Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
DisneyLoverUSA
DIS Veteran

Question Anyone else LOVE DOWNTON ABBEY? SPOILER ALERT****

I had never heard of Downton Abbey until Chelsea Handler one night on her show proclaimed it to be the best show on TV. It got me interested but on my DVR box I kept searching for DownTOWN Abbey instead of DownTON Abbey.

I have since found that I can watch it through my Kid's Kindle Fire for free to Prime customers. HOWEVER, they only let you watch season 1 for free. Season 2 costs 1.99 an episode so I ordered season 2 through Blockbuster by mail.

I started watching season one on Tuesday and am up to season 1 episode 6 tonight. There's only one episode left (ep 7) of season 1, then I will have to wait until Saturday for my Blockbuster mailers to come so I can finish watching it.

Is there going to be a season 3? Does anybody know? Is this show still a current show or were there just the 2 seasons of it then it went off the air?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

No spoilers for anybody who hasn't seen it but I can't stand Thomas and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

I tried doing a search for the words Downton Abbey but only 2 threads came up and neither of them were about the show. They were just threads posted on the UK board.

Is there a Downton Abbey lovers thread that anybody knows of you can link me to?

Last edited by DisneyLoverUSA; 04-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
DisneyLoverUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

Love Downton Abbey.

Season 3 is supposed to air in the UK in September and in the US in 2013. I read on PBS that Shriley McClaine will be joining the cast.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
LuLuO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
cornflake
DIS Veteran

First - you have TWO episodes (really three actually) left - there's a Christmas special, in the grand tradition of British series.

Flove Downton Abbey. What she said about series three - it's filming at the moment, can they move it along please?!

I'd like you to watch the end so we can discuss because I'm afraid of dropping spoilers. Come back after you watch the end!
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
nomie74
Mouseketeer

I just discovered Downton Abbey, it is probably one of the best television series I've watched. I wish season 3 would get here quicker!!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
chobie
Fish are friends, not food
My beautiful, smart, awesome daughter changed my tags!
Would you please stop making my head hurt today?

Great show. Maggie Smith is wonderful. I'm having my mother over for high tea this weekend and I'm going to start watching it from the beginning with her -- she has been wanting to see it but hasn't started yet.
chobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
Rockislander
Earning My Ears

love Downton Abbey!!! Just discovered it on Monday and I'm already done with season 2!

My favorite is the Dowager Countess (but then I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, too!) - she has the best lines!

If you enjoy British humor (like I do!), you'll have a good laugh at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dMlXentLw

There are two parts, so be sure to watch the second as well.

Next trip: 9/2014: POL/WDW
2013: WL/WDW
2013: Princess Half Marathon - WDW/POFQ
2012: BCV/WDW
2004: LBV Hotel/WDW
1997: Off-site/WDL
1996: Off-site/WDL
Rockislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
bebelle
DIS Veteran

I watched it on PBS. I am not sure if the link is still available. Did you check out Hulu or Huluplus?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

My whole family LOVES this show!

We will actually be visiting Highclere Castle (setting for DA) in June -- I can hardly wait!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014
Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #9
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

omg I love this show. Everyone kept telling me i would, but I never got around to watching it until my friend literally sat me down and turned it on. I was so glad she did. its AWESOME. and i want their clothes sooo baaaad!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
Jaime4004
DIS Veteran

Love that show! I watched season 1 (and how is 7 episodes considered a season?!) a while ago on Netflix. Still waiting for season 2 to magically appear!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Best series on television ever. My friend encouraged me to watch season 1 on Netflix, I was done in a few days. Imagine my dismay when there was no season 2! Thank goodness for these boards - someone posted that I could still watch season 2 online at the website. I only had a week, but I made it before it expired. Now I'm DVRing season 2, and if I happen to hear the music, I'm magically drawn it, and have re-watched many episodes.

I don't know how I will get through season 3, without knowing there is a season 4!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
JenM
DIS Veteran

I love Downton Abbey! My mom loaned me her Season 2 blu-ray, and I think I just watched it for 7 straight hours on Saturday. I couldn't stop watching. Can't wait for season 3.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
southernbelle20
Mouseketeer

Me! Me! Me!!! Love this show....the clothes, the "house", and the scenery!!!! Stunning!
southernbelle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
DawnM
Dawn

I have watched all of Seasons 1 and 2. I am trying very hard NOT to think about it right now because I want to see Season 3.

I will probably buy them through Amazon as they come out.

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
famousmockingbird
Mouseketeer

LOVE Downton Abbey! I have a mad crush on Mr. Bates.
famousmockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: