Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #3706
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock1 View Post
Thanks! I did think of that and still not working.
Bummer!! Technology can be so
Old 04-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #3707
nuke
Life is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I don't know the answer, nuke, just hello though.
Hi Dan!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2014, 05:36 AM   #3708
klepton
Mouseketeer

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience in the hopes that it might help someone.

I went to link my reservation. I used the 9-digit confirmation number I received in my reservation email from Swan/Starwood. That reservation had my name a little different than I have it on Disney (Nathan vs. Nathaniel). My Swan reservation, booked over the phone with an SPG agent, also had my name and placeholders for my family, but not their names. So the Swan reservation had my name, then an unnamed adult and two unnamed children.

Disney found my reservation using the 9-digit confirmation number and my last name. It noticed my name didn't match and asked me to manually match it. I was also able to match the unnamed on the Swan reservation with my family in MDE.

After that, everything worked and the confirmation number on MDE is the same as my Swan one.

In my case, phone numbers on my accounts didn't match, so I was expecting to be kicked. But everything went through.

I already had an established MDE account with family members on it, so that might have been the difference in my case.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #3709
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzygirl View Post
Hi All. I am an old Swolphin fan from way back. Me and my Mom used to go every year for many years. The last time I was there was 2000. We always loved it. I'm heading back down in Oct with my DH and we are booked at the Yacht Club GV right now. I strolled over to this thread and now I'm thinking...should I switch to Dolphin/Swan????? I won't pay the current RR I have for the YC but if I can get the 35% RO discount with the room I want, then I'd stay at YC. I'm not a fan of the Dining Plan so FD really isn't a draw for me and we are taking a town car from the airport anyway.... So I was wondering is there a better rate than the $232 (or so) per night for a resort view room that I am seeing? I do like a nice view and prefer a balcony..any suggestions? I would even consider joing AAA if the discount rate is worth it. Help!!!
Make sure to sign up for the Swan/Dolphin recipe club. Not only do you get their free monthly newsletter with recipes in it you also qualify for their Recipe Club discount which is often the same or better than AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
Can anyone tell me what the current bathroom toiletries are? Trying to decide if I need to bring everything with me.
Westin white tea amenities at the Swan...shampoo, conditioner, 2 bars of soap a a lotion daily.

Dolphin I'm pretty sure is their Sheraton Shine amenities. Same products but with a citrus scent.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #3710
nuke
Life is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post

Westin white tea amenities at the Swan...shampoo, conditioner, 2 bars of soap a a lotion daily.

Dolphin I'm pretty sure is their Sheraton Shine amenities. Same products but with a citrus scent.
Thank you so much!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #3711
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I'm so excited about this. Last time we were there, they had the Shine products at the Swan. I was disappointed because I love the White Tea and Aloe scent that usually shows up in a Westin.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #3712
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
I'm so excited about this. Last time we were there, they had the Shine products at the Swan. I was disappointed because I love the White Tea and Aloe scent that usually shows up in a Westin.
That was my experience in the past too. I was just there in March and I was excited to see the Westin products.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #3713
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

Hello Swan and Dolphin travellers! I will be turning the thread over to Dan Murphy! He will be starting a new thread as this one is approaching the 250 mark. I have enjoyed being with all of you on this thread since 2007 and before. I still love the Swan and Dolphin, however since we joined Disney Vacation Club in 2005 we have stayed here less often. Dan is a great expert on Swan and Dolphin and a friend on these boards over the years! Happy planning to all of you!

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Boardwalk January 15

Old 04-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #3714
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
Hello Swan and Dolphin travellers! I will be turning the thread over to Dan Murphy! He will be starting a new thread as this one is approaching the 250 mark. I have enjoyed being with all of you on this thread since 2007 and before. I still love the Swan and Dolphin, however since we joined Disney Vacation Club in 2005 we have stayed here less often. Dan is a great expert on Swan and Dolphin and a friend on these boards over the years! Happy planning to all of you!
Thank you so much for doing such a grand job of maintaining the thread up till now

I'm sure Dan will do a fine job of following in your footsteps
Old 04-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #3715
Tigger2
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at the Swan in November. Will we be able to get customized Magic Bands before we leave?

CR CL 3/10/13 - 3/16/13 Ron's
DCL Fantasy 11/9/13 - 11/16/13
Old 04-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #3716
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger2 View Post
We will be staying at the Swan in November. Will we be able to get customized Magic Bands before we leave?
As of now, no, unless you have an annual pass of a previous stay at a Disney owned resort. . With all the changes however, who knows, it may change by then.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #3717
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
Thanks, Robin.

I asked for this thread to be closed now. Here is the new thread, number five.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3264274

Thanks again, Robin, for so many good years and threads here on the Swan/Dolphin Resort threads.

Dan

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: