Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #46
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Almost three months until I leave!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #47
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post

That's exciting Kaitlin!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #48
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I am still here....
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #49
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is this for the trip that takes you to Hershey too? Or did you already go on that trip? My son heads to Hershey next month, but just for a long weekend.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #50
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Is this for the trip that takes you to Hershey too? Or did you already go on that trip? My son heads to Hershey next month, but just for a long weekend.
I love Hershey....Yummy....

I like the town too... (I think I am funny)....
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #51
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

It's so funny, my ex used to live down the road from Hersey (well like a half hour) and I never went. I was scared of the chocolate smell.
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
BeckWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #52
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I am still here....

So am I! I just have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off running stupid errands.

Quote:
I think that it is.

Quote:

I would love to go just once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
It's so funny, my ex used to live down the road from Hersey (well like a half hour) and I never went. I was scared of the chocolate smell.
I live near a town that had an onion processing plant and the whole town smelled of onion. In small doses it wasn't bad, in large doses it drove me nuts. I wonder if the chocolate smell would.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #53
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Quote:

I haven't gone it yet. Yes, this is the trip that my family is including Hershey.

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
Old 04-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #54
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wish I could eat chocolate. Love the smell driving through! I have a relative that works at the Hershey plant, the plant is closing thankfully he is being transferred across town. Will miss that chocolate smell! Wonder if they will pump it in artificially?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
Can only smell it close to the plant. Otherwise it's just fresh country air. I'm more "scared" of some of the smells from Zoo America, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

I would love to go just once.

I live near a town that had an onion processing plant and the whole town smelled of onion. In small doses it wasn't bad, in large doses it drove me nuts. I wonder if the chocolate smell would.
It's a very pretty, small town with a great history.

I think the chocolate smell is one you can get use to and not smell after a while.

I live around orange groves and the aroma of the flowers is amazingly sweet. The plants around here burn the orange peels and that was a strange smell to get use to. Our orange tree is getting flowers on it.

Quote:
I haven't gone it yet. Yes, this is the trip that my family is including Hershey.
Fun! This is our first year since 2000, not going up north for vacation. Only Grumpy is going up. He has already requested my parents take him to Shady Maple for lunch http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbo...-menu-pricing/, Raub's Twin Kiss, and the Cat's Meow in Manheim. The PA Dutch Food is sooooo good!!

Be sure to try Opera Fudge if you see it. It's soley a PA Dutch treat, Van Winkle makes the best opera fudge!! It's a dark chocolate coated, butter cream like none you have had before.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #55
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I thought so.

Quote:
Wish I could eat chocolate. Love the smell driving through! I have a relative that works at the Hershey plant, the plant is closing thankfully he is being transferred across town. Will miss that chocolate smell! Wonder if they will pump it in artificially?

Can only smell it close to the plant. Otherwise it's just fresh country air. I'm more "scared" of some of the smells from Zoo America, lol.

It's a very pretty, small town with a great history.

I think the chocolate smell is one you can get use to and not smell after a while.

I live around orange groves and the aroma of the flowers is amazingly sweet. The plants around here burn the orange peels and that was a strange smell to get use to. Our orange tree is getting flowers on it.

Fun! This is our first year since 2000, not going up north for vacation. Only Grumpy is going up. He has already requested my parents take him to Shady Maple for lunch http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbo...-menu-pricing/, Raub's Twin Kiss, and the Cat's Meow in Manheim. The PA Dutch Food is sooooo good!!

Be sure to try Opera Fudge if you see it. It's soley a PA Dutch treat, Van Winkle makes the best opera fudge!! It's a dark chocolate coated, butter cream like none you have had before.
That's so sad about the plant closing. I know how that can hurt an area.

I am sure you get used to it. When ever we drove through Vacaville it reminded me of cheeseburgers. That was there and the Chef Boyardee plant. Thankfully the area recovered losing plants can be really rough.

I want fudge now. Maybe for my birthday I will go out top the Jelly Belly plant and have a piece of their fudge. That or go to Ulta and get my eyebrows done. I think fudge may win.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #56
kaoden39
Hugs

Well, we are down to about six and a half months. I wish it was this week, I could really use a break from the real world.

I have a lot of plans to make. I think that we need to have a character meal or to eat at the Big Thunder Barbecue. I am leaning towards the bbq because I am not fond of buffet meals like the character meals. I don't like that fact that so many people could have touched my food. Strange person I am.

I was shopping with Kody on Friday and she found a backpack that she wanted for our trip to carry in the park. The girls always carry water and stuff in their backpacks. I might have bought it but it was rather small. It was a stuffed giraffe. Silly girl.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #57
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I want fudge now. Maybe for my birthday I will go out top the Jelly Belly plant and have a piece of their fudge. That or go to Ulta and get my eyebrows done. I think fudge may win.
Hmmmm, pain or chocolate? What a choice, lol. Which won out?

Yum, a Jelly Belly plant!

Quote:
Well, we are down to about six and a half months. I wish it was this week, I could really use a break from the real world.

I have a lot of plans to make. I think that we need to have a character meal or to eat at the Big Thunder Barbecue. I am leaning towards the bbq because I am not fond of buffet meals like the character meals. I don't like that fact that so many people could have touched my food. Strange person I am.

I was shopping with Kody on Friday and she found a backpack that she wanted for our trip to carry in the park. The girls always carry water and stuff in their backpacks. I might have bought it but it was rather small. It was a stuffed giraffe. Silly girl.
Hope you get a break, even if it's only for a short time.

What is Big Thunder Barbecue? Character meals are always fun. It's been years since we've done one. I don't know about the prices at DLR, but they have increased so much at WDW.

I bet the back pack was cute!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #58
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Kordy is so funny. I love the plans so far!!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #59
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Hmmmm, pain or chocolate? What a choice, lol. Which won out?

Yum, a Jelly Belly plant!

Hope you get a break, even if it's only for a short time.

What is Big Thunder Barbecue? Character meals are always fun. It's been years since we've done one. I don't know about the prices at DLR, but they have increased so much at WDW.

I bet the back pack was cute!

Well, nothing has won yet. The birthday is tomorrow so I still have time to decide. I am sure my waist line would prefer the eyebrows. When I said something to WBG about them you would have thought I had lost my mind.

Thank you, my break will come in May when the oldest goes on break from her courses at the college. The other two its nothing.

This is Disney's official page on it.

This is the menu from All Ears.

The backpack was adorable. I have been really tempted to go and get it for her and put it away for her birthday.

Quote:
Kordy is so funny. I love the plans so far!!
Kody is indeed very funny. Is that One Direction in your signature Kaitlyn?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #60
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

It's very similar to our Whispering Canyon Cafe menu. That sounds like fun and it's served family style, so you don't have to worry about too many hands in the food.

The bag for her b-day sounds like a great idea!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: