Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
Akwafunk
Mouseketeer

I've just (after reading a lot of reviews) bought the Panasonic Lumix off AMazon for $137. It got several great reviews and (because my husband is a professional photog and it maters) has a Leica lens.

For the longest time, I have used my Xacti to shoot under water video, and it's really quite exceptional. I have the first generation version, and it's still kicking, just not so great on stills.
Akwafunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwafunk View Post
I've just (after reading a lot of reviews) bought the Panasonic Lumix off AMazon for $137. It got several great reviews and (because my husband is a professional photog and it maters) has a Leica lens.

For the longest time, I have used my Xacti to shoot under water video, and it's really quite exceptional. I have the first generation version, and it's still kicking, just not so great on stills.
Is that the TS20? Good to know your professional hubby gives it his okay!

I'm 95% sure that's the one I'm going with - just trying to find the best deal

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood

Last edited by Jenny3; 08-16-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
Akwafunk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny3 View Post
Can I ask what model you have? I'm considering the TS20 and would love to get your input!
Yes! We get it tomorrow so I'll try and test it a bit and let you know. although the plain truth is that the spouse can make most anything produce a great image. It's a nice problem to have.
Akwafunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #19
2 Goofy
Earning My Ears

I bought the TS20 off Amazon for our trip as well. Was able to take some pictures in and around our pool yesterday, I'm pretty impressed. It takes a really good land picture and a pretty good underwater picture. I say pretty good only because I'm so use to dry pictures that it's harder to take your time underwater to frame your shot the way you're used to, unless of course you have SCUBA gear. I'm sure with some practice it will get better. One thing to keep in mind is how lighting changes when it goes thru water and colors may not be captured the same as what you see. So far it's a great little camera for our trip. One thing I really like it the video button on top by the picture button, real easy to shoot a video and the video quality is really good, above and below water. I just did not want to be carrying our digital SLR around Disney, Universal and Seaworld/Discovery Cove. I bought the recomended 16g card and an extra battery that was recommended as well. I didn't see a need to pay a little extra for a different color so we got the orange one, not as ugly in person as it was online.
2 Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
bazzanoid
where'sthespacebar?

Or cheat and get one of these.... http://store.aquapac.net/
bazzanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
thatgirl23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
We bought one when we were in Florida a few weeks ago for the same reason to go to Discovery Cove. We bought the Kodak Play Sport. Underwater up to 10 ft and it is awesome for any kind of picture. It also has the Share application on it!
I will try to copy and paste a picture of it for you or the link. We got it at Target for $139.00 and we went back to pick one up for our friends and they told us at two different targets that it was a great camera.
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.169976100
Did you have any problems with it after using it at Discovery Cove? I have a Playsport, bought specifically for use at Discovery Cove 2 years ago, and it stopped working halfway through the day. I thought it was because of the salt water. ?? But if you had no problems, then maybe I just got a bad one. It was sealed properly so I don't know what the problem was with mine.
10/01: offsite -- 6/02: offsite -- 1/04: ASMusic -- 4/04: ASMusic -- 5/05: offsite -- 7/05: ASMovies -- 12/07: ASMovies -- 12/08: ASMusic -- 5/09: ASMusic -- 10/09: ASMusic -- 3/10: ASMusic -- 8/10: ASMusic -- 3/11: ASMusic -- 7/11: offsite -- 10/11: ASMusic -- 10/12: ASSports -- 7/13: ASMusic -- 12/13: ASMusic -- 7/14: ASMusic -- 10/15: ASMusic

Discovery Cove Trainer for a Day review - July 21, 2014

thatgirl23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #22
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

I ended up getting the Panasonic Lumix TS4 - they are having a great 2 day sale on Newegg today - free silicone case, 4G memory card, camera case and one year extended warranty, $239.99 and free shipping.

It was more than I wanted to spend initially, but I think I will be very happy with this camera! I'm sincerely hoping it is worth the $100 more than the TS20 since I will be using it as my primary camera for this trip as well as other random family vacations and adventures.

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: