Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #31
Dawncala
Collector of magical memories and pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
when you get on board, go try to make a Palo brunch reservation. They hold back about 50% of the reservations to book on board.

HTH

Jill in CO
Wow 50%? Good information! Thank you Jill.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
Dawncala

Perry
I briefly mentioned Perry the Platypus was among our Cast of Characters. If you haven’t read my Alaska TR I thought I should probably explain so it makes sense.

When our kids were young, if my husband had to travel for business, he’d bring one or two of their stuffed animals (or toys) with him and take pictures of them in the airplane, in his hotel room and around the city. Then he would e-mail them to me and I’d show the kids that their toys were having fun with daddy and keeping him company. People always got a kick out of him taking crazy photos of the toys having dinner, pushing elevator buttons, taking taxis, and hanging out with his co-workers.

My daughter’s Perry has come with us on our last several trips. Sometimes he’s obvious in the photos, but sometimes we hide him a bit and play “Where’s Perry? later.” We wouldn’t dream of going to the Caribbean without him.

Playing "Where's Perry" in Skagway, Alaska.
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #33
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

That is a really cute story about your husband taking the stuffed toys with him and taking pictures for the kids Where's Perry is always fun to play too!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
Mary Lou in Ohio
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncala View Post
The Mickey Mouse Fan Club at Sea

After booking, the next order of business was joining a DIS Cruise Meet group. We are officially known as Mickey’s Memorial Day Fantasy and have around 60 members. It’s been fun getting to know people who will be on the cruise with us, exchanging tips and tricks and dreaming together about our upcoming adventure.

So far our group has planned a 1st day meet, Fish Extender exchange, Postcard Recipe exchange and we’ll have our own custom lanyards. (Thanks to all the awesome ladies who volunteered to coordinate those.) We are also hoping to take a group photo in the atrium. Plus one very talented member even created us our own special logo.

If you are planning a Disney cruise and you have not joined a DIS meet group I highly suggest it. It is great fun to share the experience with others and meet new people from all over the world. If you’re worried about not having time for Fish Extenders or on-board meets…don’t. You can participate as much or as little as you like.
Can you post a link to the Meet & Greet? We just signed up for this cruise today and would like to join the group.

Thanks!

Mary Lou
Mary Lou in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #35
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lou in Ohio View Post
Can you post a link to the Meet & Greet? We just signed up for this cruise today and would like to join the group.

Thanks!

Mary Lou
Welcome Mary Lou! Here is the link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2582122

We also have a Facebook group with the same name. If you would like to join that too just do a search and ask to join.

Our group is having a "welcome aboard" meet on Saturday, May 26 at 3:00PM at the Vista Cafe on deck 4 and I think we're also putting together a group photo. (date and time not yet determined) Some other people are also having meets the evening before we board the cruise. Read through the DIS thread and Facebook for details on those.

I'll look for you on the other boards and look forward to hearing about you and your travel group.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #36
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Another fellow Washingtonian subbing in !

Your plans seem to be coming together nicely......especially the airfare deal, I'm very jealous!!!!

We are also doing a Fantasy cruise but our countdown marker is at a staggering 300 days!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #37
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Another fellow Washingtonian subbing in !

Your plans seem to be coming together nicely......especially the airfare deal, I'm very jealous!!!!

We are also doing a Fantasy cruise but our countdown marker is at a staggering 300 days!
Will you also be doing the Western Caribbean or are you on the Eastern? I'm sure the time will fly by and you'll be packing before you know it.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #38
Dawncala

Fish Extender Gifts
I’ve finally started putting together my fish extender gifts. I began researching ideas almost from the day I joined the meet group, but didn’t make a final decision until about 45 days out when I knew closer to the final cabin count. The group tends to grow a bit in the month or two before the cruise and we have added several families in the last couple of weeks. Sorry, no spoilers on what we are bringing. It is a surprise.

For those of you unfamiliar with what Fish Extenders is check out this post which describes the basics. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...81&postcount=2

This is our third cruise and third time participating in Fish Extenders. It is definitely one of the highlights of the cruise and our kids (OK yes, and DH & I too) are excited to find special gifts at our room every day.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #39
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Joining the fun. Cant wait to hear more I am on a December Eastern on the Fantasy.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #40
Dawncala

The Packing Paradox
We have reached the 30 day countdown mark ( YEAH!!!) so it’s time to get serious about finalizing the packing list.

I predict packing for 7 nights is going to be tricky so I’ve been mulling this over for months. Packing for Alaska was actually pretty easy. We live near Seattle so we simply drove up to Vancouver B.C. the morning of the cruise. No airplanes, no luggage weight limits, and no 3 ounce bottle rules. We could bring pretty much anything we wanted.

Even though we’ll be packing lighter, summery attire for the Caribbean we still have formal and semi-formal night, pirate night (we all have pirate clothes), Remy, Palo and the fish extender gifts. I’m keeping the FE gifts on the small side, but still, 40+ of anything takes up some room. I also know Murphy’s Law will be in play here. If I bring it I won’t need it. If I don’t bring it, I will need it.

My plan is to not pack personal bath items like shampoo, styling mousse, lotion, toothpaste, shaving cream, sun screen…and just pick them up when we get to Orlando. We’re hoping to have only carry-on bags at the airport and the 3oz airport size limit restrictions are a pain. Or, if we do decide to go with some bags under the plane, those items add a fair amount of weight. I plan to just buy new of everything before we board the ship and leave any leftovers.

If you have any packing tips I’d love to hear them.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #41
verygfy
DIS Veteran

I have been dreading getting started on the packing. I am trying to keep it light, but I know that is just going to be near impossible... Are you bringing the over the door organizer or an extension cord?
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #42
Strawberry's mom&dad
DIS Veteran

Hi. We're taking the Thurs 5/24 Alaska 8:45 flight. Had enough miles to get 3 free so only had to buy one. Going to POFQ till Sat then DCL transport to the boat. We are using our DVC points for a week at BLT after the cruise. Looking forward to meeting everybody at 3:00. 27 days till we leave.

Strawberry's mom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #43
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncala View Post
Will you also be doing the Western Caribbean or are you on the Eastern? I'm sure the time will fly by and you'll be packing before you know it.
We are also Western!

Will we get a preview of your FE gift? We have participated in a FE on our past few cruises and we all love it. I'm always looking for new ideas!!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #44
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by verygfy View Post
I have been dreading getting started on the packing. I am trying to keep it light, but I know that is just going to be near impossible... Are you bringing the over the door organizer or an extension cord?
Maybe to the over the door organizer. We have done fine without one on our past cruises, but since we have a smaller cabin this time we may pick one up in Orlando when we pick up the other bath items. It depends on the price. We will definitley bring a power strip though. There never seem to be enough outlets.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
We are also Western!

Will we get a preview of your FE gift? We have participated in a FE on our past few cruises and we all love it. I'm always looking for new ideas!!
Sorry, no FE spoilers. Many of my fellow FE group are subscribing and I want to keep it a surprise.

Tags
caribbean, cruise, fantasy, trip, western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: