Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #1036
elainyaeq
Mouseketeer

we will be checking in at the Dolphin today! 8 hours and counting! Praying for good weather for the drive over and fun by the pool =)
Old 08-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #1037
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
returning to my beloved Swan in September ... it's been too long since we've stayed there. can't wait to get caught up on this thread and see what's new!
Good to see you again, madge, enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainyaeq View Post
we will be checking in at the Dolphin today! 8 hours and counting! Praying for good weather for the drive over and fun by the pool =)
Have a great trip, Elaine.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #1038
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Lucky you! Have a wonderful time!
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....
12/14 Swan

DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #1039
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
Have a great time and keep us posted!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #1040
My3Princez
DIS Veteran

Talking

Just found out today that we get to tag along on DH's Swan business trip. We've only stayed at the Values before, so this will be a new experience for us! I'm on page 19 of the thread and hope to glean as much as I can, since we go in about 5 weeks!

Last edited by My3Princez; 08-10-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #1041
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Princez
Just found out today that we get to tag along on DH's Swan business trip. We've only stayed at the Values before, so this will be a new experience for us! I'm on page 19 of the thread and hope to glean as much as I can, since we go in about 5 weeks!
You will LOVE it!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 08-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #1042
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
returning to my beloved Swan in September ... it's been too long since we've stayed there. can't wait to get caught up on this thread and see what's new!
Hi, madge...thrilled that a sorority sister is heading back to our beloved resorts.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #1043
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
Hi, madge...thrilled that a sorority sister is heading back to our beloved resorts.
I cannot wait! I'm actually shooting for 2 nights ... but my second night has been sold out for months I suspect it's sold out for the same reason I want to book, the Tower of Terror 10-miler. I'll keep trying and have a plan B.

anyone been to the Garden Grove weekend buffet lately? reviews?

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 08-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #1044
Beka
Goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
How does one join Sigma Delta?

I'm typing this from the 9th floor of the Dolphin, snuggled up in my Heavenly Bed watching the rain outside. We have a double balcony room, kind bed, and can see SE, ToT, and many of the tops of th buildings in WS!

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 08-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #1045
NBCGal
Been there done that... Do it again or where to go next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka

I'm typing this from the 9th floor of the Dolphin, snuggled up in my Heavenly Bed watching the rain outside. We have a double balcony room, kind bed, and can see SE, ToT, and many of the tops of th buildings in WS!
I'm so envious! We'll be at the Swan in October - can't wait! One of our favorite views from the Swan is of the Dolphin.
R M
Jac Zero Boo!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #1046
mollygirl13
DIS Veteran

We will be at The Dolphin in 27 days. Cannot wait to swim in the Grotto pool and eat my Golden Fries from The Fountain!

We LOVE the Swan/Dolphin and cannot wait for our trip.

We can stay anywhere when we go to Disney and we always choose Swan/Dolphin.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #1047
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beka View Post

Hi, Beka,

Waaayyy back in 2002, a small group of us DISers came together because of our love of WDW and the Swan/Dolphin. We started a thread to keep in touch with one another. A just for fun thread called the Sigma (for the Swan) Delta for the Dolphin Sorority. It was here that I learned so much about the S/D before my first stay from the other ladies. I discovered the teacher rate back then and it was $99 a night and about spg and the AMEX spg card.

Some of us had a meet in WDW a few years ago and had tea at the GF. Our thread is not as busy as it once was. I guess real life takes over. But every now and then we do reconnect. Search for us on the Community Board and join in!

Enjoy your stay --- would rather be at the S/D in the rain than at home in the sun!
Old 08-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #1048
Zooteach1@yahoo.com
Earning My Ears

Question Where to see fireworks from SD

We have a standard room booked in late November at the Dolphin. An upgrade to a fireworks view room would be wonderful, but assuming that doesn't happen, where's the best spot to be around the property in order to have a good view of fireworks from Epcot, HS or any others that might be visible? Is the Boardwalk a better viewing spot than SD itself? If so, where's the best place to stand?

Thanks!!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #1049
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooteach1@yahoo.com View Post
We have a standard room booked in late November at the Dolphin. An upgrade to a fireworks view room would be wonderful, but assuming that doesn't happen, where's the best spot to be around the property in order to have a good view of fireworks from Epcot, HS or any others that might be visible? Is the Boardwalk a better viewing spot than SD itself? If so, where's the best place to stand?

Thanks!!
Best place would be from the Boardwalk for Illuminations, or the bridge between the BW area and Y&BC area. You would be able to see the high up fireworks from the program, but not any of the lower aspects of it.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #1050
kpadalik
DIS Veteran

So we will be at the Dolphin in 39 days for 2 nights pre-cruise...so excited! We have stayed at the Dolphin before, but it was 3 years ago and are so happy to be going back.

I do have a couple of questions that I'm hoping somebody can answer:

1) Do they still have S'mores on the beach? We had them when we were there last time and it was one of our favorite memories...making s'mores with our kiddos, swinging in the hammock, and letting them play on the playground.

2) We went to Shula's a couple months ago for our anniversary and loved it! While we loved the entire meal, we were hoping that we could just get the tomato/mozz salad and the french onion soup to go? Does anyone know if we can do that? If we could get that while the kiddos ate burgers from The Fountain, all would be good in the world. LOL

3) If #2 is not possible, I know that Camp Dolphin for the kids is always available. Do they give a discount if you are eating at one of the signature restaurants, like Shula's?

4) We have family cruising with us that will be staying at an off-property hotel and they thought it would be nice to come and hang out Friday night at the hotel with us. Would they have to pay the full $15 for self-parking?

5) Is there a place IN the hotel (besides a room) where you can view Illuminations? I know you can see it from The Boardwalk area. What about if you walk to the back entrance of Epcot by the turnstiles, but don't enter the park? Is that a good view? Or are we just better off viewing it from The Boardwalk?

6) My DH wants to know if there are really rooms at the top of the "triangle"? I told him probably, but I'd ask here...someone is bound to know. What kind of room is up there?

7) We are bringing cereal and bananas for breakfast. I know that there is a sundries shop, but do they have a 1/2 gallon of milk that we could buy and put in the fridge in our room? And is the fridge cold enough to keep it cold?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: