - Nov, 2009..Disney Love at first Sight!
Me: DH, DD(20), DD(17), DS (15)..
bfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Q: Why are there no planes where peter pan lives? A: Because there is a sign that says "Never Neverland"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfamily5 View Post
Hi! On our next cruise we will be participating in our FE...seems so cool! I'm trying to come up with a cool idea and the one I have involves small home made goodies...is that allowed. I'm talking candy and a liquid, but nor commercially packaged....will we be able to bring something like that onboard? Its an idea from Pinterest , so I know its been done, just not sure if its legal! TIA!!
OK for cruise, maybe not flights.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
From the DCL website:

Q:What items are not permitted on board?
A:In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.

•Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable food items plus any open snack containers

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...hibited-items/

and

Q:What food or food storage containers are not permitted?
A:Yes, but restrictions apply. Please review important guidelines below:
• Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable items plus any open snack containers cannot be brought onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention.
• Non-perishable, government-approved snack food items in their sealed, original packaging may be brought aboard ship; however, items must be consumed prior to returning to the home port at the end of the cruise or still remain in their sealed original packaging.
• Crew members are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage facilities for personal food or beverage items. Disney Cruise Line cannot verify the cleanliness of the environment in which pre-cooked or homemade food items were prepared, and so for the safety of all Guests and crew, these items are not permitted aboard the ship.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...ge-containers/

Now, all that said, do people bring homemade goodies to eat/give away, yes they do. But it does go against DCL's policy.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
kuhltiffany
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, most food-related FE gifts that are not commercially packaged would be discarded by passengers. Too many worries about ingredients, storage, allergies, etc.

I've been BOO'ED by SallySkelington!!!
kuhltiffany is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
ScubaMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhltiffany View Post
Unfortunately, most food-related FE gifts that are not commercially packaged would be discarded by passengers. Too many worries about ingredients, storage, allergies, etc.
We don't have any allergies or sensiticities but my paranoia and germaphobia mean we wouldn't try them. I think it's a lovely thought and I love making and receiving homemade FE gifts but food items should be saved for friends and neighbors rather than an anonymous exchange IMO.
ScubaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
bfamily5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaMama View Post
We don't have any allergies or sensiticities but my paranoia and germaphobia mean we wouldn't try them. I think it's a lovely thought and I love making and receiving homemade FE gifts but food items should be saved for friends and neighbors rather than an anonymous exchange IMO.
I totally get what you are saying! Hopefully none of you are in my FE, so I'll run this by you, The pinterest pin suggested getting together a small sundae topping kit..small bags of sprinkles and candies The candy is fine, I can get that at Halloween, but the sprinlkles I would probably go to the bulk store and divide them into small bags..also wanted to do small jars of commercial chocolate sauce. So that's where the re-packaging would come in. I'm not baking cookies! What do you think?

Old 11-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #7
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally get what you are saying! Hopefully none of you are in my FE, so I'll run this by you, The pinterest pin suggested getting together a small sundae topping kit..small bags of sprinkles and candies The candy is fine, I can get that at Halloween, but the sprinlkles I would probably go to the bulk store and divide them into small bags..also wanted to do small jars of commercial chocolate sauce. So that's where the re-packaging would come in. I'm not baking cookies! What do you think?
Try Amazon for some mini sized bottles or packages of sprinkles. As for the chocolate sauce you could look for small bottles of that too. On our Alaskan cruise I did hot chocolate add-ins. On Amazon I found mini bottles of peppermint syrup. They looked like mini alcohol bottles, but were just the syrup, no alcohol. I also had small jars of mini marshmallows that I found on Amazon. I gave one bottle to each family along with some other things. Everything was completely sealed. I was planning to do a sundae add-in thing for our next cruise, but I wouldn't even attempt giving anything that wasn't fully sealed because I'd toss it if it was not and was given to me.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM   #8
bfamily5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
Try Amazon for some mini sized bottles or packages of sprinkles. As for the chocolate sauce you could look for small bottles of that too. On our Alaskan cruise I did hot chocolate add-ins. On Amazon I found mini bottles of peppermint syrup. They looked like mini alcohol bottles, but were just the syrup, no alcohol. I also had small jars of mini marshmallows that I found on Amazon. I gave one bottle to each family along with some other things. Everything was completely sealed. I was planning to do a sundae add-in thing for our next cruise, but I wouldn't even attempt giving anything that wasn't fully sealed because I'd toss it if it was not and was given to me.
TAHNK YOU!!!! I didn't think these things would exist!! Off to Amazon stat!

Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM   #9
ScubaMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's not bad at all! The only thing you would've touched is then the sprinkles. There would be no fear of unknown ingredients or you cooking something wrong/poorly. I really hate the thought of germs things but I would let my son have them if he wanted because you can sprinkle sprinkles in the bag without touching them and the chance of it being poison is pretty much zero. Someone gave us that last cruise and it was appreciated. No chocolate sauce though. That would be a treat! And if anyone wants to toss the sprinkles, it's still a great gift and you wouldn't be upset by that since it's not like you put hours into making them. ;-)
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #10
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

They have sprinkles and chocolate sauce at the ice cream station, so unless it's a gourmet chocolate, while it's a really cute idea, those 2 items are already available right next to the ice cream.

I'd look for things that aren't standard, maybe marshmallow cream, or mickey head shaped sprinkles if such a thing exists?
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #11
EGHopeful
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have to agree... It's very nice they took the time. But it would be tossed.
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #12
EGHopeful
Mouseketeer

delete - duplicate

Last edited by EGHopeful; Yesterday at 09:59 PM.
EGHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM   #13
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
That's not bad at all! The only thing you would've touched is then the sprinkles. There would be no fear of unknown ingredients or you cooking something wrong/poorly. I really hate the thought of germs things but I would let my son have them if he wanted because you can sprinkle sprinkles in the bag without touching them and the chance of it being poison is pretty much zero. Someone gave us that last cruise and it was appreciated. No chocolate sauce though. That would be a treat! And if anyone wants to toss the sprinkles, it's still a great gift and you wouldn't be upset by that since it's not like you put hours into making them. ;-)
Oh trust me...sprinkles could definitely be poisoned. Pretty much any food could be poisoned.
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #14
ScubaMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
Oh trust me...sprinkles could definitely be poisoned. Pretty much any food could be poisoned.
I didn't realize there are sprinkles by the ice cream now. I didn't notice any on the Magic earlier this year.

I know that anything could be poisoned but what are the chances that someone took a cruise and joined the FE to give you poisoned sprinkles?? I thought *I* was paranoid! :-) Why not poison the ship's sprinkles by the ice cream and hurt more kids?!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: