Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #61
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
It's very similar to our Whispering Canyon Cafe menu. That sounds like fun and it's served family style, so you don't have to worry about too many hands in the food.

The bag for her b-day sounds like a great idea!!

The menu sounds good but there is one slight problem I didn't think of. Snow White doesn't like barbecue sauce. You know it never fails, what one likes another doesn't.

I went to buy WBG's local honey for his allergies. He swears by it. They had this basket of fudge on the counter. They are helping to collect money for this poor little German Shepherd puppy that had been dragged behind a truck on the freeway. When the rope broke a woman and her son rescued him and took him to a local vet. I got two pieces of fudge. I figure today is WBG's birthday so I am giving him one. I gave the other to Snow White because she was with me. Tomorrow is my fudge day.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #62
kaoden39
Hugs

I need to come up with a new nickname for Kody. I know that she has always loved Princess Dot, so I think I will call her Princess Dot.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #63
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I almost forgot to ask. The last time I checked in on this thread, I noticed that no one had asked about the Pre-TR title. I can't recall which page that was - maybe 2 or 3. I have not gone back to the page I left off at yet to see what was posted after that.

Did anyone ever (finally) ask about the title?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #64
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I almost forgot to ask. The last time I checked in on this thread, I noticed that no one had asked about the Pre-TR title. I can't recall which page that was - maybe 2 or 3. I have not gone back to the page I left off at yet to see what was posted after that.

Yes and no. lovethattink asked if the title referred to the Goofy Duffy. I gave you your credit.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #65
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I never asked, I just assumed there would be an explanation eventually!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #66
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I never asked, I just assumed there would be an explanation eventually!

Silly girl you should have asked.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #67
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Yes, I know I should have, as the title confused me every time I saw it. No idea why I didn't.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #68
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Yes, I know I should have, as the title confused me every time I saw it. No idea why I didn't.

I went for the humor in my title.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #69
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
The menu sounds good but there is one slight problem I didn't think of. Snow White doesn't like barbecue sauce. You know it never fails, what one likes another doesn't.

I went to buy WBG's local honey for his allergies. He swears by it. They had this basket of fudge on the counter. They are helping to collect money for this poor little German Shepherd puppy that had been dragged behind a truck on the freeway. When the rope broke a woman and her son rescued him and took him to a local vet. I got two pieces of fudge. I figure today is WBG's birthday so I am giving him one. I gave the other to Snow White because she was with me. Tomorrow is my fudge day.
Ok, leaves that one out. So now where to eat? Maybe some fried green tomatoes?

My dad did the local orange honey when he stayed with us, he swore by it too. So sad about the puppy. Yay for the fudge. Wow, your b-days are a day apart!!

Quote:
I need to come up with a new nickname for Kody. I know that she has always loved Princess Dot, so I think I will call her Princess Dot.
Princess Dot from Bug's Life? She is such an overlooked character. Love that movie!

Quote:

I asked about part of it. Didn't know how to tactfully ask about a wacky family blowout, lol.

Quote:
Yes and no. lovethattink asked if the title referred to the Goofy Duffy. I gave you your credit.
Thanks for the credit. So do I ask about the other part? Do you have a wacky family? Ok, so dictionary.com defines a blow out as a sudden rupture of air. I'm afraid to ask about that one!! ROFL!!!
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #70
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

The "Wacky Family Blowout" is a mystery to me too. Maybe it's a wacky blowout, or maybe it's a wacky family? I'm already working on my own "Weepy, Wacky, Wonderful" trip report - so there's only so much "wacky" stuff I know about at one time! I have to take the wacky in stages!

Duffoofy was one of 4 names tossed around a while back on Facebook. I suggested Doofy, Guffy, Goofuffy and Duffoofy. Michele liked Duffoofy best. I had hoped someone would eventually ask her about it - if only for the fact that it's not a word one sees in everyday life, and I would hope that her title would intrigue people to tune in!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 05-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #71
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Michele -

I think there may be an even stronger chance for an 11/9 holiday season start date now that I know Halloween Time is beginning on 9/14. I thought it would start on 9/17 or 9/21. I figured that if Halloween Time got a late start, Disneyland may decide to star the holidays later (like on 11/16) too. But...an earlier Halloween Time may mean an earlier Holiday season!

So now I am thinking that the holidays will have officially begun by 11/12 at the latest, which means you will probably get the full experience!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #72
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Ok, leaves that one out. So now where to eat? Maybe some fried green tomatoes?

My dad did the local orange honey when he stayed with us, he swore by it too. So sad about the puppy. Yay for the fudge. Wow, your b-days are a day apart!!

Princess Dot from Bug's Life? She is such an overlooked character. Love that movie!

I asked about part of it. Didn't know how to tactfully ask about a wacky family blowout, lol.

Thanks for the credit. So do I ask about the other part? Do you have a wacky family? Ok, so dictionary.com defines a blow out as a sudden rupture of air. I'm afraid to ask about that one!! ROFL!!!

I know. Snow White and I are going to go over menus together to come up with something everyone might like.

We are a lot alike too.

I love the movie too and my Princess Dot loves the original and the movie. It's a good fit.

Well, I think that we are rather a wacky group. We will be a group with two 75 year old women, myself 50, WBG 44(yes, I am a cougar ), a 19 year old Snow White, a 18 year old Princess Dot, 2 16 year old boys, and a 6 year old girl. The blow out could work for the two 16 year old boys!! It is always a laugh a minute when we are together!

Quote:
The "Wacky Family Blowout" is a mystery to me too. Maybe it's a wacky blowout, or maybe it's a wacky family? I'm already working on my own "Weepy, Wacky, Wonderful" trip report - so there's only so much "wacky" stuff I know about at one time! I have to take the wacky in stages!

Duffoofy was one of 4 names tossed around a while back on Facebook. I suggested Doofy, Guffy, Goofuffy and Duffoofy. Michele liked Duffoofy best. I had hoped someone would eventually ask her about it - if only for the fact that it's not a word one sees in everyday life, and I would hope that her title would intrigue people to tune in!

We are a very wacky group and I hope it is a wacky blow out!!

Quote:
Michele -

I think there may be an even stronger chance for an 11/9 holiday season start date now that I know Halloween Time is beginning on 9/14. I thought it would start on 9/17 or 9/21. I figured that if Halloween Time got a late start, Disneyland may decide to star the holidays later (like on 11/16) too. But...an earlier Halloween Time may mean an earlier Holiday season!

So now I am thinking that the holidays will have officially begun by 11/12 at the latest, which means you will probably get the full experience!

Oh I hope so Sherry!! That will make the trip all the more exciting!!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #73
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Poking my head in to say hello. I can't wait till my youngest is big and brave enough to go on some of the more thrilling rides. I have to make a deal to get him on Pirates and Star Tours, that's about as thrilling as he gets. I'm hearing it's a common phase for little boys, and by this time next year he'll be a bit more daring.

Have you worked your list down any? Anything new your wanting to try?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #74
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
Poking my head in to say hello. I can't wait till my youngest is big and brave enough to go on some of the more thrilling rides. I have to make a deal to get him on Pirates and Star Tours, that's about as thrilling as he gets. I'm hearing it's a common phase for little boys, and by this time next year he'll be a bit more daring.

Have you worked your list down any? Anything new your wanting to try?

Boys are so different than girls. My son will try anything that I do. The girls had to be coaxed to try things.

I don' think I will ever work my list down. I look forward to doing what we did the last trip we went on which was going where the wind took us. It made for a very fun trip. The main things I want to try are Tower of Terror and Cars Land! Also I have never ridden on Splash Mountain so I really think I will ride it is November. Who knows what the plans will be like come November?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: