Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #211
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

Hey Everyone! It's Danielle's husband Matt, joining in! I've been a longtime lurker, but I'm hoping to be a little more active on here going forward. Just thought I would say hello!
GrimGrinningStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #212
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
Hey Everyone! It's Danielle's husband Matt, joining in! I've been a longtime lurker, but I'm hoping to be a little more active on here going forward. Just thought I would say hello!
Welcome Matt!! You and your wife seem to have tons of fun on your trips! Will be fun hearing from you as well!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #213
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the DIS, Matt! Hooray!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #214
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

Welcome Matt!!! So happy you are here!!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #215
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to being involved on the boards!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #216
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
She is adorable!

On the Holiday tour...I did the Yuletide Fantasy Tour in WDW. I loved it. And if I had the opportunity to do a Holiday tour in DLR, I would jump on it in a second.

And a word of caution on the AP...if you have one, you'll find reasons to go to the Parks. Because after all, you've already paid for the pass...and oh look at the AP rate on rooms...and hmm, that's a pretty good price for airfare. It's dangerous. When I didn't live in Florida, I went at least one or two extra times the years I had an AP versus when I didn't. In fairness, I had already done the math with the trips I had planned on and the AP was the best deal. But yes, it burns a hole in your pocket!
Okay awesome, good to know about the Holiday tour! We are definitely planning on doing it, which I am VERY excited about!

OMG, you aren't joking! I am already getting way ahead of myself on wanting to plan trips for the next year!

But yeah, the thing is, we were planning on going to DL again next year after WDW at least once, so that right there would already get us a good deal on the 3 trips by purchasing the Premier Pass... But I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up adding a 4th trip to either WDW or DL because of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OH my gosh... congratulations on becoming an aunt! She is beautiful!!!!

Thank you! OMG, she is just so cute. I am so excited and I get to meet her in like a month and a half!

Wow, I imagine that if yall were to get those premiere passes, you'd feel pretty powerful... LET'S JUST GO TO DISNEYLAND ONCE A MONTH, you could shout, if you had those passes!

Um, no kidding. Like oh hey, no big deal, I'm just going to jet down to Disneyland because I CAN... or hey, let's go to WDW, cool? Cool.

Okay clearly I'm exaggerating. But seriously... if you ended up getting them, that would be amazing.

Yeah, I know, right?! They really are super tempting for us to get!

The tour at Disneyland sounds awesome! If it comes with souvenirs AND snacks, AND rides with no wait, AAAAND a good spot for the parade, then I say GO FOR IT! I mean, I've watched the Christmas Fantasy parade on you tube like 500 times, and I'm in love. That alone would make me want to do the tour! Plus, behind the scenes info would be amazing!

AHH I KNOW. I think it's actually a terrific deal! I mean, you even get a little souvie pin to remember your tour! And a cute Disney mug full of hot chocolate, and lots of little candy samples... PLUS front-of-the-line privileges for two awesome attractions, PLUS awesome seats for the parade? And ya know, the tour itself... I'm really excited to go on it!

Please forgive this comment because I do realize that it was ridiculous.

PSH GIRL, do you remember who you're talking to here?! No comment is ridiculous, hahaha. Come on now. Either that or my comments on your TR are just as ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Congrats on your new little niece! She is soo cute and I bet you cant wait to meet her!
I say Go For the Premier annual pass...for selfish reasons...you do such a great job on your TR that if you have the AP that only means more TR for us to read!!!!!!
Thank you! I really cannot wait at all! It's killing me! But soon enough I'll get to meet her.

Hahaha, I have to admit, I just LOVE your reasoning for why we should get the Premier Annual Pass. I mean, that alone right there is reason enough, no?! And yes, it DEFINITELY would mean more TRs for you guys to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Congratulations on becoming an aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Melina is absolutely adorable!

I think if you've worked out the math and it reasonably seems like you will be able to take enough trips to make up the upfront cost of the pass, then go for it!! How exciting would that be, a super-awesome pass to BOTH parks!

I absolutely cannot wait to hear how BOG is!!
Ahh thank you, I am just so excited, she is beautiful!

We've definitely worked out the math, and then some! Matt is Mr. Spreadsheet man when it comes to calculating costs and figuring out what we can afford/can't afford. Plus, some people in this thread brought up something else that I didn't even initially think of, which I will get into in a future update!

Also, I hope we are able to get a reservation for it! It's a little nerve-wracking, haha, because I think EVERYONE is waiting for reservations to go online! Fingers crossed it all works out here in a few weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We have been looking at the Premier passes as well. With the recent price increase of DL Annual passes, the Premier ones didn't increase. That means if we could get two WDW trips in a calendar year, we'd be money ahead. If you guys do it the real cost will be in airfare and hotel, since it will be soooo tempting to make quick trips down to DL. But the question is how to include that in the spreadsheet...
Yeah, agreed! I mean, the price difference between the two isn't huge.

For us, with our current plans for trips, we'll be coming out ahead by $50, PLUS all of the discounts we'd also get. But like you said, airfare and hotel are what have to factored in, especially for future trips.

I think this pass would end up being a one-time thing, for this year, as I doubt we'd do the Premier Pass again in the future... but then again, who knows! I also thought this Disney World trip would be our last for a long time, with no trips to DL in sight... Just can't stay away!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #217
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Welcome Matt!! You and your wife seem to have tons of fun on your trips! Will be fun hearing from you as well!!
Quote:
Welcome to the DIS, Matt! Hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
Welcome Matt!!! So happy you are here!!
Quote:
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to being involved on the boards!
Aww, such a nice welcome for the hubs. He actually HAD a DIS name in the past and posted a few times, but he decided to make a new account with a much better name... Combining two of his Disney favorites!

Hopefully I can get home to post here more often!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #218
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Welcome Matt!
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #219
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Aww, such a nice welcome for the hubs. He actually HAD a DIS name in the past and posted a few times, but he decided to make a new account with a much better name... Combining two of his Disney favorites!

Hopefully I can get home to post here more often!
I KNEW IT! I totally remember that but I was thinking I was confused or something. It was like... some name with a bunch of M's or something?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #220
JDailey
Mouseketeer

Your niece is sooooo cute!!

And a big HELLO to you Matt.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #221
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

Quote:
I KNEW IT! I totally remember that but I was thinking I was confused or something. It was like... some name with a bunch of M's or something?
Yeah, it was the remarkably unimaginative mjmagnuson. I didn't put much thought into it since, at the time, I assumed I would be lurking only. Dani got me hooked though!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #222
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Hello there!
I've just been reading your January 2012 TR when I stumbled upon this PTR... then I noticed... we are going AT THE SAME TIME!
I was going to read the rest before I commented but I'm so excited to know of another DISer going when we are!

I'll be back... your plans look great so far!
Carla

PISCESANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #223
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hi there! I loved your last TR and I am so on board for this!

You have the best car decals ever, I can't decide which one I love the most. And your framed photos on your wall are so adorable. It looks so great.

You have a good Vinylmation collection - I've been debating doing it on my next trip, but on one hand I'm like... do I really need more Disney stuff to sit around the house? The answer is probably yes. LOL.

Your dogs are BEAUTIFUL!!!! And congrats on becoming an aunt and getting to go to Disneyland! I can't wait to hear all about it.
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #224
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
Your niece is sooooo cute!!

And a big HELLO to you Matt.
Aww, thank you so much! She really is adorable!

Quote:
Yeah, it was the remarkably unimaginative mjmagnuson. I didn't put much thought into it since, at the time, I assumed I would be lurking only. Dani got me hooked though!
Haha, yes I did, mwahahaha. Now I hope you start posting more often! Heck, maybe you can do a guest update or two around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
Hello there!
I've just been reading your January 2012 TR when I stumbled upon this PTR... then I noticed... we are going AT THE SAME TIME!
I was going to read the rest before I commented but I'm so excited to know of another DISer going when we are!

I'll be back... your plans look great so far!
Carla
Hi! I'm so glad you are enjoying my January 2012 TR... and HOW COOL is it that we'll be there at the same time?! What are your dates? I always love hearing from others who are going at the same time as me... January is my FAVORITE time to go! Can't wait to hear from you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Hi there! I loved your last TR and I am so on board for this!

You have the best car decals ever, I can't decide which one I love the most. And your framed photos on your wall are so adorable. It looks so great.

You have a good Vinylmation collection - I've been debating doing it on my next trip, but on one hand I'm like... do I really need more Disney stuff to sit around the house? The answer is probably yes. LOL.

Your dogs are BEAUTIFUL!!!! And congrats on becoming an aunt and getting to go to Disneyland! I can't wait to hear all about it.
AWW YAY! I'm so glad you joined my PTR! I hope you are doing a TR for your next trip! I need to finish reading your last TR!

Anyway, I like to think that our cars are lookin' pretty snazzy and are pretty Disneyfied, haha. I love our decals! I actually just the other day saw someone with an HM decal that said "My other car is my doom buggy".

JUST BE PREPARED... If you get into Vinylmation, it's all over. It's an insane addiction and you will end up with so many of them! I have already! Though I'm kind of taking a little break at the moment, and saving my money for more important releases (like the Haunted Mansion one that HOPEFULLY comes out in the Fall!)... It's so much fun trading though; I can't wait to do it on our trip in the parks!

We love Disney in our house! Our upstairs landing is all Disney stuff.

I'm SUPER excited to go DL and write all about it! I hope everyone joins me for that TR... and plus, it's going to help pass the time until we're back in Disney World a month and a half later!!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #225
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I'll definitely be following your DL TR! I wish I had plans to go back!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: