Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #676
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
.......Will our package get lost in the Dolphin business package room in the next 4 days ?...
You should have no problems at all.
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #677
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Pooh2001 & MBELSANTI:

Oh no! It looks like we're all going to potentially get Tropical Storm Debby! We bought cheapo dollar store ponchos to use and throw away as needed, but I guess we need to pull out the big guns! Travel Safely, Pooh2001, and MBELSANTI, enjoy the days of sun leading up to it


The good news is that the S & D have SO much to do inside that if we're trapped for a day, we'll be fine The last time I experienced a Tropical Storm in WDW we were staying at Pop Century. We were basically just stuck in our room for a day and it was difficult to go anywhere.
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #678
SleepingBeauty69
Earning My Ears
 
SleepingBeauty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Woodcutter's Cottage in the Forest
Posts: 48

No Garden Grocer

Just FYI [and sorry if this is posted already] - I received an email response today from the Swan confirming that they do NOT accept deliveries from Garden Grocer. Their response is below I do not personally find the selection from the Personal Pantry offered here to fit our needs.....

Thank you for recent inquiry of The Swan and Dolphin Resort. The hotel offers the personal pantry which is an in house delivery service of food and snack items.
They may be contacted at 407-934-6087 for further information. Our guest rooms are equipped with mini refrigerators.
The Swan and Dolphin does not accept deliveries from Garden Grocer or any outside vendors.
Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any further assistance.

Have a refreshing day !

Bob McGovern- Concierge
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
P: 407-934-4025 F: 407-934-4867
SleepingBeauty69 is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #679
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears
 
LexiC123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: city of 10 million dreams...and one parking space!
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty69 View Post
Just FYI [and sorry if this is posted already] - I received an email response today from the Swan confirming that they do NOT accept deliveries from Garden Grocer. Their response is below I do not personally find the selection from the Personal Pantry offered here to fit our needs.....

Thank you for recent inquiry of The Swan and Dolphin Resort. The hotel offers the personal pantry which is an in house delivery service of food and snack items.
They may be contacted at 407-934-6087 for further information. Our guest rooms are equipped with mini refrigerators.
The Swan and Dolphin does not accept deliveries from Garden Grocer or any outside vendors.
Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any further assistance.

Have a refreshing day !

Bob McGovern- Concierge
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
P: 407-934-4025 F: 407-934-4867
Yes, unfortunately, that policy was put into effect a few months ago.

Have you made arrangements for your transportation from the airport to the hotel yet? Most of the towncar companies offer a free 20-min stop at a grocery story (Publix), where you can pick up whatever you need.
__________________
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....
12/14 Swan

DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
LexiC123 is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #680
SleepingBeauty69
Earning My Ears
 
SleepingBeauty69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Woodcutter's Cottage in the Forest
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
Yes, unfortunately, that policy was put into effect a few months ago.

Have you made arrangements for your transportation from the airport to the hotel yet? Most of the towncar companies offer a free 20-min stop at a grocery story (Publix), where you can pick up whatever you need.
We haven't secured transportation yet [I actually keep forgetting about this bc we're accustomed to using DME!!], but that's a great idea!!! Thank you!!!
SleepingBeauty69 is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #681
olive
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 493

We had a great experience with Garden Grocer at our last stay at the Dolphin, but are planning on taking advantage of the grocery stop on our upcoming trip. The pantry service looks useful, but it wouldn't fully meet our needs, either.
olive is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #682
olive
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 493

Because sometimes (often?) folks on here seem to know more than whoever happens to pick up the phone, does anyone know if you can book a room on points and then get a stay connected rate for a second room? Or does the first room have to be cash?

Thanks!
olive is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #683
MBELSANTI
Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!
 
MBELSANTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 1,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Pooh2001 & MBELSANTI:

Oh no! It looks like we're all going to potentially get Tropical Storm Debby! We bought cheapo dollar store ponchos to use and throw away as needed, but I guess we need to pull out the big guns! Travel Safely, Pooh2001, and MBELSANTI, enjoy the days of sun leading up to it


The good news is that the S & D have SO much to do inside that if we're trapped for a day, we'll be fine The last time I experienced a Tropical Storm in WDW we were staying at Pop Century. We were basically just stuck in our room for a day and it was difficult to go anywhere.
Oh no is right lol! Well to be honest, we used to travel here and Disney cruises at the hight of hurricane season in aug, sept, so we have been on the tail end or begining of so many. Back in I think it was 08 or 09 we spent the entire week under Faye...you could even see the eye as she passed over and then stopped and lingered over us the whole trip. We have the good ponchos that we keep in our OL and use each year. I just left mine on Haunted Mansion last night and the CM was nice enough to give me a voucher for a new one! Note though that the quality keeps going down on these! They are much thinner than the ones that we bought 4-5 yrs ago. The best were the yellow Mickey ponchos which I still have one of back home. It seems to always rain when we are here, so we just don our ponchos and keep going!!

SRUAlmn, I hope you have the same magical vacation that we are having! And thank you again for the Garden Grove cert...we have our ADR there for Sat. night!
__________________
šOš MARIE šOš

Swan 06/12; SSR 08/09;1st Trip Home! VWL 2/08; BCV/ BWV/Pop 08/08; Christmas/NYE BWV 12/08; Wilderness Lodge 7 Night Trip w/PP Party 8/07;
Magic 7 Day Cruise to 3 C's Including 2 stops to CC!!! 8/06;POP 8/04, 2/08, 8/08, 12/08;
Wonder 10/01,10/00,10/99;CBR 10/99; ASSports 10/01,10/00,9/99,9/97; Offsite 83; Contemporary 81,77,76,74,73,72

Last edited by MBELSANTI; 06-21-2012 at 05:26 PM.
MBELSANTI is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #684
MBELSANTI
Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!
 
MBELSANTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 1,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty69 View Post
Just FYI [and sorry if this is posted already] - I received an email response today from the Swan confirming that they do NOT accept deliveries from Garden Grocer. Their response is below I do not personally find the selection from the Personal Pantry offered here to fit our needs.....

Thank you for recent inquiry of The Swan and Dolphin Resort. The hotel offers the personal pantry which is an in house delivery service of food and snack items.
They may be contacted at 407-934-6087 for further information. Our guest rooms are equipped with mini refrigerators.
The Swan and Dolphin does not accept deliveries from Garden Grocer or any outside vendors.
Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any further assistance.

Have a refreshing day !

Bob McGovern- Concierge
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
P: 407-934-4025 F: 407-934-4867
I was so disappointed to find this out too as we have used them our last 5 or 6 trips and found it to be amazing. Now not having the dining plan we really needed the extra items to save some money OOP. Since guests at S/D are not on the dining plan, I bet many were ordering from there and the amount of deliveries and items to store were a nightmare. If you think about it, every time we place an order, that is money that the hotels, parks are losing. I was always surprised that Disney hotels would do it...and have the extra fridge space to store all of the perishables. We did go to the Screen Door on the boardwalk and picked up bagels, doughnuts and 1/2 gal milk for the mornings. The prices were a bit crazy, but not as bad as buying individual milks at the park.
__________________
šOš MARIE šOš

Swan 06/12; SSR 08/09;1st Trip Home! VWL 2/08; BCV/ BWV/Pop 08/08; Christmas/NYE BWV 12/08; Wilderness Lodge 7 Night Trip w/PP Party 8/07;
Magic 7 Day Cruise to 3 C's Including 2 stops to CC!!! 8/06;POP 8/04, 2/08, 8/08, 12/08;
Wonder 10/01,10/00,10/99;CBR 10/99; ASSports 10/01,10/00,9/99,9/97; Offsite 83; Contemporary 81,77,76,74,73,72
MBELSANTI is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #685
kandb
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,278

It's official. We have switched from CSR to the dolphin. We are coming in Sept with my family and my mom in a 2nd room. We had free dining at CSR and I just priced out our vacation for the dolphin (for all of us) and we have $1400 for food for 7 nights (that is how much extra CSR was going to be). We got terrific rates at the dolphin (127.20 and 119.00/per night). I guess "free dining" really isn't that "free". I am so excited about staying at the dolphin. I love the idea of being walking distance to HS and epcot. We can spend time on the boardwalk. Are there any other things to do nearby? I know there is minature golf. Does anyone know how much it is? Are there any other activities around the resort? Thanks for all the help. Looking forward to a great vacation.
kandb is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #686
here_and_there
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Because sometimes (often?) folks on here seem to know more than whoever happens to pick up the phone, does anyone know if you can book a room on points and then get a stay connected rate for a second room? Or does the first room have to be cash?

Thanks!
Yes, you can do that. I booked my next stay just like that. You need to book the points part first, as the hotel staff cannot do that, then call the hotel and ask to add the stay connected room.
here_and_there is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #687
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBELSANTI View Post
Oh no is right lol! Well to be honest, we used to travel here and Disney cruises at the hight of hurricane season in aug, sept, so we have been on the tail end or begining of so many. Back in I think it was 08 or 09 we spent the entire week under Faye...you could even see the eye as she passed over and then stopped and lingered over us the whole trip. We have the good ponchos that we keep in our OL and use each year. I just left mine on Haunted Mansion last night and the CM was nice enough to give me a voucher for a new one! Note though that the quality keeps going down on these! They are much thinner than the ones that we bought 4-5 yrs ago. The best were the yellow Mickey ponchos which I still have one of back home. It seems to always rain when we are here, so we just don our ponchos and keep going!!

SRUAlmn, I hope you have the same magical vacation that we are having! And thank you again for the Garden Grove cert...we have our ADR there for Sat. night!
Yes, I agree about the rain! Thankfully we know this in advance, so we're bringing the heavy duty rain gear

Thanks for the magical wishes! I'm taking a grad class and have my final tomorrow and then I can be excited It's been hard to try to finish all my course work and pack at the same time! I'll be READY for some relaxation. Maybe falling asleep to the sound of POURING rain outside our Dolphin window will be soothing. Ha! Enjoy your dinner!!!
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #688
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,516

Have a super trip, SRU!!!
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #689
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!
 
Jennasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The Triad, NC
Posts: 24,818

Parents are looking into staying at Dolphin for the food and Wine Classic in OCtober. Couple of questions...

Can they get DME from the airport?

What ID is required to get a government rate (my mother works for the town)?

If no DME, what's the best way to get there from MCO?
__________________
Jennasis is online now  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #690
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Have a super trip, SRU!!!
Thanks so much, Dan!! And thanks for all of your HELPFUL advice and tips!
Our trip will be even greater thanks to all the wonderful people on this thread!
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: