Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #901
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Sounds like there are some great trips coming up - I'm jealous! Enjoy!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #902
almcg
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I just wanted to tell you all about our great stay at the Dolphin! Our room was great, very clean and smart. We ate at Shula's and the Fountain and the food was delicious. We also got great pizza from Picabu's. My DH and DD12 loved the pools and my DH also enjoyed the Gym. The staff are great and really do their best to make your stay as good as possible. We'll definitely be back as the closeness to EPCOT is priceless
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #903
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Hi ALMCG - so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Dolphin.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #904
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Happy Anniversary, Karen, have a great trip. You also, Nancy.
Thanks, Dan.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #905
Veteran Wife
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me. I have changed resort reservations more in the past month than is healthy. DH and I are going to WDW in September. This is a big annivesary trip for the two of us and I'm hoping to make it really special. So after booking, then changing 3 other resorts (I think my DH is just being difficult now) I got a great deal at the Dolphin, standard room. When I called, the man taking the reservation was trying to discourage us from booking standard because he said the views are bad and wanted me to upgrade to resort view, but that is a bit out of our price range. So I was wondering if any standard rooms have balconies? Any with views other than rooftops like I was told? The whole resort looks beautiful, so its not like it would ruin our trip if we saw only a rooftop. And I'm so excited about being close to the Boardwalk and Epcot. Thanks for any advice!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #906
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

I don't believe standard room rate has a balcony. There is higher rate for a balcony room.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #907
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

There are no standard rooms with a balcony that I know of. Views could be dumpsters to roof tops to partial resort view - so that one's a toss up! If upgrading to the next category is not in the budget don't worry. S/D is a gorgeous resort & even if your view is of the rooftops you can be outside in a few minutes to enjoy everything. You won't be disappointed!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #908
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran Wife View Post
Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me. I have changed resort reservations more in the past month than is healthy. DH and I are going to WDW in September. This is a big annivesary trip for the two of us and I'm hoping to make it really special. So after booking, then changing 3 other resorts (I think my DH is just being difficult now) I got a great deal at the Dolphin, standard room. When I called, the man taking the reservation was trying to discourage us from booking standard because he said the views are bad and wanted me to upgrade to resort view, but that is a bit out of our price range. So I was wondering if any standard rooms have balconies? Any with views other than rooftops like I was told? The whole resort looks beautiful, so its not like it would ruin our trip if we saw only a rooftop. And I'm so excited about being close to the Boardwalk and Epcot. Thanks for any advice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
There are no standard rooms with a balcony that I know of. Views could be dumpsters to roof tops to partial resort view - so that one's a toss up! If upgrading to the next category is not in the budget don't worry. S/D is a gorgeous resort & even if your view is of the rooftops you can be outside in a few minutes to enjoy everything. You won't be disappointed!
I totally agree, Tara! And whatever view they end up with, the resort's location alone makes up for a less-than-wonderful view!

Veteran Wife -- I would suggest you make sure the information about your anniversary is listed on your reservation. Just like at WDW, *magic* also happens at the Swan & Dolphin!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #909
Veteran Wife
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the replies. Like I said, it won't ruin the trip. I am just so excited to be staying at the Dolphin. I've wanted to stay and either the Swan or Dolphin years but never got the chance. Of course, my DH's favorite place in WDW is ESPN, go figure. Now he's pumped about the trip too. Thanks again for the tips!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #910
kandb
DIS Veteran

We are going to the dolphin in Sept. Do people usually make a room request at the dolphin? Should we request being close to the pool? Or the food court? Are some rooms really far from "everything"?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #911
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
We are going to the dolphin in Sept. Do people usually make a room request at the dolphin? Should we request being close to the pool? Or the food court? Are some rooms really far from "everything"?
Absolutely make a request. Just like Disney, not guaranteed, but they will try to accommodate your requests. If it appears it is being overlooked at check in, remind them again of your request one more time.

The east side of the Dolphin can be a long hike to the pools, and restarants, especially Picabu.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 07-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #912
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran Wife View Post
Some added information if it helps you make a decision...

DH and I went to WDW for our anniversary last summer and I booked a standard room using a teacher discount. A few months before our trip, another (even better) discount became available, and so instead of taking the extra savings I used that discount to upgrade our room to Resort View for about the same cost per night. We had noted on our reservation that we would be celebrating our anniversary. Upon check-in, we were upgraded for free to a room with an Epcot fireworks view - one of the deluxe alcove rooms with two separate balconies. (Talk about Disney Magic!) I am wondering if the person you spoke to at the Dolphin might have also been encouraging you to upgrade your view to make a similar big upgrade a better possibility. Either way...the Dolphin truly is a fantastic resort, and I would make sure to sign up for the Starwood Rewards program and have your anniversary stamped all over your reservation in hopes for some pixie dust

Enjoy your trip!
Old 07-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #913
Texas Hurricane
Disney_FANatic

Wink Standard View or Balcony at WDW Dolphin

We booked WDW Dolphin for our August trip.

They will match any competitors rates.

Hotels.com has very good rates right now.
Call directly to the hotel and change your reservation with them matching the hotels.com rate. SEE What will happen.

You may get that Fireworks view with balcony like we did for $150 a night.

GOOD LUCK!

Summer of 87"- (1st trip) 10 yrs old- WDW- off property
Summer of 89" (2nd trip)-WDW- off property.
Summer of 92" (3rd trip)-WDW- off property.
Summer of 94" (4th trip)- WDW- ASM.
Winter of 95"- (5th trip) HS Drill team/Senior Trip- WDW- Off property.
An unwanted_Pause-Due to college-marriage-and having a child.
Summer of 2011- (6th trip)- DD 1st trip- BC
Summer of 2012- (7th trip)- DH 1st trip- WDW Dolphin
Summer of 2013- (8th trip)- Extended family trip- WDW Dolphin = Aunt Cousion (11) Cousion (21) CousionGF (18)
Old 07-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #914
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Hurricane View Post
We booked WDW Dolphin for our August trip.

They will match any competitors rates.

Hotels.com has very good rates right now.
Call directly to the hotel and change your reservation with them matching the hotels.com rate. SEE What will happen.

You may get that Fireworks view with balcony like we did for $150 a night.

GOOD LUCK!
What would be considered a competitor?

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 07-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #915
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
What would be considered a competitor?
Maybe "competitor" wasn't the best word! What Texas Hurricane is referring to is any bookable Swan or Dolphin rate that you can find through a site like Travelocity, Hotels dot com, Expedia, etc is what will be matched. When you call the Swan/Dolphin, you tell the CM the rate you found and the site you found it on. They ask you to hold while they go online and confirm that it is a legitimate rate -- then they will offer to match it.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: