Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #1096
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Ahh, I see. Thanks.

No wonder I don't know what it is, LOL.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #1097
disneyaway
Mouseketeer

We are planning our third trip to Disney and third trip to the the Swan. Love that hotel! I thought about staying at the Poly but I just couldn't justify the increased cost. Now trying to decide if we should get a regular room to splurge on an alcove room. Such decisions, lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #1098
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
DH attends a lot of conferences at S/D (actually he will be at one while you are there!) Check every day because yes they will release any rooms not needed closer to your dates. I'm not positive but I think last year for that same convention, he had to have his room booked by March 1st...so you may have to wait til much closer for something to open up.
Thank you! I figured I'd try once a month and then more frequently during March. I am sure we will love the Swan, I just wanted the larger room. I asked if they could move over the two beds from the Dolphin into the Swan alcove, but they weren't going for it
Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #1099
melissam2003
Earning My Ears

Our trip is getting closer we are down to 1 Month 12 days to our first trip to the dolphin & disney world!
When leaving the dolphin & heading to the airport how much time would you consider? I don't want to be pushing time but I also know I'm one that worries so I'd be extremely early. Just wondering a good time frame for arriving at airport before flight/or how in advance to leave hotel.
thank you
Old 08-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1100
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

If you use a car service - they will give you a pick up time to travel from the S/D to MCO.

I would leave 1 hour to get from the S/D to MCO - it all depends on traffic and time of day.

On a good day, no traffic it only takes about 40 minutes from the S/D to MCO.
But you may have to add on time to return a car rental, luggage check-in, and what ever else you may need to do on the way to MCO or at MCO.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #1101
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I too recommend one hour. If I have a 6 PM flight, I am on my way to MCO by 3. One hour travel, 2 hours before flight time. If early, I relax a bit.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #1102
melissam2003
Earning My Ears

We will be using a car service, I've seen several comments on who some of you go through. If anyone has suggestions or tips on this I greatly appreciate.
& it is a 6PM flight!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #1103
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

We use Tiffany Town Car. We have used them for our last 6 trips including this past July. We have never had any issues. They are promptly waiting at baggage claim and pick us up promptly at the designated time. It is a 2 hour pick-up prior to your flight time.

The town cars are very clean, the drivers professionally dressed and polite.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #1104
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
We use Tiffany Town Car. We have used them for our last 6 trips including this past July. We have never had any issues. They are promptly waiting at baggage claim and pick us up promptly at the designated time. It is a 2 hour pick-up prior to your flight time.

The town cars are very clean, the drivers professionally dressed and polite.
We used TIffany Town Car for the first time in July, and they were great. The drive to the airport from the Swan/Dolphin takes ~ 25 minutes, and we had plenty of time with a pick-up 2 hours prior to our flight. I would definitely allow more time if I were taking Mears.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #1105
melissam2003
Earning My Ears

thanks so much, i will be looking into Tiffany town cars! Being our first trip to dolphin & disney itself started a stressful booking process but since i found this forum it has helped EXTREMELY!!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #1106
kristin69
Earning My Ears

Our first time staying at the Dolphin in November! In the past we've stayed at the Beach Club but couldn't justify the added expense (cha-ching) this trip but I don't think we'll be disappointed.

Great thread!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #1107
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissam2003
thanks so much, i will be looking into Tiffany town cars! Being our first trip to dolphin & disney itself started a stressful booking process but since i found this forum it has helped EXTREMELY!!
We've used FL Tours on the past and would use them again for their town car service. If u want to comparison shop

Portifino Bay - June, 2015; [/COLOR]Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 08-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #1108
Mouseteacher
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

TTC ~If you reserve on-line, there is a $5.00 coupon.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #1109
EPCOT is a verb
Former Long-time lurkers
I remember reading something on the DIS about...

We are sitting here waiting for our Tiffany Town Car to take us back to the airport right now. We had a wonderful vacation. We have used Tiffany many times and are always pleased with them.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #1110
Mouseteacher
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT is a verb View Post
We are sitting here waiting for our Tiffany Town Car to take us back to the airport right now. We had a wonderful vacation. We have used Tiffany many times and are always pleased with them.
In reading your post, I had a flashback to August 4 when we, too, were sitting waiting for Tiffany to pick us up. Always a sad day - going home day.

I hope your stay was magical.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: