Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #1081
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Princez View Post
Are the mugs at Swan/Dolphin different than the other Disney Resorts? We've never been to S/D so trying to learn what I can before our trip.
Yes S/D have their own refillable mugs, exclusive only to S/D resorts.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #1082
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo1009

Thanks! Perhaps I will bring a couple soft sided coolers (I can toss some ice in to get us thru a few hours while we wait for our room).
I've never stayed at the Dolphin (first time will be this coming Tuesday), and it would be best to call check, but I'd bet a considerable amount of money that bell services will refrigerate a delivery for you. It's a deluxe resort, it's expected. We've had it done for us at both Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge....

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #1083
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Yes S/D have their own refillable mugs, exclusive only to S/D resorts.
Not only do they have their own mugs, but they have distinct hot & cold refillable mugs -- The plastic one with all of the restaurant logos is only refillable for cold fountain drinks (and iced tea). The silvertone mug that says "java bar" is only refillable for coffee & tea (don't recall if hot chocolate is an option).
Old 08-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #1084
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
Not only do they have their own mugs, but they have distinct hot & cold refillable mugs -- The plastic one with all of the restaurant logos is only refillable for cold fountain drinks (and iced tea). The silvertone mug that says "java bar" is only refillable for coffee & tea (don't recall if hot chocolate is an option).
OOO good to know! Thanks!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #1085
J'aime Paris
Living happily ever after

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA

OOO good to know! Thanks!!
Last summer the mug I purchased at the Dolphin was good for hot and cold beverages. Now I need to purchase another? Seems a bit strange, if you're allowed to bring the same one back.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #1086
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aime Paris View Post
Last summer the mug I purchased at the Dolphin was good for hot and cold beverages. Now I need to purchase another? Seems a bit strange, if you're allowed to bring the same one back.
I found out about this change at the beginning of November. I brought back my restaurant logo mug and filled it with hot water and grabbed a tea bag at Picabu. The cashier charged me for the tea and when I asked, she explained that there was now a separate mug for hot beverages. Later, I asked at the concierge desk and they did confirm that it was the new policy.

Unrelated - I think I recall someone previously asking in the thread if the "Make a Green Choice" is selected, can the $5 option be applied to one's room folio. The cards themselves explain that if you are selecting the 500 point option, you turn in the cards at checkout to have the points posted to your account. If you want to use the $5 food & beverage option, you actually turn in the card to the restaurant at the time of purchase to redeem. If you are in some sort of multi-room suite setup (bedroom + parlor, 2 bedrooms + parlor), each card in the setup should receive its own card. That can add up nicely!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #1087
tina.tina
DIS Veteran

LaurenT, will you post a mini-review here? I'm always interested in your opinion whenever I see you post.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #1088
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina.tina
LaurenT, will you post a mini-review here? I'm always interested in your opinion whenever I see you post.

Thanks!
Will do! I'll be on the plane in less than 36 hours!

Old 08-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #1089
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to be able to make reservations for 10/19 & 10/20 for the F&W festival. We've had to put it off as we are school teachers and are waiting for our first paycheck of the school year. Hopefully the teacher rate will still be available!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #1090
piglet33
DIS Veteran

I'm staying at the Dolphin for the very first time Dec. 8 after our cruise. I know you can't do ME when staying there, but do they do RAC? I'm spoiled by using RAC so I really hope so.

Thanks so much!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #1091
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
I'm staying at the Dolphin for the very first time Dec. 8 after our cruise. I know you can't do ME when staying there, but do they do RAC? I'm spoiled by using RAC so I really hope so.

Thanks so much!
You can check-in online for your flight at either resort via the computers/printers in each lobby. However, there is no luggage check-in.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #1092
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
You can check-in online for your flight at either resort via the computers/printers in each lobby. However, there is no luggage check-in.
Darn it. Thanks. Guess I'll have to head to the airport earlier than I planned.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #1093
Dan Murphy
We are family.

What is RAC?

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #1094
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
What is RAC?
Resort Airline Check-in (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pla...rport-service/) - for those who use Magical Express to the airport.

Quote:
Resort Airline Check-In Service

If you're departing domestically on a designated airline, enjoy the convenience of our Resort Airline Check-in Service, which allows you to receive your return boarding pass and check luggage at your Walt Disney World hotel, bypassing airport check-in completely.

Simply visit the Resort Airline Check-In Desk located at your Walt Disney World hotel up to 3 hours prior to your flight departure time. A valid government issued photo I.D. and your hotel room key are required to participate.

Resort Airline Check-In Service is available with the following airline carriers:

AirTran Airways
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue Airways
Southwest Airlines
United Airlines
US Airways
Old 08-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #1095
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
What is RAC?
Resort Airline Check in
When I stay at the WDW owned resorts, I can bring my luggage down to the entrance of the hotel and there are CMs there who check it in for me. That way you don't have to handle your bags again until you're at your home airport.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: