Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #76
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if there is still a thread around, that says what the discounts are for the swan and dolphin. I guess the codes were for like teachers, nurses, Ap holders, i'm not sure if florida ressidents were in that too.

It use to have codes ets, and a phone number to call and reserve.

Its been a few years since we have stayed since we joined dvc but, in-laws might now be joining our may trip at the last minute.
So, its most likely a better deal to have them there than at the bwi at the last minute.

thanks for your help.
Nothing like re-arranging your trip for ungrateful inlaws.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #77
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

I haven't seen a thread with codes, but here's the link to the Special Offers page:

http://www.swandolphin.com/offers/index.html

And the CMs who answer the 888# at Swolphin are usually very good at finding all eligible discounts for your dates. Good luck!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #78
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

For those of you who do My Points (a rewards program) - one of their e-mails this morning was for Twinings Tea: www.twiningsusashop.com That reminded me of the UK Pavilion at Epcot, and made me even more excited that I'll be at the Swan in SIX DAYS!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #79
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
For those of you who do My Points (a rewards program) - one of their e-mails this morning was for Twinings Tea: www.twiningsusashop.com That reminded me of the UK Pavilion at Epcot, and made me even more excited that I'll be at the Swan in SIX DAYS!
LOL - I had a Twinings moment this morning too - I just had my wisdom teeth extracted on Monday & can still only tolerate liquids- I made myself a K-cup of Twinings & thought "oh how I wish I was entering the IG into the UK right now rather than being here in so much pain!"

6 days woo hoo!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #80
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
LOL - I had a Twinings moment this morning too - I just had my wisdom teeth extracted on Monday & can still only tolerate liquids- I made myself a K-cup of Twinings & thought "oh how I wish I was entering the IG into the UK right now rather than being here in so much pain!"

6 days woo hoo!
I hope your mouth will feel better soon! The tea shop at Epcot is SO cute, and as you will remember from your recent trip - the UK pavilion is especially lovely during the Flower and Garden Festival!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #81
MBELSANTI
Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Yay!!! So glad for you...have fun and let us know how your trip goes!

Speaking of my points, did u find anything you could redeem and use at wdw? I see they have visa card but its a lot of pts for $50

Swan 06/12; SSR 08/09;1st Trip Home! VWL 2/08; BCV/ BWV/Pop 08/08; Christmas/NYE BWV 12/08; Wilderness Lodge 7 Night Trip w/PP Party 8/07;
Magic 7 Day Cruise to 3 C's Including 2 stops to CC!!! 8/06;POP 8/04, 2/08, 8/08, 12/08;
Wonder 10/01,10/00,10/99;CBR 10/99; ASSports 10/01,10/00,9/99,9/97; Offsite 83; Contemporary 81,77,76,74,73,72
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #82
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBELSANTI View Post

Speaking of my points, did u find anything you could redeem and use at wdw? I see they have visa card but its a lot of pts for $50
Thanks!

I haven't seen any Disney-related options for redeeming My Points. I usually look for the best value, and I last redeemed points for a $50 LL Bean gift card.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #83
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

We are Starwood members - points are only earned when we go to the Dolphin - no Starwood hotels near us.

For a 10 night stay - costing us about $2600 (great teacher rate) - how many Starwood points do we earn ?

Then how do we convert them to a gift certificate - like pp said- LL Bean?
It may be a nice perk for us.

Thank you!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #84
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
We are Starwood members - points are only earned when we go to the Dolphin - no Starwood hotels near us.

For a 10 night stay - costing us about $2600 (great teacher rate) - how many Starwood points do we earn ?

Thank you!
You earn 2 starpoints/dollar spent as a Preferred guest member. 3/ dollar if you are a gold member. If you have a platinum american express and you call them they will call starwood and upgrade your spg account to gold or sometimes you can just call spg and ask them to upgrade you to gold. Depending on who you get sometimes they will upgrade you to gold just because you asked nicely.

You can buy gift cards on the spg website. You click on quick links at the top of the page and then redemption options and it shows you all the things you can do with your starpoints.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #85
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you!
I redeemed points from My Points (www.mypoints.com) to get the LL Bean gift card. It is unrelated to the Swan and Dolphin.

I use my SPG points either for free hotel nights, or I transfer them to my airline's frequent-flyer program on a 1:1 basis. When you transfer 20,000 SPG points to an airline, Starwood gives you 5,000 bonus miles.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #86
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:

I often get Landry's Gift Cards from MyPoints. They can be used at Yak & Yeti as well as at Rainforest Cafe!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 04-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #87
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Thank you for the STG points website.

We are so excited for our next stay at the Dolphin.
I wish I was there now.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #88
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the STG points website.

We are so excited for our next stay at the Dolphin.
I wish I was there now.
Me too!! It looks like you, me, and MBELSANTI will be there at the same time
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #89
ReganlovesWDW
Earning My Ears

Upgrading to a suite

I have seen in a couple of different posts that you can upgrade to a suite for 3000 points. Is that 3000 points per night or total? If it is "total", must it be done before checking in or can it be done at check in? I would love to receive an upgrade but if I can move to a suite for 3000 points, that would be fabulous

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #90
magsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
HI all!

Also, I am assuming if we have to wait for the room to be ready that we can use the pools?
Our last stay we had asked for early checkin if available. When we arrived our options were to get a standard room overlooking the dumpster immediately or wait for an upgraded room. We left our luggage with bell services, grabbed our suits and heading to the pool. Worked out perfectly.

Have fun!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: