Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #451
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissam2003 View Post
Just wondering if you combine your AAA & SPG and happen to get an upgrade does it normally happen closer to your stay?
No big deal if we don't get an upgrade but of course it would be nice!
It really depends on how busy (booked) the resort is. Upgrades can be given at any time. You could very well get an upgrade at the moment you check in.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #452
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf21 View Post
So the countdown begins, less than a month till we stay at Swan. Thanks to the nice suggestions on the board, the other night I called up Starwood and had my AAA membership linked to Starwood Card and they upgraded it. The man on the phone was SUPER nice, I mean really really nice. We had a lovely chat. Tonight, I logged in and my reservation no longer says limited view, it says Resort View! I take that as an upgrade )))

Happy Dance! Time to start booking restaurant reservations soon.. I know where we will go at Swan, but undecided where to go at Epicot... I think I liked France last time... nice food from what I recall.

Need to find a nice restaurant at one other hotel just for variety... I heard good things about California Grille? But I also heard there are tons of kids everywhere so maybe not.... Just the hubby and I. The one at the Grand Floridian is too pricey the one that has no kids... I want nice ambiance and good food and some kids is ok, just not crazy loud running all over the place... any suggestions? Boardwalk maybe, or is there a good one at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Fort Wilderness or Downtown Disney? So excited for trip. Short but sweet. I think I may rent a scooter too, I'm concerned about how the heat and walking will affect my RSD. (complex regional pain syndrome) Not looking forward to the lines, but I am determined to try and have a stress free break
If you want quiet, I would avoid Flying Fish and Narcoossee's. They're both lovely restaurants, but they are noisy.

I would suggest Citricos (GF) or Artists Point (WL.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #453
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

We have the most wonderful resort view facing the Yacht/Beach club and the Epcot Ball. Our Dolphin room is L shaped, at the very end of the corridor - 2 huge windows. My dgs thinks we have the best view ever.
All is great, so far. Looking forward to the rest of this trip.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #454
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
We have the most wonderful resort view facing the Yacht/Beach club and the Epcot Ball. Our Dolphin room is L shaped, at the very end of the corridor - 2 huge windows. My dgs thinks we have the best view ever.
Awesome! Have a wonderful vacation! (Don't forget pictures of your view! )

Old 05-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #455
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
Sounds great, Caroline, enjoy!!!

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #456
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

When people are talking about logging in and seeing that they received an upgrade, are they logging in to the Starwood site? How do you see your info? I clicked on My Stays, and it shows the dates we're staying at the Dolphin and then it says this:

We have found your reservation. It is not possible to display this particular reservation online. This is usually due to an unusual or complex rate or set of rates associated with the reservation in question. For questions regarding this reservation, please contact the Customer Contact Center nearest you.

We have a 2 bedroom grand suite booked, so I don't think we'd have an upgrade (unless they want to give us the Presidential , ) I just wanted to be sure I was looking in the right place!

PS. No more "months" in my ticker! YAY!!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 05-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #457
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Yeah, Caroline! I had that view on our Dolphin stay a few years ago. It is indeed awesome. It was the same year that I met Denise and a few other S/D lovers.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #458
Flews
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
When people are talking about logging in and seeing that they received an upgrade, are they logging in to the Starwood site? How do you see your info? I clicked on My Stays, and it shows the dates we're staying at the Dolphin and then it says this:

We have found your reservation. It is not possible to display this particular reservation online. This is usually due to an unusual or complex rate or set of rates associated with the reservation in question. For questions regarding this reservation, please contact the Customer Contact Center nearest you.

We have a 2 bedroom grand suite booked, so I don't think we'd have an upgrade (unless they want to give us the Presidential , ) I just wanted to be sure I was looking in the right place!

PS. No more "months" in my ticker! YAY!!!!
You never know. I was once upgraded to the Presidential (it has a baby grand piano); although this was at the Swan, not the Dolphin.

As for that "unusual or complex" message, try hitting the 'send confirmation' button. This should send the details of your reservation, including room type, to your email.

Good luck and enjoy your stay!

Cheers,
Old 05-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #459
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flews View Post
You never know. I was once upgraded to the Presidential (it has a baby grand piano); although this was at the Swan, not the Dolphin.

As for that "unusual or complex" message, try hitting the 'send confirmation' button. This should send the details of your reservation, including room type, to your email.

Good luck and enjoy your stay!

Cheers,
Thanks!! Headed over to SPG to try it now
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 05-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #460
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

That worked! Thanks, Flews! It says Grand Suite, so I guess we're good to go.

I did notice a few things, however. First, I know a few pages back we were debating the renovation rumors. When I checked our status it says this:

Grand suite: Suite,
Non-smoking,
480-840 sq. ft. / 45-78 m²,
Non-smoking,
Newly Renovated,
Plasma Screen Tv,
Mini-fridge

Does it always say that?

Also, every time I get an email "statement" from SPG, and when I check it online, it gives the total cost for the room. We got a teacher rate and paid SUBSTANTIALLY less than that amount. I called before and asked if we could get a statement of what we've paid and what we still owe, and they just emailed me that same reservation statement with the actual cost amount. How can I get a statement? Thanks!!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #461
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

All I investigated the 7th floor it is the same as the 15 th can't post pictures till I'm home.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #462
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

Seeing fireworks out my window in the distance(15th floor facing the swan). It's started about 9:30. Where are they from?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #463
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

I heard them too but can't see any out our windows. Could be at MK - can actually hear them again just now. Didn't look too carefully, cause they were there and I caught the tail end.

Spent the day at IoA - it was wonderful. Got to ride the Harry Potter -Forbidden Journey ride, amazingly our wait was not that long.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #464
MommyPoppins
A new saying!

It wasn't MK. Wishes was at 10 last night. Plus wrong direction. This was facing the Swan.

On a different note our "reaort" view upgrade is awesome. Love looking out at the boardwalk and world showcase. We have a great view of illuminations.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #465
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins View Post
It wasn't MK. Wishes was at 10 last night. Plus wrong direction. This was facing the Swan.

On a different note our "reaort" view upgrade is awesome. Love looking out at the boardwalk and world showcase. We have a great view of illuminations.
We are at the Dolphin also right now - great view looking out towards the Swan and Boardwalk with a view of Studios!

1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: