Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #46
dara00
DIS Veteran

hi! I am here. I was away in NJ visiting family when you posted your new link and felt like it was too hard to read and comment on my ipod! But I'm here now, so yay.

Our trip this year was on MLK day and the day after and the crowds were not bad at all! But hopefully your dates work out great for you!

I just got into draw something. I can't draw so well on it though! I think because I have an ipod and not a droid? not sure. But that was a great Brazil drawing for sure!

I'm glad your new job is going well!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

dara00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #47
okw19
DIS Veteran

I promise I'm still here. Honestly since your TR ended, I haven't felt the everyday urge to hop on the DIS like I used to. I think it's because that was the last thing keeping our trip alive. I love that Draw Something. When you sent it to me, I forwarded it to another one of my Disney loving friends who was there the same week as us. She thought it was hilarious.

I'll try to sit down and email you this week so we can catch up.

okw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #48
kayely
Earning My Ears

I'm here to read your PTR! I followed over from your TR. I am so excited to read all the adventures you have planning your next trip! Yay!

Me(24) Fiance(25)

J&K's Adventure Book - The Wilderness Explorer's Disneymoon PTR

1997 - Caribbean Beach (w/ my family)
2012 - Port Orleans Riverside honeymoon
kayely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #49
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pop in and check for updates. I'm glad you're enjoying your new job so much!

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #50
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Loved your last TR! Can't wait to hear the details on your next trip. We were hoping to go this year but we decided that we wanted to try and save for a different resort this time, so we're putting it off til next year.

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #51
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

So remember how last update I was all, "Oh hey you will hear from me this weekend with a new update! Blahblahblah..."? Well, obviously I totally lied.

I had so many responses I wanted to get to, and then ran out of energy to actually, you know, update my PTR.

So I totally understand if some of you guys have just left me, haha. I've been a terrible updater, and it's for 2 reasons.

#1: New job. We've already gone over that, so I'll spare you that. But I will say that it's going really well!

#2: After finishing my TR, I don't think I realized it but I just needed to step away from the DIS for a little bit. Partially because I was feeling bummed out about the trip AND TR being over, and also because I just do not have the time to be on the DIS like I did before. I honestly probably should have held up on starting my PTR right away, but I really wanted a place for people to hop over to, so I guess it's a good thing I did it!

Honestly, my old job gave me SO much free time, more than I ever knew existed. New job? Not so much. But that's actually nice, since my days go by WAY faster. But yeah, because the new job had me training a LOT (and still does, just to a lesser extent), I just needed to step back for a little bit until I felt a little more comfortable in my role and things slowed down a little bit..

I guess there is kind of a #3 here, being... I didn't have anything to update you guys on! I like to be able to come in and announce really awesome things, you know? Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of movement on this trip, until very recently, which I'll get into here in a just a moment.

But basically, I just wanted to say I'm super sorry for being a bad DISer recently, but that I am here, I still care and I promise I will update this PTR more regularly.. or at least once a week, with responses inbetween of course... And probably WAY more as we get closer to our trip!

So, let's get into why planning things has been so slow!

The past two times we've done to Disney World, Matt's parents have let us use some of their DVC points. They've had this in the family for nearly 20 years, and we've been the only ones the past few years to actually go to Disney World and use the points.

There had been talk about us possibly taking over the payments for the points, because his parents don't use them much anymore since Matt and his sisters are older. We figure we'll probably be the ones to get the most use out of them, as we love Disney World and typically can financially afford the trip.. plus, when we have kids in a few years, we'd obviously like to make it a yearly trip.

Buuuut they've decided to hold onto them for now, which is fine, though there is a little guilt that we sometimes feel when we use the points and they don't want money from us for them...

Anyway! This year there are a ton of points to be used... 700ish to be exact. Matt's parents have been planning to take my SIL and niece to Disney World, and they've been thinking about taking them this year/next year. They'd probably do a 2-bedroom, and so we figured out for this trip to work for us point-wise, it'd make the most sense to do 2 studios. It's way less points than a 2BR, and would allow us to go on our trip, while they could go on theirs.

Oh, and yes, we are taking care of Bruce and Amy's room, mainly because they've been amazing friends to us and have come through for us in so many ways. As I've mentioned in the past, they've taken care of our dogs and our house (for free, by the way) every time we've gone to Disney World, and even during some other shorter trips we've made. Outside of just watching our dogs/house, they're great people and we figure if we have the points for the room, why not take care of it so we can all stay at a deluxe resort?

That's the other thing.. out of the 700 points, 290 of them MUST be used by February 1st, 2013, because they are banked from 2011. Matt's parents won't be using these before then, so it should work out pretty well considering 2 studios for 9 days comes out to around that amount.

Okay, so, we originally thought there'd be no problem on the points... until his parents suddenly thought about going to Italy and using a bunch of points on it.

We came up with the plan to offer to basically rent the points from them, paying them so they could use that money towards going to Italy and not waste points on Italy (because the points are basically wasted when trying to use them outside of DVC).

If they decided they still wanted to use the points, we'd then look at either renting points through the DIS or look into staying at a moderate and hopefully get free dining.

We gave them time to kind of figure things out, and asked them last weekend about it. Looks like Italy is probably not going to happen, and we SHOULD be able to use the points.

We're hoping to solve it all this weekend, and if they give us the green light, we will probably book at their home resort, Old Key West.

Are we planning on staying at OKW? Well, it's not our first choice, but we figure if we at least book that now, when the 7 months comes up and if for some crazy reason our number one choice (which I'll get into NEXT update) is booked, we still have a guaranteed resort that we're staying at.

SO! That's where everything currently stands. Again, we're hoping to have this all solved this weekend, but we'll see!

Next update is going to include our resort choices, why we're doing this trip and why it's a special one for us.

Thanks for hanging in there with me, and I PROMISE I will be around a bit more, especially as things start to get rolling with booking our resort and all that fun stuff.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #52
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
hi! I am here. I was away in NJ visiting family when you posted your new link and felt like it was too hard to read and comment on my ipod! But I'm here now, so yay.

Our trip this year was on MLK day and the day after and the crowds were not bad at all! But hopefully your dates work out great for you!

I just got into draw something. I can't draw so well on it though! I think because I have an ipod and not a droid? not sure. But that was a great Brazil drawing for sure!

I'm glad your new job is going well!
Well as you can see, I've been MAJORLY slacking on updating my PTR! Ugh. So don't even worry about being late at all.

I think our dates will be good, but it's definitely good to know that MLK isn't as bad as I've heard!

I haven't played a ton of Draw Something recently, I always forget I have it on my iPhone! Hahaha. It's hard to draw on! I like it better on my iPad.

And thank you! It really is wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
I promise I'm still here. Honestly since your TR ended, I haven't felt the everyday urge to hop on the DIS like I used to. I think it's because that was the last thing keeping our trip alive. I love that Draw Something. When you sent it to me, I forwarded it to another one of my Disney loving friends who was there the same week as us. She thought it was hilarious.

I'll try to sit down and email you this week so we can catch up.
Well we've talked since you left this comment but yeah, I was feeling the same way as you! I just wish you were planning a trip for the same time as me again. One, so we could just be excited about it together and two, so we could hang out together again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayely View Post
I'm here to read your PTR! I followed over from your TR. I am so excited to read all the adventures you have planning your next trip! Yay!
I am so glad you are here! I saw your comment over on my TR and am so happy you loved it so much. I swear I normally update way more often but things have been a little crazy around here lately!

Thanks for joining!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Just wanted to pop in and check for updates. I'm glad you're enjoying your new job so much!
Well I FINALLY updated today! Ugh, total slack alert on my part. Though I do have the excuse of being really busy, haha. But thank you! It's a great team I get to work with and I really enjoy it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
Loved your last TR! Can't wait to hear the details on your next trip. We were hoping to go this year but we decided that we wanted to try and save for a different resort this time, so we're putting it off til next year.
Thanks so much! Glad to see you hopped over here! That's a bummer about not going this year, though it makes TOTAL sense. I'm having a hard time knowing that we have to wait until January of next year to go, buuuuut that's okay!

Where are you thinking of staying next year?
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #53
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

We are still here- no worries!!
I hope it all works out with the DVC points...sounds like it will...
can't wait to hear why your doing the trip....??? hmmmmm..should we start guessing????

glad your new job is working out well....
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #54
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! Glad to see you hopped over here! That's a bummer about not going this year, though it makes TOTAL sense. I'm having a hard time knowing that we have to wait until January of next year to go, buuuuut that's okay!

Where are you thinking of staying next year?
[/QUOTE]

Well, my fantasy would be to stay at the Beach or Yacht club but that might be a little too over amibitious on my part...LOL. I have two daughters, that will be 8 and 11 by the time we're planning on going and they would totally love to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge. So I would love to do that for them, if we could.

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #55
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Hoping things are squared away with using those points!

DH and I are traveling with another couple in October and we are also treating them to the accommodations. We feel like we're gaining so much by having our best friends in WDW with us, there's no need for them to pay! Add to that, we are sharing one studio, so it's the exact same point usage as just DH and I.

So where do you wanna stay??
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #56
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

700 points to use??? I'd be at Disney every month for a year...
NancyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #57
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

TOTALLY get the having-to-step-away from the DIS for a bit. I did the same thing after my TR and then my PTR lagged a bit. It's actually still a little bizarre b/c it's my BFF PTR but everything I'm posting about is the November Anniversary trip with Rey! I guess more planning that way??

So what will you do with the pups this time if your friends are coming with you? I'm glad that my next two trips are not with the whole family and my boys (17 & 18 in November!!! ) will be staying at the house and watching all my furry kids so I don't have to worry about them!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #58
amyrella
Mouseketeer

Yay!! I always enjoy your updates! Hope everything works out with the points!
amyrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #59
mouseketeer70
Mouseketeer

Still here! Totally understand being busy. I keep my calendar using my iPhone and I swear if anything ever happens to that phone I will be totally lost because I can't keep it all straight, especially this time of year--baseball, dance recitals, end of year testing and awards days and field trips etc at school, graduation... But it's all this busy busy busy that makes all of us appreciate the peace of a Disney vacation so much!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #60
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I totally understand the new job/less DIS time thing too! It's hard keeping things updated on a regular schedule!

The DVC points thing completely confuses me, but it sounds like you've got a good plan!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: