Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
nicholeb
Earning My Ears

Talking Packing for DH

I am planning a trip for WDW with DH and DSsI do all the packing and trip planningI have found alot of things all over the place about what to pack but I was wondering what you guys thinkAs in what do you wish your wife would pack or remmber to bring for you What is your must have for WDW
nicholeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
tutter99
DIS Veteran

It's kind of hard to say without knowing much about him. Do you mean clothing wise? gadgets? Things to kill time?
What is your plan to attack the parks? All day? Afternoons at the resort?

Proud to be DisDad #356
tutter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Comfortable shoes, moleskin for blisters, poncho, swimsuit, camera, money and the family. Everything else you can make do without.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

I'll second comfy shoes and a camera (with charger or extra battery). While new to me, LOVE the moleskin suggestion. And I agree you can't have too much $$ when traveling to WDW. I may also suggest a journal / notebook and a pen. Some DH's don't have the best memories, so if you write everything down, you don't have to remember.

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
unclescrooge_0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Don't forget underwear and a toothbrush. I think the other guys have a pretty good list. Comfortable shoes and clothes for the week, all the necessary toiletries, camera, Ipod and reading material or whatever he might want for down time at the pool or resort.

If you're going when it's hot, something in particular that I like to wear in the parks is the Under Armour heat gear shirts. They're great for staying cool in the parks and they dry quick after water rides.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Don't forget underwear and a toothbrush. I think the other guys have a pretty good list. Comfortable shoes and clothes for the week, all the necessary toiletries, camera, Ipod and reading material or whatever he might want for down time at the pool or resort.

If you're going when it's hot, something in particular that I like to wear in the parks is the Under Armour heat gear shirts. They're great for staying cool in the parks and they dry quick after water rides.
Where can you find these heat gear shirts and how many payments are required to purchase?

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
10dedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #7
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Where can you find these heat gear shirts and how many payments are required to purchase?

Matt
Well, I've got them from Dick's Sporting Goods and from an Under Armour store at an Outlet Mall that is a few miles from where I work. I've also bought Nike's version of the shirts from the same places. They aren't that expensive. The ones I really like are about $30, but from time to time I've found some on clearance at the Outlet store for $10. And that's a 1 time payment.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
nicholeb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
It's kind of hard to say without knowing much about him. Do you mean clothing wise? gadgets? Things to kill time?
What is your plan to attack the parks? All day? Afternoons at the resort?

I was just thinking in general What are somethings you think about packing when going to the park? He has a learning disablity, so he doesn't read or write but a tiny tiny bite. So anything with those he trys to avoid but he likes to be comfortable. So maybe any ideas about what to do for the heat or clothing ideas would be great too as I dont want to have him running around in jeans during the heat. I was think about taking a break during the day and going back to our RV that will be a FW.
nicholeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Don't forget sunscreen, a hat, and bug spray.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Definitely cargo shorts, you can never have enough pockets at WDW. You might also want to look into a small backpack for hiking so you have a place to put either a sweatshirt or jacket in case of rain. If you do have a backpack, the fewer storage areas the better, every time you go into the parks you will need to unzip all zippers so security can take a look.
If you are bringing a digital camera pick up an extra memory card.
Also, If you have an Ipod or something else you can hook up to the stereo in the RV, download some of the DISdad podcasts just to get an idea of some of the things you might want to do while you are there without having to read through guidebooks.
There are also some sites where you can pay a small fee to help you plan your days which will give you the best days to visit each park, what order to do the attractions, etc.. If you do this, print extra copies of the plan! It may seem like "over planning" but it will save you a ton of time and make your visit way more enjoyable if you aren't waiting in line for everything.

Proud to be DisDad #356
tutter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #11
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Definitely don't want to be wearing Jeans around the parks all day... Before we had our son,I never took a bag to the parks. I just wore cargo shorts to carry anything I needed. I'd stuff a cheap poncho in a pocket, some money, credit card, sunglasses and phone. That's all I would take into the parks with me. When you're in the park itself, you really don't need to take much with you. There's plenty of stuff to do already provided.

Again,I recommend the shirts I mentioned earlier. There are other brands as well, but those light weight athletic shirts are great in the parks. Comfortable shoes are a must and maybe a pair of sandals to wear if you're going to ride water rides.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #12
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Well, I've got them from Dick's Sporting Goods and from an Under Armour store at an Outlet Mall that is a few miles from where I work. I've also bought Nike's version of the shirts from the same places. They aren't that expensive. The ones I really like are about $30, but from time to time I've found some on clearance at the Outlet store for $10. And that's a 1 time payment.
Is that the one in Edinburgh?

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 9/21/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholeb View Post
I was just thinking in general What are somethings you think about packing when going to the park? He has a learning disablity, so he doesn't read or write but a tiny tiny bite. So anything with those he trys to avoid but he likes to be comfortable. So maybe any ideas about what to do for the heat or clothing ideas would be great too as I dont want to have him running around in jeans during the heat. I was think about taking a break during the day and going back to our RV that will be a FW.
Pack a shirt, shorts,socks, underwear for each day. If you are going to signature dining, bring a golf shirt to wear. if you are concerned about cold, bring a light jacket. Legs will be moving enough to keep warm. Bring comfortable shoes. For the park, keep it simple. DW insists on bringing a backpack full of stuff everyday. I just want my phone or camera to take pictures, and something to hold my KTTW card and ID.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholeb View Post
Pack a shirt, shorts,socks, underwear for each day. If you are going to signature dining, bring a golf shirt to wear. if you are concerned about cold, bring a light jacket. Legs will be moving enough to keep warm. Bring comfortable shoes. For the park, keep it simple. DW insists on bringing a backpack full of stuff everyday. I just want my phone or camera to take pictures, and something to hold my KTTW card and ID. Sunglasses and/or visor for heat.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

I have not seen anyone mention sunglasses yet. Can't forget those. I love the idea of the idea of heat gear shirts. Another option would be short sleeve camp shirts. They are made of light cotton and are button down. I've found they do a great job of letting heat escape on hot days.
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: