Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #91
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

AWESOME! I was going to start one if there wasn't an October thread already. I'm planning on a WDW/US split stay, either October 19th-26th or October 26th-November 2nd. 4 nights at WDW, 3 nights at Universal Orlando. We'll either stay at the Fort Wilderness Cabins or the Polynesian with deluxe dining, (because we'll eat at at least 2 signatures), and this time I am 100%, absolutely, renting a car. I'm so done with the WDW bus transportation.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #92
dwsandy
DIS Veteran

Planning on a trip BLT Oct 15-22, 2013 with my kids and parents to BLT. I can't book until Nov 15 but I'm looking forward to the trip. I love WDW in October!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #93
amos07
Mouseketeer

October 21st-28th

We are planning on going October 21st-28th. We will be celebrating my daughter's 4th birthday there (it's October 22nd). We are staying at the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom view and I cannot wait. Hoping for free dining or some kind of discount if not we may switch to one of the other monorail resorts if they are offering discounts. Tried to join the facebook group but dunno if I did it right.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #94
melnbil
DIS Veteran

Hoping

I am hoping we get to go next year. Working on finances now. I am also waiting on my sons school calendar for next year. They normally get a fall break in October. However, just as sure as I plan, I will plan the wrong week. Then I will have to change it, risk losing our resort, you know all that fun stuff. Here's hoping.

melnbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #95
Cierese
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnbil View Post
I am hoping we get to go next year. Working on finances now. I am also waiting on my sons school calendar for next year. They normally get a fall break in October. However, just as sure as I plan, I will plan the wrong week. Then I will have to change it, risk losing our resort, you know all that fun stuff. Here's hoping.

I hear ya! My kids have had the same week for fall break for years and we had plans to go this fall. The school calendar was updated May and they moved the fall break up a week. Luckily being that far in advance, there was still availability where I wanted to stay. We went ahead and changed the dates to the next year though. I'm hoping the week I have booked is the right week for next year! I'm less concerned about the resort and more concerned about YES tickets getting sold out or us getting tickets and then the school schedule changes again.

October 2015 - TBA
June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #96
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

October 12-19

Hi everyone!!!

I've already sent my request to join the FB group! Whoot!!!

My girls and I have a trip planned for Spring Break 2013, but as time goes on, it's looking more and more like we are going to postpone until October. So, I thought I would come over and check out the Oct thread!

We have been twice during October (2003 & 2008), and LOVED it!! The weather is amazing, the decorations are supreme... and we have to do MNSSHP!!!

Anyways - super excited to be here!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #97
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Hi everyone!!!

My girls and I have a trip planned for Spring Break 2013, but as time goes on, it's looking more and more like we are going to postpone until October. So, I thought I would come over and check out the Oct thread!

We have been twice during October (2003 & 2008), and LOVED it!! The weather is amazing, the decorations are supreme... and we have to do MNSSHP!!!

D~
Woo Hoo!!! You found us.

Hoping for free dining for y'all.

As for us...our dates might change a day. We originally thought we'd get there Oct 26 and leave Nov 2. Now it might be Oct 27 through Nov 3. My DD25 is flying in, but she won't fly in until Tuesday Oct 29, and leave Sunday Nov 3. And while we're staying offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, she and her husband (they're getting married next May) want their own room, so they may go onsite, probably at a moderate, and hoping for CBR which is very close to WBC. Good chance, they may end up with free dining.

Anyway, today or tomorrow (probably tomorrow), we'll be at the 13 month mark. And some of y'all are probably at the one year mark already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #98
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Hi everyone!!!

D~
Welcome, D~!!! So good to see a VERY familiar face! Can't wait to see if our dates line up for an even better Dismeet!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #99
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Woo Hoo!!! You found us.

Hoping for free dining for y'all.

As for us...our dates might change a day. We originally thought we'd get there Oct 26 and leave Nov 2. Now it might be Oct 27 through Nov 3. My DD25 is flying in, but she won't fly in until Tuesday Oct 29, and leave Sunday Nov 3. And while we're staying offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, she and her husband (they're getting married next May) want their own room, so they may go onsite, probably at a moderate, and hoping for CBR which is very close to WBC. Good chance, they may end up with free dining.

Anyway, today or tomorrow (probably tomorrow), we'll be at the 13 month mark. And some of y'all are probably at the one year mark already.
Hi! Thanks for the FD wishes... It would be nice to have.

I hope you are able to get your plans ironed out so that it works for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Welcome, D~!!! So good to see a VERY familiar face! Can't wait to see if our dates line up for an even better Dismeet!
LOL - Hi Oopsi! I think we need to try to plan a lunch together this trip. Hopefully some of our days will overlap.

D~
Old 10-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #100
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Planning a trip from Oct 7th to Oct 18th! PTR link in my signature!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #101
PeanutButterMom
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread, so subbing!

I've been on the FB group for a while now

We're going Oct 19-28, at POR : me, DH, daughter (PB) who will be almost 8 then, and son (Jelly) who will be 4.5. My mom and step-dad are also coming for a 5 day stay in the middle and are renting points to stay in a 1BR at AKV.

Me (slice-o-bread #1) DH (my matching slice) PeanutButter (AKA PB) Jelly
PeanutButterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #102
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I wanted to jump over here and point out a little something to my OCT 13 friends... check out my ticker today:

ONE YEAR til we go back to Disney!!!!

And WELCOME PBMom!!! Yes, you have been a part of our FB family for a while, good to see you over here!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #103
Eoywin
DIS Veteran

for everyone who is now a year or less! I have a couple more days until I hit a year.

It is terribly exciting to think that a year from now I'll only be days away from going home... and introducing DD to the best place in the world!

Me DH DD - 5 years old

Past Trips: 1986 (offsite), 1993 (offsite), 2007(CBR), 2013 (AoA)

My Next WDW Trip: October 2016

The October 2016 Facebook Group

Visit my Blog!
Eoywin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #104
PeanutButterMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoywin View Post
for everyone who is now a year or less! I have a couple more days until I hit a year.

It is terribly exciting to think that a year from now I'll only be days away from going home... and introducing DD to the best place in the world!
Yup, one year and 10 days from now I'll be at the World! My first time in over 15 years, and a first for DH, and both kids
Me (slice-o-bread #1) DH (my matching slice) PeanutButter (AKA PB) Jelly
PeanutButterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #105
DMGeurts

Congrats on the "1 year" everyone!!!... I think mine starts tomorrow or the next day? I haven't looked at my ticker yet today... So I am not sure. LOL

PBmom - I love your name... So cute!

D~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: