Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #121
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
There are a couple of plants here in town that I love when they are cooking. Jelly Belly and the Adelle Sausage plants. Both of which are really near where WBG works. The sausage plant smells amazing and it makes me hungry when we go by. The Jelly Belly plant smells sweet, their warehouse even smells sweet when you drive by. The Anheiser Busch plant has a bread like smell when they are brewing. Sometimes I like it.

I am looking forward to the Impala. I drove an Impala when I was a teenager. My parents had a big boat of an Impala when I started driving. I loved that car!!
I would be in so much trouble if I lived in your town! I get scent induced headaches so whenever there's any type of stench in the air... I'm out of the count.

I had so many problems when I went to college. I stayed at home and drove (it's about a 45 minute drive) and we have Welch's grape factories around. So when I took the backroads home, I'd pass the factory and BAM - headache. I'd either have to attempt to drive, have someone come get me, or go back to the school and wait until it passed.

If I get behind a big truck or something that emits a lot of exhaust, same thing - headache.

Oh well.

Impalas aren't as big as they used to be! I miss the day of big boaty cars. I have a Lumina and it's 200" long, so when I've texted other cars and parallel parked them it was like piece of cake! HAH
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
BeckWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #122
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
I would be in so much trouble if I lived in your town! I get scent induced headaches so whenever there's any type of stench in the air... I'm out of the count.

I had so many problems when I went to college. I stayed at home and drove (it's about a 45 minute drive) and we have Welch's grape factories around. So when I took the backroads home, I'd pass the factory and BAM - headache. I'd either have to attempt to drive, have someone come get me, or go back to the school and wait until it passed.

If I get behind a big truck or something that emits a lot of exhaust, same thing - headache.

Oh well.

Impalas aren't as big as they used to be! I miss the day of big boaty cars. I have a Lumina and it's 200" long, so when I've texted other cars and parallel parked them it was like piece of cake! HAH
Smells used to really affect me terribly before I had my kids. The slightest smell would send me over the edge so there is hope for you yet.

I am kind of glad the Impala isn't as large as it used to be. That means the gas mileage will be better.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #123
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

Quote:
Smells used to really affect me terribly before I had my kids. The slightest smell would send me over the edge so there is hope for you yet.

I am kind of glad the Impala isn't as large as it used to be. That means the gas mileage will be better.
Michele I love your optimism...

Impala gets 18/30 mpg!
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
BeckWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #124
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
Michele I love your optimism...

Impala gets 18/30 mpg!

Thank you, I try really hard to be optimistic.

Not bad mileage at all!! And our gas went down 5 cents overnight.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #125
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
That's the way I am about yours. I love seeing all the food!

I appreciate your posting PICS of all the yummy food!
Quote:
We always planned to rent a vehicle and I was planning a minivan because there are so many of us. Fairy Godmother will be driving her minivan. I got to thinking that Grumpy is going to be riding with Fairy Godmother so that leaves up one less seat we need in our van. Then I got to thinking that Simba might ride with Buzz. So we are now going to rent a car, like an Impala in size. It saves me around $400! Which to me is huge!! More money for souvenirs, or gas the way the gas prices keep going up.
MORE MONEY is ALWAYS a GREAT thing...especially at Disney! Happy that is working out.

Either way it is a win win because the car will get better mileage than a minivan might.
So True!
Quote:
Our minivan isn't bad, it gets pretty good freeway mileage but I don't want to put the miles on it. Our gas went up 16 cents over 4 days a week and a half ago. It hit hard! A gradual change doesn't leave me gasping so badly, but that slam was a biggie!! I paid $4.05 on Thursday afternoon and by Monday morning it was $4.21.
We haven't seen prices like that since the hurricane a few years ago (It was close to $4 and that was a big OUCH, wth all the driving I do), but I am happy to hear things are dropping some. It is slightly around here as well. Our city raised gas taxes i January and it has truly hurt more than it should.
Quote:
There are a couple of plants here in town that I love when they are cooking. Jelly Belly and the Adelle Sausage plants. Both of which are really near where WBG works. The sausage plant smells amazing and it makes me hungry when we go by. The Jelly Belly plant smells sweet, their warehouse even smells sweet when you drive by. The Anheiser Busch plant has a bread like smell when they are brewing. Sometimes I like it.

Jelly Belly POPCORN flavor is my all time favorite! Lisa loves cherry...how cool you get to smell it! My whole family (except me) would the sausage smell!
I am looking forward to the Impala. I drove an Impala when I was a teenager. My parents had a big boat of an Impala when I started driving. I loved that car!!
I remember Big Boat Impalas...how fun for you!

I also wanted to say:

I hope you enjoyed a RELAXING Memorial Day weekend!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #126
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
So True!

We haven't seen prices like that since the hurricane a few years ago (It was close to $4 and that was a big OUCH, wth all the driving I do), but I am happy to hear things are dropping some. It is slightly around here as well. Our city raised gas taxes i January and it has truly hurt more than it should.

I remember Big Boat Impalas...how fun for you!

I also wanted to say:

I hope you enjoyed a RELAXING Memorial Day weekend!

I will keep that food pictures coming!

More money is always good. As you know I have an expensive addiction. Disney is a huge beast to carry on your back!

Isn't that typical? There is a tragedy like a hurricane yet they take advantage of people by raising the prices. Blood suckers!

I love the smell of the sausage plant when they are cooking with garlic. There is something about the smell of garlic that I just love. The buttered popcorn is amazing!! My daughter Kody loves the cherry flavor too. What I love is they sell these bags of what they call "Belly Flops" in their store. They are much cheaper but their is a cosmetic problem with them so they sell them that way. The only downfall is that the flavors are all mixed so some of them are a crapshoot! Nothing like accidentally eating a vomit flavored jelly!

We had a quiet weekend. I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Thank you.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #127
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will keep that food pictures coming!

More money is always good. As you know I have an expensive addiction. Disney is a huge beast to carry on your back!

Isn't that typical? There is a tragedy like a hurricane yet they take advantage of people by raising the prices. Blood suckers!

I love the smell of the sausage plant when they are cooking with garlic. There is something about the smell of garlic that I just love. The buttered popcorn is amazing!! My daughter Kody loves the cherry flavor too. What I love is they sell these bags of what they call "Belly Flops" in their store. They are much cheaper but their is a cosmetic problem with them so they sell them that way. The only downfall is that the flavors are all mixed so some of them are a crapshoot! Nothing like accidentally eating a vomit flavored jelly!

We had a quiet weekend. I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Thank you.
Our gas prices are going down! $3.35 this afternoon was the cheapest we passed.

Oh! I bet the popcorn is amazing! Oh that would be quite a shock to get the vomit flavored one, ewwwwww!!!
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #128
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Our gas prices are going down! $3.35 this afternoon was the cheapest we passed.

Oh! I bet the popcorn is amazing! Oh that would be quite a shock to get the vomit flavored one, ewwwwww!!!

Oh that is great! Ours went up for the holiday weekend. In California there so many environmental laws about how the gas is refined they have to change the plants over every spring and every fall. This is their excuse for charging us well over the rest of the countries prices.

Oh the popcorn is amazing. I need to get a "menu" from there sometime and put it on here. There are so many great flavors to mix together. I love the popcorn with the chocolate flavor together. Oh the pleasures for the taste buds. When you take the tour they have a "sample bar" and they will give you different flavors to sample. I have never done it but WBG and the kids will stand there and just pig out. I need to get some Belly Flops for DH for Fathers Day. That is his ambrosia.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #129
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh that is great! Ours went up for the holiday weekend. In California there so many environmental laws about how the gas is refined they have to change the plants over every spring and every fall. This is their excuse for charging us well over the rest of the countries prices.

Oh the popcorn is amazing. I need to get a "menu" from there sometime and put it on here. There are so many great flavors to mix together. I love the popcorn with the chocolate flavor together. Oh the pleasures for the taste buds. When you take the tour they have a "sample bar" and they will give you different flavors to sample. I have never done it but WBG and the kids will stand there and just pig out. I need to get some Belly Flops for DH for Fathers Day. That is his ambrosia.
I've didn't know that about CA gas.

I got jelly bellies for Easter. They are my favorite. I like the popcorn the best! Oh a "sample bar" would be amazing!! That will be a great Father's Day gift!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #130
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I've didn't know that about CA gas.

I got jelly bellies for Easter. They are my favorite. I like the popcorn the best! Oh a "sample bar" would be amazing!! That will be a great Father's Day gift!

Oh yeah and if you are a resident you cannot register a car that doesn't have the California smog package either. Now service personal can use their cars here and such.

They are a great gift and the tour is fun. There are portraits done in Jelly Bellys by artists on the tour. The only thing is you cannot take photos on the tour.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #131
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I can't wait for my cruise!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #132
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I can't wait for my cruise!!

Oh I'll bet! I would be really excited too! I am really excited for my trip!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #133
kaoden39
Hugs

Hey everybody!

I have a question for you all. My nephew is marrying his longtime fiance in September and they are going to Disneyland for the honeymoon. I was going to get them the classic type of wedding gift like towel or whatever set. Then I got to thinking today that maybe I would like to give them a giftcard and reservations for the Blue Bayou.

From Disneyland's official website.

This is the menu.

For my WDW friends this is a restaurant that is inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean. It is a rather dark and romantic place to eat.

So what do you all think?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #134
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey everybody!

I have a question for you all. My nephew is marrying his longtime fiance in September and they are going to Disneyland for the honeymoon. I was going to get them the classic type of wedding gift like towel or whatever set. Then I got to thinking today that maybe I would like to give them a giftcard and reservations for the Blue Bayou.

From Disneyland's official website.

This is the menu.

For my WDW friends this is a restaurant that is inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean. It is a rather dark and romantic place to eat.

So what do you all think?
I think that's a very nice idea! The only downside is that once they've eaten they don't have anything tangible but the memory of a great romantic meal. We've been married for 20 years and I still have and use many of our wedding presents. I think of the person every time I use one of the gifts, or look at one of the pictures in a frame.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #135
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I think that's a very nice idea! The only downside is that once they've eaten they don't have anything tangible but the memory of a great romantic meal. We've been married for 20 years and I still have and use many of our wedding presents. I think of the person every time I use one of the gifts, or look at one of the pictures in a frame.

That's true. I do think though that knowing my nephew as well as I do they will take 1,000 photos at least and they will have photos at the meal. I am thinking I will ask him.

I did get a suggestion from a friend that is a CM of a new place that is opening in DCA so I am adding it to the choices.

This is the Carthay Circle restaurant. It is actually a thread I found on here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: