Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
iloisfra
Roads? Where we're going we don't need... roads.

Melissa and Alex's DISNEY WEDDING!

Hi everyone!

I can't TELL you how excited I am to start this PJ! I have been on the fence about starting one, but I've seen all of your great journals and knew I had to share as well.

Maybe I should start with the proposal? Seems like the way to go:

My fiance's mom has this beautiful house in the mountains in Colorado. You can see for miles and miles, and at night, you can see every star in the sky. There is this balcony upstairs with a front row view to the beauty. It was his plan to take me up to that balcony at night and propose to me. Then so many things started to go wrong...

First, his mom has four dogs and five cats. I made the mistake of petting one of the cats, Tank (he has that name for a reason!), and then rubbing my eye. BIG mistake. My eye started to close up as the night went out, and Alex had to help me by putting eye drops in for me. Not the most romantic thing! He then said he was going to take a shower, which is actually when he went to get everything set up for the proposal. As I was sitting in the living room and his family was in the kitchen, they all started talking about when they got engaged and how it happened. Should have been my first clue, right? Well, I'm a little oblivious

My eye finally started to feel better, so Alex asked if I wanted to go upstairs to look at the stars. Mind you, it was December 28 and COLORADO, and being from Florida, I'm not exactly used to the cold. So, I told him I wasn't up for it. Just a few minutes later, his mom came down and said, "why don't you two go look at the stars?".

Here is the point where I should have just known. But of course, it still didn't occur to me.

I figured I would go ahead and bundle up, so we headed upstairs to the balcony. It was just gorgeous outside. He had this small Christmas tree set up with a beautiful ornament on it that he had made. On it, he wrote the date and put in a gorgeous heart made of swarovski crystals.

We walked out and I turned to look up at the stars (freezing, of course). When I turned back around, Alex was already down on one knee. It was that very spot where he asked me to be his girlfriend, so he said, "this is where I asked you to be my girlfriend, and this is where I want to ask you to be my wife".

I will post some pictures next time.. as soon as I figure out how to do that
Old 04-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

I LOVE your story and his quote. So romantic, well maybe not the cat/eye thing, but without that it wouldn't be real life!

Can't wait to read more!
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
karic19
Mouseketeer

So sweet! Congrats!
karic19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
DisneyEverAfter
Can't wait to marry my prince charming!

What a cute story! I love it! The stars go way back for DF & I I know how ya feel! Can't wait to read about your plans!
DisneyEverAfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
iloisfra

Groupon for Wedding Invites and Stationery!

Hi all!

I guess that, since I'm still fairly new to the forum, I can't post pictures yet. Does anyone know when I will be able to post attachments? I'm excited to show you all some pictures!

In the meantime, I found a Groupon today for 54% off wedding invitations and stationery. I'm not sure it if it's only for the Houston area or not... it's an online deal, so I am guessing anyone can benefit from it!

[Well, I just tried to post the link for you and I haven't posted enough yet! Sorry about that. If you go to groupon.com and look at the Houston groupons, you can find it. We're going to be looking at their website tonight to see if we want to order from them! Seems like a good deal!]

We're still counting the days until we can officially book our wedding day! I was a little shocked at first to hear that it wasn't first come, first serve, but either way, we'll find out late next month! I need more patience!! It can't come soon enough.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Love your story, how sweet!

Love me some Groupon's! Online deals have been amazing during planning too, hope you got what you wanted!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Congratulations. Cant wait to see your plans. Have you narrowed down locations yet?

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
DisneyEverAfter

More plans & details!!!! You can post pics & links & send PM's at 10 posts (learned that the hard way lol)
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
iloisfra

I really wish I could post some pictures for you, but I am still waiting for those privileges. They're strict around here! I've posted 10 times, so I'm not sure. Is that 10 times on your own board?

We're still sorting out the details, but we know we want to get married at the WP! I'm still not sure about the reception site though.. I have a friend who really wants to do the photography, so we probably won't have the reception at a park. Oh, the possibilities are endless. Anybody have any recommendations?

I'm currently making an inspiration board that I hope to post soon! I'm SO excited to finally book our date late next month!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #10
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Your proposal story is so sweet! I got chills Can't wait to hear more about your plans. I hope you can post pictures soon!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer

I love your story! Especially how oblivious you were! Too funny!
You'll be able to post pics soon, in fact you should be able to post hem now! I can't wait to see some pics and hear about the rest of your plans. I'm following along!
Welcome and congrats!

Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
DisneyEverAfter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloisfra View Post
I really wish I could post some pictures for you, but I am still waiting for those privileges. They're strict around here! I've posted 10 times, so I'm not sure. Is that 10 times on your own board?
Nope! Just 10 posts overall! Make a photobucket account, upload & resize your photos you want to post, and then copy & paste the IMG code into your journal! Then we can all see your pics G'luck!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Hello! What a sweet proposal story! I feel like I'd be the exact same way - a little bit oblivious and freezing. After ten posts in general, you can post pictures, so you should be good to go now. Can't wait to read more!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
iloisfra

Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEverAfter View Post
Nope! Just 10 posts overall! Make a photobucket account, upload & resize your photos you want to post, and then copy & paste the IMG code into your journal! Then we can all see your pics G'luck!
Ah! And here I was waiting for the "You may not post attachments" to change before I posted pictures! Thank you!!

Here are a few pictures so far:

Right after we got engaged!! The image quality is quite poor, but you can still see the excitement on our faces!

The ring!

My inspiration board so far.. just a few pictures of centerpiece ideas, bouquets, a cake, and a color scheme. Blue is my favorite color, and the DF's is green

More to come soon!

Last edited by iloisfra; 04-10-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: I guess the little dog was cropped out!
iloisfra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #15
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

No way, your colors are very similar to mine! I'm excited for another PJ! We just officially started the process of booking our date last week and the wait was absolute torture. Your date must be like a month after mine.

Anyways, love the proposal story, sorry about the cat/eye incident, but as one other person said, it wouldn't be as real without life getting in the way of a perfect night lol. Life tends to make everything more interesting! Glad you finally got to post pics, I remember that frustration when I first started my PJ. I love the inspiration board! Keep the posts coming.
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: