Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #31
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
http://reesenews.org/2012/02/26/toug...onality/35075/

Alyssa's Story - Tough Little Girl With a Big Personality
Touching article and I loved the pics.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

1st ADR Booked

This morning the alarm went off at 5:45 and soon after I heard a screaming little girl down the hall. I went to check on her and she had soaked the crib. So I cleaned her up and got the sheets and a million stuffed animals in the wash and put her in the bed with DH. I headed upstairs to the computer and logged on at 6:05 to make my 1st reservation for our trip.

We will arrive at GKTW on a Saturday and just take it easy at the village. On Sunday, my plans are to head over to IOA/Universal for the day. So our 1st Disney day will be Monday! I booked lunch at DTD for 11:30 at T-Rex!!! Exactly the time I was hoping for! Took less than a minute from start to finish. Then I headed back downstairs to fold the clothes in the dryer and take a shower. At 7:00 I called Disney reservations to book BBB at DTD for Monday morning also. I wanted my reservation for 10:00 and guess what, I got it!!! This took a little longer because the lady on the phone couldn't hear what I was saying because someone was screaming and crying. DD was upset that she could not talk on the phone too, but I was finally able to give the nice lady all of my info in between screams!

After BBB at DTD, shopping, and lunch at T-Rex, we have a date with the mouse at MVMCP in Magic Kindom that night. DD will get to be Princess Alyssa for the entire afternoon! She told me this morning she wanted to go be a princess right NOW! I am very excited the first day of ADRs went smoothly...well, as smoothly as they can with a clingy 2 yr old by your side every minute.

Tomorrow I will be up bright and early to get ressies for Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House! Tune in tomorrow to find out how I did.

Last edited by alyssaswish; 05-16-2012 at 10:09 AM.
alyssaswish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #33
rcroke
Mouseketeer

I'm subscribing to your thread! You have two very beautiful children! I'm thrilled that Alyssa is getting her Disney trip!

My family will be there the same time, 10th-17th. I'm also party planning and Disney planning obsessed!

Can't wait to read more!
rcroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #34
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroke View Post
I'm subscribing to your thread! You have two very beautiful children! I'm thrilled that Alyssa is getting her Disney trip!

My family will be there the same time, 10th-17th. I'm also party planning and Disney planning obsessed!

Can't wait to read more!
Have you started a PTR? I'd love to see what you have planned for the week also! It's so cool to find others who will be there at the same time!!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #35
rcroke
Mouseketeer

I haven't, but I think I will!!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #36
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Well, it looks like my good luck may have run out. Yesterday I decided to be lazy and try to book Donald's Safari breakfast online on my phone while lying in bed. I tried for 15-20 minutes and it kept telling me to call the Disney Dining Reservation line. I just didn't think that was right so I rolled out of bed and headed upstairs to the computer to log on. I was able to book a reservation at 10:30am. We will be up late (hopefully) the night before at MVMCP so I didn't want anything too early in case we needed to sleep in a bit. So lesson #1 learned...cannot book dining reservation online on my phone.

Today was the BIG day! I HAD to make reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table! I think it will be so cool to have pics of my princess in front of the Castle without tons of people in the background. I was online and waiting at 5:55 this morning and was able to get an 8:20am reservation. So I decided to move onto Ohana for dinner. I entered 5:00pm and the dreaded message appeared. There are no tables available for the time you have specified. Oh no! I tried several days and times and ended up getting 7:55pm on the day we are scheduled to be in Animal Kingdom. I had thought we may park hop over to MK or Epcot that afternoon, but I just don't know if my kids will make it that late. Ohana was the restaurant I was most excited about eating at! I guess I will keep checking to see if someone cancels and maybe we can get an earlier time.

After I got to work, I decided to call and book Pirates League for my son! I was told the system was down and I needed to call back later. She didn't know when it would be back up so maybe I'll try later this afternoon. Only 2 more ADRs to book - Sci-fi and Chef Mickey's!

Last edited by alyssaswish; 05-18-2012 at 10:14 AM.
alyssaswish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #37
rcroke
Mouseketeer

Congrats on getting CRT! Keep trying for Ohana!!

I started a PTR (It's in my siggy!)
Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #38
nannye
DIS Veteran

I would try calling for ohana, maybe the system being down was part of that?
you're at your 180 days right? I wouldn't think it would fill so soon.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #39
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

I got my time changed for Ohana to 6:45! Yay!!! I also booked Chef Mickey's for 9:10 on our departure day and Sci-fi for lunch on our DHS day. All ADRs are done now and thank goodness I can relax!

On a side note, Alyssa is not doing well at daycare. She cries all day while she is there, so we are thinking about taking her out and letting her stay with her grandma. We tried it for a month and she just isn't adjusting at all. She actually seems to be getting worse instead of better. Maybe in a year when she is a little older she will adjust better and we will try again. I just can't stand to see her so upset after all she has been through.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #40
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about daycare woes. We put Ethan in a Kids Day Out program (2x week, from 9-2) this year and he started off pretty rocky. In fact, they had me do a modified schedule where I dropped him off at 9:30 and picked him up after lunch (12:30). Of course, they didn't give me a discount on tuition but said they have to do that for many of the kids each year. It took some time for him to adapt to being away from me- like from September to November! I'm happy to say that the day DID come where he barely paid any attention to me when I would tell him goodbye. It went from "Have good day, Mommy" (thru his tears) to barely a half-wave!

Whatever the outcome, I hope that Miss Alyssa adapts and you guys can rest easy!

On the planning front, I haven't done a doggone thing. We had out of town guests last week (E's "heart brother" Owen- they share the same type of main heart defect and are about 4 mos apart) and my time was consumed pre-visit with cleaning and during the visit, I barely got on the computer at all.

My biggest obstacle is deciding which part to hit on which day. I am NOT a planner, but I'm a big "What-iffer?" This is not conducive to an effective and fun Disney trip!! DH is the planner and it bugs him when I don't have an itinerary for our trips. I should let him plan, right???
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #41
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
So sorry to hear about daycare woes. We put Ethan in a Kids Day Out program (2x week, from 9-2) this year and he started off pretty rocky. In fact, they had me do a modified schedule where I dropped him off at 9:30 and picked him up after lunch (12:30). Of course, they didn't give me a discount on tuition but said they have to do that for many of the kids each year. It took some time for him to adapt to being away from me- like from September to November! I'm happy to say that the day DID come where he barely paid any attention to me when I would tell him goodbye. It went from "Have good day, Mommy" (thru his tears) to barely a half-wave!

Whatever the outcome, I hope that Miss Alyssa adapts and you guys can rest easy!

On the planning front, I haven't done a doggone thing. We had out of town guests last week (E's "heart brother" Owen- they share the same type of main heart defect and are about 4 mos apart) and my time was consumed pre-visit with cleaning and during the visit, I barely got on the computer at all.

My biggest obstacle is deciding which part to hit on which day. I am NOT a planner, but I'm a big "What-iffer?" This is not conducive to an effective and fun Disney trip!! DH is the planner and it bugs him when I don't have an itinerary for our trips. I should let him plan, right???
Thank you! Alyssa starts dance in the fall and she will be around a smaller group of kids. I think daycare was just too overwhelming for her with all the little kids (16 of them) in the 2 yr old room. We're going to give her a few months off and maybe try again in the 3 yr old room. The 3's are more structured and less chaotic so she will probably do much better!

I planned my days using Touring Plans Crowd Calendar and the GKTW village entertainment schedule. I'm just glad to be done with booking the dining reservations. If you think your husband can do it, let him!!! My husband wouldn't even know where to start. He wants to plan a weekend getaway for us and I'm nervous about it. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #42
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
Thank you! Alyssa starts dance in the fall and she will be around a smaller group of kids. I think daycare was just too overwhelming for her with all the little kids (16 of them) in the 2 yr old room. We're going to give her a few months off and maybe try again in the 3 yr old room. The 3's are more structured and less chaotic so she will probably do much better!

I planned my days using Touring Plans Crowd Calendar and the GKTW village entertainment schedule. I'm just glad to be done with booking the dining reservations. If you think your husband can do it, let him!!! My husband wouldn't even know where to start. He wants to plan a weekend getaway for us and I'm nervous about it. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!
That sounds like a great plan! E was easily overwhelmed by kids his age (he prefers to chase around older kiddos!). Oh, and if someone else is crying? Fahgeddaboudit!

That sounds good. I should just copy your itinerary! Hahaha!

Well, I'm bummed that the Pirates and Princesses party is Fri night as that is our departure day. Why in the world wouldn't they let GKTW families stay an entire week? Oh well. It's not like E even knows that exists, anyway. I gotta remind myself that he has no idea what's ahead so I will stop having these expectations and then disappointments when something doesn't work out.

As far as ADRs, I need to find out when my in-laws will be joining us so that we can make sure we get enough seats reserved. For the restaurants, do any of you know if they charge 3 yr olds to eat? I mean, E eats like a bird (unless it's ice cream), so he can pretty much pick off my plate and be good.

I'm going to check out that crowd predictor again. I looked a couple of weeks ago when they posted November, but I need to look again and refresh my memory- especially since I know we are leaving on Friday . I wish I could know what the flight times are, but I won't find that out til closer to the trip dates.

All that said, I'm SO excited to get this party started! I haven't gone as far as to print out Disney countdown calendars, but I think we'll be doing something similar soon. I read somewhere on here that a family did a Disney Dinner and a Movie night each week (or was it 2x month?) to help stave off some of the frenzied "I WANT TO GO NOW!" fever! Great idea!

Well, I better go and get E some juice and chawkit milk. LOL.
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #43
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting all your ADRs made
We love Ohanas and will be eating there 3 times this trip. 2 dinners and 1 breakfast. I scheduled our dinners later so we may catch the fireworks while there and if we get done too early we can always head down to the beach to watch. We love the food there.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #44
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

joining in

You have such beautiful children

We are going in Sept and I am a bit of an obsessive planner too...glad to see i am not alone

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

TinkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #45
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone! So glad you are all joining in! We just got back from a weekend trip to the beach and the kids LOVED the pool! Now I'm wondering if they are gonna want to swim more than go to the parks. I guess we will just see when we get there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: