Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
drakester
Mouseketeer

About 6 years ago our family was in WDW during Gay Days and I have to say I saw nothing and I mean nothing inappropriate. We are a straight couple w/two young girls and we were very comfortable the whole time. Gees give us a break and get over it!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #32
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoMama View Post
Honey, if you're a woman you should be used to this. If we complain about the treatment we receive from others we're being "hysterical", if we demand that our rights be respected we're being "militant". It ain't right, so we need to change it, but it's an uphill battle.

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #33
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixielizzie View Post
This bothers me. Its like whenever we want equal rights, we are being extreme!
I think by "militant" the PP meant those who dress, or act, inappropriately to be in a family environment like DW, and you know what I mean, don't play innocent.

I don't think the PP meant those of us who lead normal, healthly lives, and yes press for equal rights, but don't intentionally push a specific type of behavior. My partner and I will hold hands, quick kiss, a hug, but we leave the "french" in the bedroom. Most do, most straights do too.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
MikeyTex
Never Too Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2905881

Ridiculous.

Yet they fail to mention any straight couples who may have done the same...
I am a flaming hetero (NOT to worry!! One of my two best friends is a lesbian and my dear uncle is gay!!.....and I have gay friends.......now on with post!!) and find this to be intriguing!! I've already had this bathroom thing thought in my head!! All I can say, is you never know when the mood strikes you............have fun!!
2009 Caribbean Beach
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Last edited by MikeyTex; 07-23-2012 at 04:10 PM.
MikeyTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #35
ben1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousejunkie98
That thread is so absurd. Why must idiots give us Disneyphiles a bad name? When we were on our honeymoon (pre-PhotoPass photographers) the only people kind enough to stop and take our picture was a lovely gay couple. When we took their picture in return, this ignorant word-that-starts-with-B-and-rhymes-with-witch actually had the nerve to chew me out for "encouraging their lewd behavior." Apparently two men posing in front of the castle was a shocking, horrifying thing for her future bigot children to see
That's so pathetic it's sad.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #36
whitemischief
Earning My Ears

I can't even believe that other users have created a thread saying such stupid things!
whitemischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #37
carouselgirl
Earning My Ears

The only inappropriate thing I have ever seen from any of the gay couples that we came across on any of our Disney vacations was from the 18-23 age range. Which is usually the same age range that straight couples are most inappropriate. It comes with the age, not the sexual orientation. I usually do not post alot, I am a big lurker, but I am sick and tired of the world blaming the homosexuals for all of its problems. You are being ridiculous if you are afraid to go to WDW on gay days...get over it
Next trip : I HOPE!!!! September 2012
carouselgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: