Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #736
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

I posted a picture on the first post on this thread.

Waving to Caroline, Dan and Karen!!!! I hope your summers are going great!

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD12 DS10
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 2010 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 2011BWV September 2011 BWV January 2012 AKL Villa's May 2012 SSR December 2012 May 2013 AKL BC Sept 2013AKL March 2014

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #737
MBELSANTI
Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
We didn't use the grocery stop last time because we used Garden Grocer. I think the pantry service was pretty new then. The prices look okay for the pantry service, at least compared to where I live in NYC, but the selection isn't broad enough for our needs. Otherwise I would use it. We are planning on using the grocery stop this time around with Tiffany.
Hi there, we just returned and sadly the S/D no longer allows Garden Grocer. I loved using this service in the past at WDW resorts, but they are not allowed at S/D any longer.

Swan 06/12; SSR 08/09;1st Trip Home! VWL 2/08; BCV/ BWV/Pop 08/08; Christmas/NYE BWV 12/08; Wilderness Lodge 7 Night Trip w/PP Party 8/07;
Magic 7 Day Cruise to 3 C's Including 2 stops to CC!!! 8/06;POP 8/04, 2/08, 8/08, 12/08;
Wonder 10/01,10/00,10/99;CBR 10/99; ASSports 10/01,10/00,9/99,9/97; Offsite 83; Contemporary 81,77,76,74,73,72
MBELSANTI is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #738
mbh106
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReganlovesWDW View Post
I searched hard to find a picture of the waterslide and was unsuccessful but I can tell you it was AWESOME! Both my kids and I thought so. It is monitored by staff so there is no line jumping and it keeps everyone safe. You end in the 3.5 feet end so smaller kids are okay getting to the ladder. My kids thought it was better than the one at Wilderness Lodge (that is all we have to compare it to).
Thanks for the info. That's just what I needed to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
I posted a picture on the first post on this thread.

Waving to Caroline, Dan and Karen!!!! I hope your summers are going great!

Thanks so much for the picture. Looks like fun. I'm sure my kids will love it!
mbh106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #739
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Back at you Robin!

staying OT: The photo of the Cabana Bar is our first stop upon arrival for a light lunch. Our room is not usually ready because we arrive at MCO at 9:30 am.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #740
tina.tina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by here_and_there View Post
Yes, you can do that. I booked my next stay just like that. You need to book the points part first, as the hotel staff cannot do that, then call the hotel and ask to add the stay connected room.
My parents just booked 2 rooms for 5 nights for next June with points. It would work out better for all of us if we did the stay connected & we pay cash for our room. Can we book that for next year now? Or have the rates for next year been released?

TIA!! My parents are new to SPG & none of us have stayed at the Swan before. We're all excited!!!
tina.tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #741
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
Back at you Robin!

staying OT: The photo of the Cabana Bar is our first stop upon arrival for a light lunch. Our room is not usually ready because we arrive at MCO at 9:30 am.
Usually OUR first stop, too! . Wonder if it will be warm enough in January? We usually come in JUNE!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale and 1/2014 Dolphin
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #742
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemc921 View Post
Please, please take a lot of pictures of your suite! We have the same suite booked for a stay during Christmas and New Years and can't wait to see what it looks like!

Thanks!
We did, and I will post them when we get back home! We really LOVED everyone at the resort!

It seems as though the suites are all in the same location, but just on different floors because we were on the 9th floor originally and then they moved us to the exact same rooms, but on the 7th floor. I can't say it's a "great" area view-wise, but it's not bad.

If you're looking at the front of the Dolphin, look at the far right 'arm' that sticks out. If you look in the corner where that arm meets the center section, that's where our room was. We were on the 7th floor. The room with two doubles was actually IN the corner and your view was a wall and palm trees, then the main living area and the King room were the first two windows from the arm going toward the center.
(I took pictures of the views and room location so this might make more sense when I can post the pics )
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #743
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Sounds great, SRU!!

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #744
mbh106
Mouseketeer

How do EMH work at the Dolphin? Does everyone get KTTW cards just like at the Disney resorts? Also, when I made my reservation online, it only asked how many adults were staying in the room, but had no place to enter the children (unless I missed it). Do I just tell them how many children when I check in?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #745
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh106 View Post
How do EMH work at the Dolphin? Does everyone get KTTW cards just like at the Disney resorts? Also, when I made my reservation online, it only asked how many adults were staying in the room, but had no place to enter the children (unless I missed it). Do I just tell them how many children when I check in?
We only got 2 keys and went to am EMH several times and it was never an issue. Dds are 12 and 10 and they were never questioned about not having a key.

Emily
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #746
Dan Murphy
We are family.

You can ask for as many room key cards as you want/need.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net
April 26-May 3, see you there?

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #747
olive
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina.tina View Post
My parents just booked 2 rooms for 5 nights for next June with points. It would work out better for all of us if we did the stay connected & we pay cash for our room. Can we book that for next year now? Or have the rates for next year been released?

TIA!! My parents are new to SPG & none of us have stayed at the Swan before. We're all excited!!!
Online it only shows that Stay Connected is for 2012; I called last week to check in again and they reiterated that I couldn't book that rate for 2013 yet. It sounds like your whole party - both rooms - will have the same check in and check out dates. This is apparently a requirement for Stay Connected; we are going to have different check in and check out dates than my parents, so it turns out we won't be able to use this rate. You can check under special offers on the S/D website page for when Stay Connected becomes available for 2013.

Good luck! Enjoy your first Swan stay!
olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #748
shanemc921
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We did, and I will post them when we get back home! We really LOVED everyone at the resort!

It seems as though the suites are all in the same location, but just on different floors because we were on the 9th floor originally and then they moved us to the exact same rooms, but on the 7th floor. I can't say it's a "great" area view-wise, but it's not bad.

If you're looking at the front of the Dolphin, look at the far right 'arm' that sticks out. If you look in the corner where that arm meets the center section, that's where our room was. We were on the 7th floor. The room with two doubles was actually IN the corner and your view was a wall and palm trees, then the main living area and the King room were the first two windows from the arm going toward the center.
(I took pictures of the views and room location so this might make more sense when I can post the pics )

Woohoo! Can't wait to see your pictures! Thanks so much! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
shanemc921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #749
teacher31
DIS Veteran

I just booked an executive suite for a long weekend. The guy on the phone said that one room had two doubles and the living room had a pull out sofa & a murphy bed. Does anyone know where I can find a floor plan? Looked online and it didn't match what was told to me, but I remember others having the same confusion. Any help would be great!
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
teacher31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #750
mbh106
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_mom View Post
We only got 2 keys and went to am EMH several times and it was never an issue. Dds are 12 and 10 and they were never questioned about not having a key.

Emily
Wow, so you can just show them one or two room keys and the whole family can go on rides during EMH? That's really surprising considering how strict they usually are. When we were staying on property one time my husband and daughter stayed for pm EMH, but I still had her card with me. They weren't allowed to go on any rides because they only had one KTTW card so they left. I guess I'll ask for keys for all of us just in case we encounter a problem. Thanks for the info.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: