Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #16
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyssfull View Post
Joining along... Looking forward to seeing all that you plan and do. We did BBB and CRT back to back and it was kind of a lot.. I don't know that I would make that same decision again. They both were magical experiences and I think CRT was more fun for me than my daughter or my mom. (I get a little start struck when I see Belle).
I think we may skip BBB and just do CRT. Alyssa is just getting some hair so she won't have enough to get her hair done by the time we go anyway. My son wants to do Pirates League so we may let them both do the pirates. I agree with the time issue. I don't want to eat up our whole day at MK. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

I am so excited I just want to scream, but I am at work and can't! I just got a call from Elizabeth, our wish granter, and we are confirmed at GKTW for November 10 - 16th.

We have decided to extend our trip by 2 days and I'm thinking about staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in a pirate room.

Only a couple of weeks before we book ADRs! I'm a little nervous about this process. Anyone have any tips?
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

http://www.ericpait.com/stories/praying-for-alyssa/

A UNC photo journalism student did one of his school projects on Alyssa and our family. Check it out!!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #19
smile5sunshine
Think of the happiest thing, it's the same as having wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
I am so excited I just want to scream, but I am at work and can't! I just got a call from Elizabeth, our wish granter, and we are confirmed at GKTW for November 10 - 16th.

We have decided to extend our trip by 2 days and I'm thinking about staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in a pirate room.

Only a couple of weeks before we book ADRs! I'm a little nervous about this process. Anyone have any tips?
YAHOO for DATES!!!!

So excited that Alyssa's trip is becoming a reality!

And thank you so much for sharing the photo-journal project with us. The photographer captured some fantastic moments.

Sorry, but I am no help on making ADR's (as I only made one for our whole trip!), so I will leave that to someone more knowledgeable to fill you in on.

Sunshine
smile5sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Alyssa started back to daycare today! She was so excited to see her friends but did not want mommy to leave. She cried a little when I walked out but was over it 30 seconds later when I peeped in the window. Her teacher sent me a picture later and she was sitting at the "girls" table eating breakfast again! I'm just praying she doesn't get sick. A sign on the door read "This room has been exposed to the strep virus and pink eye." Not good.

Here is Alyssa with her big brother Chase on her 1st day back.

Last edited by alyssaswish; 05-03-2012 at 10:59 AM.
alyssaswish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #21
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Adorable!!

Your kids are adorable and I can't wait to get to "know" you through your PTR!

I'm already jealous of your planning skills!!! Don't be surprised if I nag you for help since we will be going during the same week!

I will be praying for sweet Alyssa, that she stays healthy and is so strong that she runs circles around my Ethan while they play at GKTW! He'll be close to 4 when we go, but he's a little guy yet makes up for it with his speed!

Thanks for replying to my post. It's nice to "meet" you! I hope to get a PTR going someday soon. I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed! Alyssa did so much better than E did during her interview with the Wish Granters! Even repeating "PINK" for every answer was better- E wouldn't even speak for quite some time! It's kind of hard to know what to plan for him to do- though I keep telling myself that anything I pick will be magical for him (or, could back-fire depending on his mood!). He gets REALLY shy, so we have been talking up the size of all the "friends" he wants to see while on our trip. GKTW looks pretty awesome, in itself, so I can actually seeing him throwing a fit when we tell him we need to leave to go to WDW! Haha...especially with the carousel, train, and ICE CREAM!

Take care and happy planning!

Amy
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #22
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Your kids are adorable and I can't wait to get to "know" you through your PTR!

I'm already jealous of your planning skills!!! Don't be surprised if I nag you for help since we will be going during the same week!

I will be praying for sweet Alyssa, that she stays healthy and is so strong that she runs circles around my Ethan while they play at GKTW! He'll be close to 4 when we go, but he's a little guy yet makes up for it with his speed!

Thanks for replying to my post. It's nice to "meet" you! I hope to get a PTR going someday soon. I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed! Alyssa did so much better than E did during her interview with the Wish Granters! Even repeating "PINK" for every answer was better- E wouldn't even speak for quite some time! It's kind of hard to know what to plan for him to do- though I keep telling myself that anything I pick will be magical for him (or, could back-fire depending on his mood!). He gets REALLY shy, so we have been talking up the size of all the "friends" he wants to see while on our trip. GKTW looks pretty awesome, in itself, so I can actually seeing him throwing a fit when we tell him we need to leave to go to WDW! Haha...especially with the carousel, train, and ICE CREAM!

Take care and happy planning!

Amy
Thank you! I love to plan parties and trips! It's one of my obsessions. I hope to get my plans nailed down this week. I've already changed them 3 times over the weekend. We can start making ADRs on 5/14 so I have to get my days straight where we are going. Hope to have them posted by the end of the week.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
Delaney21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
Thank you! I love to plan parties and trips! It's one of my obsessions. I hope to get my plans nailed down this week. I've already changed them 3 times over the weekend. We can start making ADRs on 5/14 so I have to get my days straight where we are going. Hope to have them posted by the end of the week.

The ADRs were the hardest thing for me!! Make sure you check out the GKTW schedule before making your ADRs so you can be sure to be back for the parties you want to attend. We decided to only have breakfast and lunch ADRs so we wouldn't be stuck in the park all day and so we could get back to GKTW. One thing - DON'T STRESS your schedule! I did and it so wasn't worth it! I finally just stopped with the planning and we'll see what happens...which is totally not my style!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #24
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Itinerary

Wow! My very detailed itinerary. Might want to grab some popcorn before you start reading! I made my plans according to Touring Plans Crowd Calendar and GKTW event schedule. We are only doing Mayor Clayton's Bday Party, Christmas, and Pirates and Princesses Party in the evenings at GKTW. I tried to plan naps for DD and swimming for DS most days, but on WDW days I hope DD will nap in the stroller. Hopefully we will keep meltdowns to a minimum.

Saturday
Arrive at GKTW
Alyssa’s Star & Magic Pillows
Move into Villa
Swim/Nap/Orientation
Head to Walmart
Dinner at GKTW
Mayor Clayton’s Birthday Party (7:30pm - 8:30pm)
On the Avenue of Angels House of Hearts Stage!

Sunday
Breakfast at GKTW
IOA - hrs not posted
Lunch at ?
Nap/Swim
Dinner at GKTW
World’s Largest Candy Land Party (7:30pm - 8:30pm)
At Matthew’s Boundless Playground!

Monday
Disney Character Photos (8:00am - 8:30am)
In Julie’s Safari Theatre
Breakfast at GKTW
BBB at DTD
Shop
Lunch at T-Rex
Nap/Swim
Magic Kingdom for MVMCP (4:00pm - 12:00am)
Dinner at Cosmic Ray’s, Columbia Harbour House, or Pecos Bill

Tuesday
Nickelodeon Character Photos (8:30am - 9:15am)
In the Castle of Miracles!
Breakfast at Donald’s Safari Breakfast
Animal Kingdom - (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade (3:45pm)
Head to MK (9:00am - 8:00pm) or Epcot (9:00am - 9:00pm)
Dinner at Ohana

Wednesday
Breakfast at CRT
Magic Kingdom - (9:00am - 8:00pm)
Pirates League
Lunch at Cosmic Ray’s, Columbia Harbour House, or Pecos Bill
Celebrate Dream Come True Parade (3:00pm)
Dinner at ?
Main Street Electrical Parade (7:00pm)
Wishes (8:00pm)

Thursday
Disney Character Photos (8:00am - 8:30am)
In Julie’s Safari Theatre
Breakfast at GKTW
Seaworld - (9:00am - 6:00pm)
Lunch at Underwater Grill
Nap/Swim
Christmas Dinner at GKTW
Winter Wonderland Festivities (6:30pm - 8:30pm)
Along the Avenue! Santa Claus, carriage
rides, and even a parade!

Friday
Universal Character Photos (8:30am - 9:15am)
In the Castle of Miracles!
Breakfast at GKTW
Check out of Villa
Extend Rental Car
Check into CBR (pirate room)
Lunch at ?
Head to IOA/Universal or Swim/Check out Resort
Dinner at ?
Pirates and Princesses Party (7:30pm - 8:30pm)
With Shamu at the Serendipity Stage!

Saturday
DHS - EMH (8:00am - 9:00pm)
Breakfast at Starring Roles
Lunch at Sci-Fi
Dinner at Pizza Planet
Fantasmic (6:30pm)

Sunday
Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s
Head to Airport

Love to hear anyone's suggestions who have been! I'm sure lots will change when I actually try to schedule ADRs.

Last edited by alyssaswish; 05-21-2012 at 11:09 AM.
alyssaswish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #25
Delaney21
Mouseketeer

I think your schedule looks great! Very detailed!! The only thing I may change is your reservation for O'hana on Sunday. You'll waste a lot of time going from IOA to O'hana, why not do it on Tuesday when you'll be at MK?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #26
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaney21 View Post
I think your schedule looks great! Very detailed!! The only thing I may change is your reservation for O'hana on Sunday. You'll waste a lot of time going from IOA to O'hana, why not do it on Tuesday when you'll be at MK?
Thanks! That does make more sense. Ohana is a must do from what I have read and I just couldn't figure out where to include it.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #27
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Joining in !!

It's great you are extending ! We were able to do that for our trip and stayed at CBR (pirate room) as well ! The only regret I have is that we didn't get a room closer to the food/ pool area. The pirate rooms are located in Trinidad north which is about a 10- 15 minute walk to the food court !! this would be fine if you have a car ... But we turned ours in and had to walk that loooong distance each day ! (seems REAL long when you are tired and/ or hungry ! Plus it wasn't convenient to the pool area. I wish I had been closer. Other than that .. The resort is gorgeous ! We loved being able to watch illuminations from our beach.

Looking forward to reading more !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
nannye
DIS Veteran

Subscribing, what an amazing little girl and family you have!
You will have such a wonderful time!
If you are looking for any meal suggestions. 1900 Park Fare is with Cinderella stepsisters etc.... and I hear nothing but good things. I am really looking forward to it when we go in July. well that and the princess room!

Can't wait for another update!
Erin

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #29
Kenziema
Mouseketeer

Ohh congrats on your dates. We ate still waiting on ours. Your plans look good so far.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #30
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

http://reesenews.org/2012/02/26/toug...onality/35075/

Alyssa's Story - Tough Little Girl With a Big Personality

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: