DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #31
amyrquirk
Earning My Ears

2 BR/Bunk beds?

This is a very helpful thread!

I have searched for information on rooms with bunk beds. Do any of the DVC Villas have them? We have a 2br reserved for February.

Also, is the 2BR Villa #6500 available for a general 2br reservation or is that a Presidential Suite?

Thanks!
amyrquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #32
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrquirk View Post

I have searched for information on rooms with bunk beds. Do any of the DVC Villas have them? We have a 2br reserved for February.

Also, is the 2BR Villa #6500 available for a general 2br reservation or is that a Presidential Suite?

Thanks!
None of the DVC rooms have bunkbeds in them. You can not guarantee what Villa you will receive room 6500 is one of 23 2 bedroom units, you have a one in 23 chance of getting that Villa.
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #33
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrquirk View Post

Thanks!
You need to check out the last page of this thread
The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0
to see how your room view requests can be made. It is by no means an absolute guarantee BUT definitely worth a shot! I will be trying this with my next 3 short trips for next year! Already stated in the request - higher park view floors but NOW I have added actual room numbers to the request. We usually check in the hour before early entry but this time I also CHECK the room # BEFORE I sign & if it is not what I want I have them attempt to change before I will AGREE to sign.
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #34
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

View from room 3516:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2...D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2...D550/ry%3D400/
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #35
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I've added a link to this on the main list.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #36
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread and saw all the wonderful room views for VGC. We will be heading to DLR for the first time in June and are staying at VGC in hopefully a 1-bedroom, but if we can't get that, then we will try for a studio. There will be 4 of us (me, DH, DD12, and DD9 at time of trip) and we are uber excited about our stay. I want to thank bigAWL for making and maintaining this thread because I am getting a lot of info out of it and I love looking at all of the room views. Of course, I would love to have a view with PP, but we will take whatever we get .

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #37
sweethannah
Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!

Amazing thread ty

May 14 - May 21 2014
Staying at the Howard Johnson
sweethannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #38
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Wow, I just stumbled upon this thread and saw all the wonderful room views for VGC. We will be heading to DLR for the first time in June and are staying at VGC in hopefully a 1-bedroom, but if we can't get that, then we will try for a studio. There will be 4 of us (me, DH, DD12, and DD9 at time of trip) and we are uber excited about our stay. I want to thank bigAWL for making and maintaining this thread because I am getting a lot of info out of it and I love looking at all of the room views. Of course, I would love to have a view with PP, but we will take whatever we get .
Do you already have your reservation? If not, you need to start looking for an existing reservation for rent. As of this moment(could change over time), there is only 1 night in a 1 bedroom available the entire month of June. There is no studio availability the entire month.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #39
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Hi bigAWL, great thread. Here are two pictures of the view from Room 3504.

ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #40
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

We stayed in #6502 in November of 2012.... I know you have pics from this room already but these are without all the construction, so I thought they would be helpful for those folks looking for a more current view:

2013-Christmas at Aulani!!2012-November-Grand Cali!! 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #41
Chereya
DIS Veteran

Thank you Pam and Cory for coming back here to post your pics! They look wonderful!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #42
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Hi bigAWL, great thread. Here are two pictures of the view from Room 3504.
Thanks! That's one we didn't have before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderpamela View Post
We stayed in #6502 in November of 2012.... I know you have pics from this room already but these are without all the construction, so I thought they would be helpful for those folks looking for a more current view.
The more the merrier. Thanks for the update!

I've added both of these to the front page links.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #43
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseflyfisher View Post
Do you already have your reservation? If not, you need to start looking for an existing reservation for rent. As of this moment(could change over time), there is only 1 night in a 1 bedroom available the entire month of June. There is no studio availability the entire month.
Sorry, I haven't been on the DVC boards in a while so I didn't notice you responded to me until today. Yes we have our villa booked for our stay in June . We decided to book a Studio rather than a 1-bedroom so we could save points....we wanted to stay a bit longer so we can see the rest of SoCal. Thank you so much for checking the availability for me, it was very sweet of you to do that. It is crazy how fast those villas book up, we had already put our dates in for 6/6-6/14 but decided we wanted to add one more day. I tried looking at availability for any room category but had no luck with it. I ended up booking a 1 night stay at DLH before we head over to VGC. We are not upset about it by any means because this is our first ever trip (possibly last for a very long time) to DLR and staying at another hotel (even if it is for 1 night) will add to our magical vacation .

Just to tell you how fast the Studios booked up....the day I booked it there was availability all over the place. Then that afternoon I went back in there to check on something and found that most of my dates that I had just booked were already booked up . Thank goodness I got up extremely early that morning and used online booking to get my dates.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #44
Joey7295
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any pics of 2520 or has anyone stayed in that room and can comment on the view?
Joey7295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #45
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey7295 View Post
Does anyone have any pics of 2520 or has anyone stayed in that room and can comment on the view?
Hopefully, someone can post photos - but I haven't found that person yet. You could take a look at the view from room 3522, though. It should be similar, just from one floor lower, so with more tree cover. For WoC, expect to see only the tall veritical jets above the trees.
1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: