Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Dawncala
Collector of magical memories and pixie dust

From Reality to Fantasy - May 26, 2012

Pre-Trip

We have officially dipped below the 60 day countdown mark (Woohoo! ) so I decided if I was going to write a pre-trip report I should get started. I had so much fun writing the trip report for our Alaska cruise on the Wonder last year I just had to do it again. This cruise will include the same cast of characters only a year older and to a new, more tropical location.

If you would like to read my Alaska TR you can find it here. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2707642 It is photo heavy and contains all the Daily Navigators and other informational papers and an entire meal section with photos of many of the dishes and menus.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Yay!! I loved your Alaska TR - I'm much more a Caribbean girl so seeing the Alaska trip through another's eyes was fun. Can't wait to read your PTR and your TR for Fantasy...only 13 more months til my Fantasy comes true.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Yay!! I loved your Alaska TR - I'm much more a Caribbean girl so seeing the Alaska trip through another's eyes was fun. Can't wait to read your PTR and your TR for Fantasy...only 13 more months til my Fantasy comes true.
Thank you. I am really looking forward to the Caribbean. I hope your 13 months preparing for the Fantasy flies by with magical Disney speed.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I just saw your adorable baby timeline. Congratulations!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. I'm on the 10/6 Fantasy and cannot wait!

Jill in CO
Old 04-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Dawncala

Cast of Characters

Iím Dawn (DW), the researcher, planner, scheduler, travel agent, photographer, archivist, blogger and dreamer. (to name just a few of my starring roles) Cruising with me will be my hubby Ryan (DH), our 13 year old daughter Josi (DD) and 11 year old son Chance (DS) and Perry (DP: Disney Platypus). Conveniently we are all Disney fanatics so I never get any argument when it comes to planning a Disney vacation. This will be our third Disney cruise in 3 years. Our first was a 4 night Bahamas cruise in January of 2010 on the Wonder, and the second was a 7 night cruise to Alaska, May 24, 2011, also on the Wonder.

Us from last year's Alaska cruise.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Joining in I can't wait to read all about your trip on the Fantasy!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I loved your Alaska TR so I am really looking forward to this

We are going to be on the fantasy a couple of weeks before you so I will be sure to look after it for you
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #9
TamieH
Mouseketeer

We are on the same cruise and can't wait!!! Let's hope we have beautiful weather and calm seas....regardless, we will be on the FANTASY!!! That beats a day at work and home anyday.
TamieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
verygfy
DIS Veteran

So excited to see you started the pre trip!! Following along
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I loved your Alaska TR so I am really looking forward to this

We are going to be on the fantasy a couple of weeks before you so I will be sure to look after it for you
Thank you! Will you be doing a trip report? I'd love to hear about your adventures and learn any tips or tricks you might suggest.

Last edited by Dawncala; 04-09-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Dawncala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #12
Dawncala

Hello TamieH and Verygfy. Nice to see some familiar names. 47 days and counting girls.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Cute platypus

15isto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
verygfy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncala View Post
Hello TamieH and Verygfy. Nice to see some familiar names. 47 days and counting girls.
Can you believe it is almost here
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
Dawncala

The Planning, The Booking, The Waiting

The easier part, booking all the travel, is done. The hardest part, the waiting, is really just beginning. Boy does the calendar move slowly when I am looking forward to a Disney vacation. I booked this cruise way back in 2010 so we have been waiting quite a long time. (538 days to be exact)

We are booked on the May 26th to June 2, 2012 Western Caribbean cruise. The 9th official cruise of the beautiful Disney Fantasy. We booked almost immediately after reservations opened up. It might have been the 1st day. I donít remember for sure. (Itís been a while.) We wanted to have a magical porthole room mid-ship and I knew the only way that was going to happen was by booking ASAP. Luckily we had no trouble getting our first choice. We have mid-ship cabin 9077, near to the front funnel stairwell and elevators. Just two short decks up to the Quiet Cove pool area and Cove Cafť and another couple to the Edge Tween club where both our kids will probably be much of the time. Our main reason for mid-ship though was that DH & DS are prone to sea sickness and DH requested it.

We booked using our DVC points at a cost of 554 points for the four of us. The cash price when we booked was $4,600. By May 2011 the cash price had gone up to $5,300 and it is now $6,700 for our same category 11A cabin. I feel that we got a pretty good deal and have really enjoyed being DVC members so far. (300 pts at Saratoga Springs) We have taken quite a few DL & WDW land vacations and this is our second cruise.

Tags
caribbean, cruise, fantasy, trip, western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: