Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #406
kaceyisme
Just passing the time until my next trip
 
kaceyisme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
Attention Swan/Dolphin fans...SPG is giving away 100 free points on Facebook!
Like SPG? Like Starpoints? Then you’ll want to check this out. Visit www.spg.com/fb100K

to enter to win 100,000 Starpoints. Plus, each member will get 100 bonus Starpoints just for entering.
Thanks for the heads up!!
__________________
9/25/2014 - Four Magical Days at Tokyo Disney!!!!

1/4/2015 Disney Magic - Western Caribbean

9/23/2015 Adventures by Disney - Peru: Machu Picchu, Lima, Sacred Valley and Cusco
kaceyisme is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #407
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears
 
LexiC123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: city of 10 million dreams...and one parking space!
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
which hotel is a closer walk to Epcot? these look cool,and we've wandered through before,just looking..... I'm thinking it might be a good alternative to Beach Club...pricewise that is
There's a side door at the Dolphin that exits close to the Yacht Club that shortens the walk to Epcot considerably. The only problem is that the door is locked from the inside and you can't get back into the Dolphin without walking back to the main entrance (on the boat dock side of the building).

If you were to walk to Epcot via the Boardwalk, then the Swan is the closer of the two resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceyisme View Post
Thanks for the heads up!!
My pleasure!
__________________
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....
12/14 Swan

DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
LexiC123 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #408
melissam2003
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Franklin, Louisiana
Posts: 17

A few more ?'s

Thanks for the replies to my post!
I plan to book our stay for October TODAY!!

Is there anything more i should know as far as booking?
1.I've joined the SPG thanks to you guys
2. Just go through their discounts on their site to choose one correct? or is there another way of doing this?
3. Is it worth signing up for AAA or just continue with SPG (i do not qualify for any other discount)!
4. Anyone know any specific discounts for beginning of Oct

I'm happy just finding the SPG because I was booking no matter what at regular price until I found you guys!
melissam2003 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #409
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears
 
LexiC123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: city of 10 million dreams...and one parking space!
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissam2003 View Post
Thanks for the replies to my post!
I plan to book our stay for October TODAY!!

Is there anything more i should know as far as booking?
1.I've joined the SPG thanks to you guys
2. Just go through their discounts on their site to choose one correct? or is there another way of doing this?
3. Is it worth signing up for AAA or just continue with SPG (i do not qualify for any other discount)!
4. Anyone know any specific discounts for beginning of Oct

I'm happy just finding the SPG because I was booking no matter what at regular price until I found you guys!
I think AAA is worth the $58 fee. Quite often, the AAA rate is the best rate going for the S/D, depending on what time of year you're going. And if you link your AAA membership with your SPG membership, your status will be Preferred Plus, which gives you many of the same benefits as Gold status, including upgrades to enhanced rooms and late 4pm check-out (both upon availability).

There is also a AAA discount given (20%) at the following Swan/Dolphin restaurants:
GARDEN GROVE - Swan
SPLASH TERRACE & GRILL - Swan
FRESH - Dolphin
MEDITERRANEAN MARKET - Dolphin
THE FOUNTAIN - Dolphin
CABANA BAR AND BEACH CLUB - Dolphin
PICABU - Dolphin
As far a discounts go, I would recommend monitoring the S/D offers page on their website; sign up for the monthly newsletter; bookmark the Starpicks website ; and if you're on Facebook, 'like' the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin, Starwood Preferred Guest and Starwood Hotels Travel Exclusives.

Between all those sources, you should be able to keep on top of the best rates for the S/D.

Happy planning!
__________________
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....
12/14 Swan

DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
LexiC123 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #410
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
I think AAA is worth the $58 fee. Quite often, the AAA rate is the best rate going for the S/D, depending on what time of year you're going. And if you link your AAA membership with your SPG membership, your status will be Preferred Plus, which gives you many of the same benefits as Gold status, including upgrades to enhanced rooms and late 4pm check-out (both upon availability).

There is also a AAA discount given (20%) at the following Swan/Dolphin restaurants:
GARDEN GROVE - Swan
SPLASH TERRACE & GRILL - Swan
FRESH - Dolphin
MEDITERRANEAN MARKET - Dolphin
THE FOUNTAIN - Dolphin
CABANA BAR AND BEACH CLUB - Dolphin
PICABU - Dolphin
As far a discounts go, I would recommend monitoring the S/D offers page on their website; sign up for the monthly newsletter; bookmark the Starpicks website ; and if you're on Facebook, 'like' the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin, Starwood Preferred Guest and Starwood Hotels Travel Exclusives.

Between all those sources, you should be able to keep on top of the best rates for the S/D.

Happy planning!
Thank you for all the helpful information! Can you tell me how you link your AAA membership to your SPG account?
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #411
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 1,736

Yes, I would like to know how to link my AAA to my SPG account too.
Thanks!
Also,
I thought AAA members get a discount at Bluezoo too. Is that not the case?
__________________




*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #412
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears
 
LexiC123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: city of 10 million dreams...and one parking space!
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Thank you for all the helpful information! Can you tell me how you link your AAA membership to your SPG account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Yes, I would like to know how to link my AAA to my SPG account too.
Thanks!
Also,
I thought AAA members get a discount at Bluezoo too. Is that not the case?
Just call SPG at 888-625-4988 and tell them you'd like to link your AAA account (have your # handy) to your SPG membership.

And unfortunately, no...the S/D signature restaurants do not partake in the AAA discount.
__________________
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....
12/14 Swan

DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
LexiC123 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #413
melliej
Earning My Ears
 
melliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
Just call SPG at 888-625-4988 and tell them you'd like to link your AAA account (have your # handy) to your SPG membership.

And unfortunately, no...the S/D signature restaurants do not partake in the AAA discount.
I spoke with the concierge at the Swan/Dolphin before our trip in March.
She mentioned that you COULD get 10% off with a AAA membership at Il Mulino and if you made your reservation through AAA for Bluezoo, you could get 20% off there. We did not try either restaurant, but is certainly worth double checking with Swan/Dolphin or AAA for anyone interested.
__________________
SWAN: spring 2015 (hopefully)
SWAN: march 2013 • just a couple of days, but I will take what I can get!
SWAN: march 2012 • joined by my parents
YACHT CLUB: december 2010 • first disney trip for my husband & kids
CARIBBEAN BEACH: december 1997
CARIBBEAN BEACH: march 1989
melliej is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #414
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
Just call SPG at 888-625-4988 and tell them you'd like to link your AAA account (have your # handy) to your SPG membership.

And unfortunately, no...the S/D signature restaurants do not partake in the AAA discount.
Just called and had them linked! Thanks again for the help.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #415
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears
 
LexiC123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: city of 10 million dreams...and one parking space!
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliej View Post
I spoke with the concierge at the Swan/Dolphin before our trip in March.
She mentioned that you COULD get 10% off with a AAA membership at Il Mulino and if you made your reservation through AAA for Bluezoo, you could get 20% off there. We did not try either restaurant, but is certainly worth double checking with Swan/Dolphin or AAA for anyone interested.
Wow, I never knew that. It never occurred to me that dining reservations could be made through AAA. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Just called and had them linked! Thanks again for the help.
You're welcome...happy to help.
__________________
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC.....
12/14 Swan

DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
LexiC123 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #416
melliej
Earning My Ears
 
melliej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 67

[QUOTE=LexiC123;44958762]Wow, I never knew that. It never occurred to me that dining reservations could be made through AAA. Thanks for the tip.

I thought it sounded weird too, but that is what the concierge said. It seemed like not every Cast Member was aware of the discount when we were there, so I am sure it depends on who you talk to, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?
__________________
SWAN: spring 2015 (hopefully)
SWAN: march 2013 • just a couple of days, but I will take what I can get!
SWAN: march 2012 • joined by my parents
YACHT CLUB: december 2010 • first disney trip for my husband & kids
CARIBBEAN BEACH: december 1997
CARIBBEAN BEACH: march 1989
melliej is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #417
melissam2003
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Franklin, Louisiana
Posts: 17

Is there a way to link SPG & AAA accounts if they are under two different names but from same household?
Just wondering I'm sure the answer is no you'd have to have them as the same name.
melissam2003 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #418
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,520

The S/D signature do give the20% discount on Table in Wonderland holders (18% tip automatically added).
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #419
melissam2003
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Franklin, Louisiana
Posts: 17

I'm happy to say with all the help from you guys I finally booked our stay at the Dolphin for Oct 4-8th!!
melissam2003 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #420
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v
 
hsmamato2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiC123 View Post
There's a side door at the Dolphin that exits close to the Yacht Club that shortens the walk to Epcot considerably. The only problem is that the door is locked from the inside and you can't get back into the Dolphin without walking back to the main entrance (on the boat dock side of the building).

If you were to walk to Epcot via the Boardwalk, then the Swan is the closer of the two resorts.
interesting....thanks! on the maps, it looks like swan is farther.....or maybe I'm reading it wrong......
__________________
Ohana means family
hsmamato2 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: