Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #61
Disneygirl 792
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
So I still get the photo book I'm just adding the ability to add extra pictures onto the package??? Just want to make sure I'm thinking correctly.

I'm wondering if there's a benefit to adding this and paying the extra $$..... I guess I'm still getting the photobook. When I look at it that way I guess it' makes sense.....
That's what I got out of the email and the conversation with the photopass cm. I'm not sure the ride photos are worth an extra $100 (for me anyway). With the photos I get at Chef Mickey, all I do is when I buy the pics , I go to a photo place like in Epcot and have them scan my photopass card then receipt to get those on my photopass...I'll pass.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #62
d-r
l|ll|||ll||ll||

I don't like that 14 days only. That's too restrictive - we are used to getting all of the photos from a trip on the cd, not being restricted to only two weeks.

We've had photos from test track and splash mountain added to our photo pass cd and it does take a while after the ride to do it. Long enough that it would be annoying to do it everytime. But I guess it would be quicker because you wouldn't have to pay for it each time like we did at splash mt.
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #63
d-r
l|ll|||ll||ll||

question - for the character meals, is it just that photo that they make you stand for before they let you go to your table and then try to sell you, or will there be photopass photographers with the characters when they come around? Because if they are with the characters when they come around this might be worth it, that might be pretty cool. You wouldn't have to worry about moving around to take pictures yourself and who goes to the bueffet when and so on.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #64
dishguy1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygirl 792 View Post
That's what I got out of the email and the conversation with the photopass cm. I'm not sure the ride photos are worth an extra $100 (for me anyway). With the photos I get at Chef Mickey, all I do is when I buy the pics , I go to a photo place like in Epcot and have them scan my photopass card then receipt to get those on my photopass...I'll pass.
But you wouldn't have to pay for the package at Chef Mickey's if you upgraded to the Photopass+ as you would get it for "free". So you would save $30 or whatever the Chef Mickey's package normally costs. The upgrade would quickly pay for itself if you do a couple of character meals and a couple of ride photos. The question is would you normally buy those packages and ride photos. You also get the Photo Gallery CD which is normally $40 with all the stock photos.

We are going to upgrade this year and give it a try. We are doing Chef Mickeys, Hoop de Doo, Spirit of Aloha and Tusker House. I've never purchased any ride photos before because of the cost but we'll be getting all those added to our CD this year with the Plus upgrade which will be nice. We are also doing CRT and Akershus but you already get the photo package with those included in the meal price so I'm not sure what the point of including those in the Plus is. Several people have asked on Facebook if you get an additional package when you upgrade but the CM seems to be avoiding that question. It seems like they didn't really think that one through when including those locations in the Plus program.

Last edited by dishguy1977; 04-04-2012 at 10:31 PM.
dishguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #65
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

I've posted on Facebook asking them about The Pirate's League and whether it's now included or not but have yet to get a response. At first it wasn't included along with BBB but now that they've back-peddled and included BBB I don't see why Pirate's League would be any different. Seems like they are working the bugs out on the fly and it might be a few days before they get it all fixed.

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
HalloweenNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #66
dishguy1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
I've posted on Facebook asking them about The Pirate's League and whether it's now included or not but have yet to get a response. At first it wasn't included along with BBB but now that they've back-peddled and included BBB I don't see why Pirate's League would be any different. Seems like they are working the bugs out on the fly and it might be a few days before they get it all fixed.
BBB could always be included on a PhotoCD for "free" - you just had to give them your regular photopass card when they took the pictures and you could then add them to your account/PhotoCD. At Pirates League you have to purchase their photo package in order to be able to add those photos so I am hoping they include those in Plus program as well.
dishguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #67
angierae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamingInMI View Post
So can you explain how the process works? Do you identify you photo and then hand the PhotoPass+ card to the CM to have you photo added onto it?
A
And just to clarify, do you get an actual print as well?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is great to get the info straight from someone who is using PhotoPass+ right now! Thanks again!
No problem! We just got back from MK and Wishes or I would have answered earlier. You do not get a print of the ride photos, just the digital. You give them the number if your ride (today at Space Mountain they had someone by the monitors writing the

umbers down foe anyone interested. I gave the slip of paper to they CM at the photo desk and they verified I only wanted the digital (aprint would have cost extra) and then they did whatever they do with the computer and then handed my card and I think them slip if paper to the cashier CM who pirated out a reciept.

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #68
angierae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishguy1977 View Post
But you wouldn't have to pay for the package at Chef Mickey's if you upgraded to the Photopass+ as you would get it for "free". So you would save $30 or whatever the Chef Mickey's package normally costs. The upgrade would quickly pay for itself if you do a couple of character meals and a couple of ride photos. The question is would you normally buy those packages and ride photos. You also get the Photo Gallery CD which is normally $40 with all the stock photos.

We are going to upgrade this year and give it a try. We are doing Chef Mickeys, Hoop de Doo, Spirit of Aloha and Tusker House. I've never purchased any ride photos before because of the cost but we'll be getting all those added to our CD this year with the Plus upgrade which will be nice. We are also doing CRTu and Akershus but you already get the photo package with those included in the meal price so I'm not sure what the point of including those in the Plus is. Several people have asked on Facebook if you get an additional package when you upgrade but the CM seems to be avoiding that question. It seems like they didn't really think that one through when including those locations in th Plus program.
I'm doing Akershus in the morning so I'll let you know what they say. it makes me wonder if this is a step towards no longer including the pics at CRT and Akershus, and that's why they are listed for the Photopass+

10-2013 - Pop Century / 4-2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 5-2010 - Pop Century
angierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #69
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

We never buy the ride pics either, but, now my DS is tall enough for the "big" rides, I am going to get it. If I would buy the ride photos separate, plus the $99.95 PhotoPass, it would, most likely, be more than the $199.95. We also do the character meals like Chef Mickey, Tusker House, etc. So it seems to make more sense to get all those pics this way.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #70
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierae View Post
I'm doing Akershus in the morning so I'll let you know what they say. it makes me wonder if this is a step towards no longer including the pics at CRT and Akershus, and that's why they are listed for the Photopass+
I've wondered the same thing. Sort of like taking away the ability to use late fastpasses is generally seen as the first step toward charging for the next incarnation of fastpass.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #71
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Eh. I think we're going for it. I enjoy having ride photos and we have a Splash Mountain photo from each of our trips, framed and sitting in our living room. We're doing 2 of the character meals that are included. Since I know we'd buy at least one of those plus Splash Mountain, it's not that much more to just add the Plus. We're also going to Downtown Disney on our first day -- but not the parks -- so we can add it there.

My question... it sounds like if you add the Plus, they give you a special card so the various rides/meal know you have the Plus. Can I still add photos to the account using the regular old Photopass method? We'll be doing waterparks at least twice and they have those little bracelets they give you for Photopass (I think... have they changed it?) and I'm hoping I can still add those to our account. I would think so, but you never know...
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #72
Daisy-J&D
DIS Veteran

Not happy if BBB, CRT and Askershus are now Photopass + options only. That really sucks to take away from the current product.

I pre-ordered the CD+photobook and I'm not intersted in adding another $100!! That's $250!! I'd only be saving the money on pre-order for the photobook... no discount for pre-ordering the CD. Maybe they are going to phase that out too? I'm a fan of photopass but that is getting too expensive. As far as value goes, we never buy ride photos and are not really interested in them... and aren't the pictures before meals, other than tuskerhouse, just family shots and not with Characters?

Of course, Disney is clearly able to do this because people will pay and pay and pay...
1982 - Off Site , 1984 - Off Site, 2002 - Off Site Sheraton Safari, 2004 - Pop Century/Off Site, 2004 - Disney Wonder, 2007 - Pop Century, 2008 - Pop Century, 2011 - Pop Century, 2012 - POFQ, 2015 - Disney Fantasy, 2015- Art of Animation.

Jess , Dee and DD4
Daisy-J&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #73
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy-J&D View Post
Not happy if BBB, CRT and Askershus are now Photopass + options only. That really sucks to take away from the current product.
So far this is not the cast. Just speculation whether it will head that way down the road.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #74
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

I pre-ordered last trip to save money, I pre-ordered this trip (before the price increase) to save money. Now to get the Plus you save no money, come on Disney give us a break. The ride pics, as others have mentioned are not high quality, the photographers are O.K., I can get pics of the the same characters at meals when they come to the table, and Disney wants to charge $100 more for that? Really? I would like to have some of the ride pics but not for the prices Disney charges for them. They're just not that good.

My DH's fav character is Donald, so at the MNSSHP we did the meet and greet with Donald and the pics were blurry and too dark. At the desert party the pics were blurry, and at the Animal Kingdom the the lighting was terrible. It's hard for me to fork out $100 for the original CD much less $200 for the plus. If they would give a discount for pre purchase I would spend the extra money, but not $100 more. No way.

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #75
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierae View Post
They probably will since they need to find some way to jack up the prices even more. If that's the case and it changes by October, I'll be rethinking our CRT reservation. Its not worth the cost of the meal IMO if you don't get the pictures as well.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: