Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #871
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh106 View Post
I've always had to pay for delivery with Garden Grocer anyway. I'm just not sure if there are local companies that deliver groceries there or if the resort even allows it.
I meant - you have to pay to receive any kind of delivery at the Swan/Dolphin - in addition to a delivery charge by the company doing the delivering.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #872
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh106 View Post
I've always had to pay for delivery with Garden Grocer anyway. I'm just not sure if there are local companies that deliver groceries there or if the resort even allows it.
I think you misunderstood what NancyIL meant. The Swan and Dolphin charge you for anything that is delivered to you. Meaning $$ on top of Garden Grocers delivery charge. I believe it's because of this extra $$ the resort is getting that GG stopped servicing these resorts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #873
ElliBelle
Mouseketeer

they no longer allow grocery deliveries. there is a personal pantry you can order things from. Hope this helps.

http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/pantry.html

off site x 3, 2007-2010 Shades of Green x 6, 8/09 Caribbean Beach, 11/09 All Star Movies.Upcoming trips; 8/2010 Beach Club CL, 09/2010 Shades of Green,11/2010 Royal Plaza at DTD, Dec 2010 Reunion - Executive Suite at the Dolphin, March 2011 POFQ, May 2011 POFQ, November 2011 AKL - Jambo House
Old 07-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #874
dixie47
Earning My Ears

Returned last night from a 6 night Dolphin stay. Previously we've stayed at the Swan. As others say, Swan is smaller and a little closer to Boardwalk.

We had a great stay at a wonderful AARP rate. The room must have been an upgrade b/c we could see the Boardwalk, HS, and Epcot from our huge window.

Gluten. My adult daughter and I both have Celiac so we scoped out some places. Picabu not helpful at all. I think you'd be safe with a boxed salad there, but the employees didn't appear to know or care much about a gluten free menu. They referred us to "Fresh" but hours there are limited.

The "Fountain" sit down but quick service restaurant was much more helpful. I had a wonderful burger there on a gluten-free bun. Other options are available.

Did a Friday night buffet at Garden Grove in the Swan and the waiter was quite helpful with gluten-free choices.

Just across the bridge on the Boardwalk you'll find Kouzinna (I'm sure I've spelled that incorrectly) which is an amazing place for gluten-free dining!!! And there's a grill/hamburger kind of place that is good too.

Mostly we ate in the parks. We had gluten-free chicken tenders in HS (Backlot Express I think) and at MK (Liberty Tavern?). Also, the small frig in the room allowed us a ready supply of gluten free snacks - yogurt, cheese, etc.

We ate well, stayed healthy, and had a great time.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #875
dixie47
Earning My Ears

PS - I should add that twice I walked over to the Beach Club store to look for gluten-free baked goods provided by Babycakes. On the first trip I found wonderul tiny chocolate cupcakes in the cooler. Yum! On the second trip - nothing! I think they sell out. A clerk told me they sometimes have brownies and other gluten-free snacks as well.

At the Epcot Seasons counter service restaurant we found a whole section of packaged gluten-free cookies and brownies :-)

You may already know - but I'll repeat this - restaurants at Disney are wonderfully helpful when you let it be known you need to eat gluten-free.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #876
LisaRay
DIS Veteran

Maybe this has already been posted or is old news but I just wanted to let those of you that are going to the Dolphin know that I got an email from Travel Zoo for rates at the Dolphin during select dates in Aug. and Sept of $129 a night.

You can go to travel zoo's website or google it to find the rate I thought it sounded like a pretty good rate and I wish I could go at that time and use it!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #877
kandb
DIS Veteran

Dixie,
How did you like Garden Grove??? Did anyone in your party eat the regular food on the buffet? How did they like the food? Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #878
mbh106
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I meant - you have to pay to receive any kind of delivery at the Swan/Dolphin - in addition to a delivery charge by the company doing the delivering.
Oh I see. Sorry, I misunderstood.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #879
mbh106
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliBelle View Post
they no longer allow grocery deliveries. there is a personal pantry you can order things from. Hope this helps.

http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/pantry.html
Ok thanks. Personal pantry is a nice option, but it's so limited. We'll need to make a grocery stop for water and organic milk. Does anyone know if any other boardwalk resorts sell organic milk or silk?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #880
dixie47
Earning My Ears

Garden Grove was good for character interaction. I personally don't think the food is a reason to go - but I feel like that about every character meal I've ever attended (and that's a lot!)

The waiter was wonderful. The prices quite high. Food was OK. There were 13 of us and 11 had no gluten issues. We were there on seafood night. Good and plentiful crablegs. Lobster half - very wet and stuffed with breading except for those of us gluten-free. Probably the worst lobster I've ever eaten! Peel n Eat shrimp. But, again, we didn't go for the food. It was not crowded and we spent lots of time with Chip n Dale, Goofy, and Pluto.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #881
kandb
DIS Veteran

We are going in Sept and already ordered our tickets thru undercover tourist. My niece might be joining us on the trip but won't know until the last week before we leave. We are staying at the dolphin. Where would be the most convenient place for us to purchase a 6 day pass for her? Anywhere on dolphin property? Thanks
Old 07-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #882
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb
We are going in Sept and already ordered our tickets thru undercover tourist. My niece might be joining us on the trip but won't know until the last week before we leave. We are staying at the dolphin. Where would be the most convenient place for us to purchase a 6 day pass for her? Anywhere on dolphin property? Thanks
There is a Disney desk right in the Dolphin lobby, near the car rental desk. We have used them in the past.

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 07-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #883
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Doing my happy single digit dance until the Swan --- checking in one week from today!

This will be our 8th stay at the WDW S/D.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #884
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
Doing my happy single digit dance until the Swan --- checking in one week from today!

This will be our 8th stay at the WDW S/D.
I'll check out one week from today!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #885
mayaflysmama
Earning My Ears

Has anyone ever rented a car, drove to the Dolphin, turned it in then did the same thing in reverse when they checked out? Just wondering if this would be an option to compare to town car service.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: