Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #646
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Yes, you can, and from what I recall in previous posts the pick up location is Daisy's Garden?
Or Disney Cabanas, for those who might be staying at the Swan.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #647
kandb
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dan for the info on the SPG kids food program. It's interesting, but don't know if we will join because, alot of our meals will be consumed in the parks. It's a good idea on Sheraton's part, trying to get the parents along with their children, into THEIR restaurants.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #648
kandb
DIS Veteran

Can anyone post how long the walk is to Epcot and HS from the dolphin?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #649
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
I'd say 10-15 minutes. Obviously depends on how fast you walk.

Its almost always faster to walk than take the boat to/from Epcot because there are two stops before getting to your destination. OTOH, the boat to HS is probably faster.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #650
wood145
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
I called - they said the new frigs in the S/D have real mini refrigerators. Small square ones, not rectangular dorm ones.

From what I have read, leave the dresser door open, where the mini-frig is, to keep the compressor working correctly.

We will see in 5 days
Thanks! Hope you have a great trip!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #651
wood145
Mouseketeer

@ Dan Murphy

THanks for the info! Can't believe we are leaving tomorrow!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #652
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Walking-Distances.htm

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #653
kandb
DIS Veteran

Another question, any suggestions for places to eat for dinner in the swan/dolphin area? I know all the restaurants in EP but was just wondering of any good restaurants in the boardwalk area? Thanks
Old 06-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #654
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

BW eats - we like the Pizza window, now near Spoodles. A bit expensive, $20 for a pizza pie, but a nice 'cheap' CS meal for a family of 4.
The BW bakery is great in the AM, may run out by the afternoon.
The BW General Store has some food - snack items you can bring back to your S/D room.
=================================================

Quick question -
We arrive this Saturday, 6/23.

Our package we mailed to the Dolphin, using USPS, arrived at the Orlando post office, Monday, 6/18.

The Dolphin business office will acquire all their packages at the post office today, 6/19. I called they said they do a post office run for packages every weekday.

Will our package get lost in the Dolphin business package room in the next 4 days ?

I know I pay the Dolphin business office $10 to hold and retrieve my USPS package. It is a USPS pay-one-price size B box, weighs 7 lbs 14.6ozs.

On all sides of the box I put my DH name (reservation is in his name, he is the teacher), our arrival date, and our reservation #.

Will that help them find our box, within a reasonable amount of time, when we arrive on 6-23 ?

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #655
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Another question...

I know I read in a previous post that the first time you charge something to your room they put a hold on your credit card for that amount x the number of nights you're staying. (Ex: If your first room charge is $20 and you're staying 7 nights, they'll put a $140 hold on your CC.) Is this correct? Is it only for the first room charge? What if your first charge is small, like $5?
It will only be that amount x the number of nights you stay. What I would want to avoid is charging a big expensive meal back to my room on the 1st night as they will assume you will be eating like that every night and hold the funds to cover it. In my case we don't do a big expensive sit down meal every night. My wallet and my waistline could never handle it.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #656
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
It will only be that amount x the number of nights you stay. What I would want to avoid is charging a big expensive meal back to my room on the 1st night as they will assume you will be eating like that every night and hold the funds to cover it. In my case we don't do a big expensive sit down meal every night. My wallet and my waistline could never handle it.
Thank you so much! We were trying to avoid the same thing. I doubt we'll have many big meals at all during our stay, but we might make room charges, so we'll just be sure our first one is small
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 06-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #657
MBELSANTI
Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!

Thumbs up We're here!!!!!

Hi guys, we arrived about 11am this morning. We were told that they would try to let us check in early and would call us when the room was ready. I booked a standard room, but the gal at the check in desk referred to the room as a Deluxe Garden View!!! We were so excited because I figured that was an upgrade. Well we didn't get the early check in after all, and we found out our room was ready when we charged some candy at the Dolphin. So we rushed over and the room has a balcony which we promptly checked out. Sadly the guy 2 balconies over was smoking and we went back in our room. I just took a shower and came out and looked out the window and what did I see???? Spaceship Earth!!!!! My son was like Mom I told you that before and you didn't say anything!! I will post pictures later on tonight as we are headed to Captain's Grille and DTD afterwards. I am surprising DS at dinner with a customer boyscout Mickey cake to celebrate his Eagle Scout accomplishment. I feel like a kid right now. I am so excited. Thanks to all you guys for answering all of my questions and being so patient!! Let me know if there is anything you want me to check out over the next week or if you want to see a picture of something and I will do my best!

Swan 06/12; SSR 08/09;1st Trip Home! VWL 2/08; BCV/ BWV/Pop 08/08; Christmas/NYE BWV 12/08; Wilderness Lodge 7 Night Trip w/PP Party 8/07;
Magic 7 Day Cruise to 3 C's Including 2 stops to CC!!! 8/06;POP 8/04, 2/08, 8/08, 12/08;
Wonder 10/01,10/00,10/99;CBR 10/99; ASSports 10/01,10/00,9/99,9/97; Offsite 83; Contemporary 81,77,76,74,73,72
Old 06-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #658
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBELSANTI View Post
Hi guys, we arrived about 11am this morning. We were told that they would try to let us check in early and would call us when the room was ready. I booked a standard room, but the gal at the check in desk referred to the room as a Deluxe Garden View!!! We were so excited because I figured that was an upgrade. Well we didn't get the early check in after all, and we found out our room was ready when we charged some candy at the Dolphin. So we rushed over and the room has a balcony which we promptly checked out. Sadly the guy 2 balconies over was smoking and we went back in our room. I just took a shower and came out and looked out the window and what did I see???? Spaceship Earth!!!!! My son was like Mom I told you that before and you didn't say anything!! I will post pictures later on tonight as we are headed to Captain's Grille and DTD afterwards. I am surprising DS at dinner with a customer boyscout Mickey cake to celebrate his Eagle Scout accomplishment. I feel like a kid right now. I am so excited. Thanks to all you guys for answering all of my questions and being so patient!! Let me know if there is anything you want me to check out over the next week or if you want to see a picture of something and I will do my best!
Have a wonderful time!!!!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 06-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #659
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY!!! So exciting!! We'll be there soon! Save us a good room Enjoy your dinner and cake
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)

Last edited by SRUAlmn; 06-19-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #660
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
I'm so excited for you! Hope you have a wonderful week, and we'll look forward to a full report and lots of pictures!
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....
12/14 Swan

DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: