Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #721
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Good to see you, Jennais.

This might be helpful also.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Walking-Distances.htm

S/D is in lower left, IG is in upper right. You can drag and rotate, zoom in and out to get better/different views.

http://binged.it/MHwkgF

If using the Dolphin exit mentioned above, you can not reenter there. You need to go to the main entrance under the big peak. If you are staying in the Swan, you can also request east wing (I always do) and exit, and generally reenter, out and into the east wing, walking briefly through entrance area of IL Mulino restaurant. The swan is also much more compact, less walking. However, Picabu 24/7 quick service is at the Dolphin.

Yes they do. They used to have one for both hot and cold drinks. They now have one for each. I have one from a few years ago that was complimentary when I checked in. I have never used it yet. My understanding is that they are good on subsequent trips (that's what I heard). I know the one I have has all the restaurant names and logos on them I thought it was refillable anywhere. But I also read only at Picabu. Not sure what is correct. They are purchased at Picabu. I do not know the price.
Thank you! Can anyone verify if the mugs can be used all over or just at Picabu? Also, how much are they?

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #722
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

seriously considering the dolphin for our early december stay.... what does limited view room mean? do all the rooms have a balcony? I love balconies... is there anything I could request while reserving?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #723
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
seriously considering the dolphin for our early december stay.... what does limited view room mean? do all the rooms have a balcony? I love balconies... is there anything I could request while reserving?
No, they don't. A balcony is a separate room category that you can pay for, or you could hope for an upgrade if the hotel isn't full.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #724
shanemc921
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We arrived at the Dolphin today around 2:45 and I am thoroughly amazed with the staff (cast members?) here! There was a maintenance issue with our suite and we walked in on the workers ( after we were told our room was ready.) After about 40 minutes of standing in the hallway with bell services, unloading the bell cart into one room, reloading the bell cart and being moved to another room, we were finally all settled. Everyone was so nice and soooo apologetic! I am also so glad we used bell services because Cary was right on top of everything and spent all his time getting it figured out for us. He's incredible!!!
We also got 2 calls from someone named Gail about switching rooms and she was so sweet and even called us back later to thank us for being so sweet. Loved her!!!

We just toured the resort and went to DTD tonight. Let me know if anyone has any questions while I'm here

Please, please take a lot of pictures of your suite! We have the same suite booked for a stay during Christmas and New Years and can't wait to see what it looks like!

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #725
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone,

Has anyone taken the Swan/Dolphin town car service to/from the airport? Any idea on rates? Considering a stay here next month and trying to figure out my airport transportation options.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #726
olive
Mouseketeer

We have used Tiffany towncar. I don't remember perfectly, but I think the rate was around $100-110 RT. We used a coupon on their website. Everything went smoothly and we plan on using them again for our next trip. A grocery stop was included. They met us in baggage claim a the airport. We had done a split stay with Poly, and preferred to use Tiffany for the return trip rather than ME, which we have had some nightmares with in the past getting to the airport.

Good luck!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #727
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
We have used Tiffany towncar. I don't remember perfectly, but I think the rate was around $100-110 RT. We used a coupon on their website. Everything went smoothly and we plan on using them again for our next trip. A grocery stop was included. They met us in baggage claim a the airport. We had done a split stay with Poly, and preferred to use Tiffany for the return trip rather than ME, which we have had some nightmares with in the past getting to the airport.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #728
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

We have used Tiffany Town Car on our last 5 trips to the S/D. Service is terrific. We are using them again for our late July trip to the Swan.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #729
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
We have used Tiffany Town Car on our last 5 trips to the S/D. Service is terrific. We are using them again for our late July trip to the Swan.
Awesome, thanks! Do you usually use the grocery stop? We'd like to pickup a few things. I noticed the S/D pantry service...guessing that would be much more expensive than a grocery stop.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #730
olive
Mouseketeer

We didn't use the grocery stop last time because we used Garden Grocer. I think the pantry service was pretty new then. The prices look okay for the pantry service, at least compared to where I live in NYC, but the selection isn't broad enough for our needs. Otherwise I would use it. We are planning on using the grocery stop this time around with Tiffany.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #731
Mouseteacher
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stini228 View Post
Awesome, thanks! Do you usually use the grocery stop? We'd like to pickup a few things. I noticed the S/D pantry service...guessing that would be much more expensive than a grocery stop.
Yes, we stop at the Publix which is equivalent to my supermarket at home.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #732
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Hey Karen - you don't have that much longer to go!!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #733
Mouseteacher
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
Hey Karen - you don't have that much longer to go!!!!
Hi, Caroline! I know... we leave at the end of July. Part of me can't wait and yet...I don't want to rush the summer.

How are you? I hope your time in WDW was wonderful.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #734
mbh106
Mouseketeer

In the description of the pools at the beginning of this thread is says the Grotto pool has a waterslide. I haven't been able to find photos anywhere of a waterslide at the Dolphin, so I just wanted to confirm that it does indeed have one, right? Also, does anyone have any photos or links to photos of what it looks like?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #735
ReganlovesWDW
Earning My Ears

Grotto swimming pool

I searched hard to find a picture of the waterslide and was unsuccessful but I can tell you it was AWESOME! Both my kids and I thought so. It is monitored by staff so there is no line jumping and it keeps everyone safe. You end in the 3.5 feet end so smaller kids are okay getting to the ladder. My kids thought it was better than the one at Wilderness Lodge (that is all we have to compare it to).
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: