Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #3691
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We ought to be able to get together again! Laura and i are there from the 25th-29th! (She might come in a few days earlier too.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Sounds like fun!
Looking forward to it!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #3692
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Yes. I have never used it but have read here many times of others doing that.
I've never used it either, but have also read of others using it. I'm counting on it in June, both transferring to the Swan and away from it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #3693
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

this is so helpful.... I was thinking of switching for a day or two, but couldn't figure out the 'getting bags from one to the other' part of it...
Has anyone ever used the pantry service? it seems like a more economical way to get some milk for our coffee and cereal in the room than than the gift shop
Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #3694
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
this is so helpful.... I was thinking of switching for a day or two, but couldn't figure out the 'getting bags from one to the other' part of it...
Has anyone ever used the pantry service? it seems like a more economical way to get some milk for our coffee and cereal in the room than than the gift shop
We used it for beer

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
Old 04-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #3695
McKelly
DIS Veteran

I have a ticket question. So, I have attached my Swan reservation on the MDE website successfully. I will need to buy tickets...should I do that right on the website? Will they automatically attach them to my reservation and then I get them when I arrive, or will they send me the tickets in the mail? And the Swan is still prebooking 60 days out right, just like onsite?
Old 04-14-2014, 02:02 AM   #3696
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
I have a ticket question. So, I have attached my Swan reservation on the MDE website successfully. I will need to buy tickets...should I do that right on the website? Will they automatically attach them to my reservation and then I get them when I arrive, or will they send me the tickets in the mail? And the Swan is still prebooking 60 days out right, just like onsite?
I purchased tickets from Disney off the website, and I believe I had to wait until they arrived to enter the ticket numbers and link them. I'm pretty sure they weren't in MDE automatically, and there were no ticket numbers on the email confirmation I received. The tickets came in the mail 10 days later.

Yes, as of 2 weeks ago they are booking exactly like on site Disney resorts...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #3697
kte28
Mouseketeer

Linking Reservation to MDE

I'm still so confused by the technical aspects of linking to MDE. I tried to link my reservation number to my MDE account and it didn't work. I talked to Disney. They told me my reservation number wasn't the right format, and I needed to call the Dolphin to get new ones. I call the Dolphin, and they told me the Disney rep was wrong, I had to use the original reservation number. But the Dolphin person said I also wouldn't be allowed to even start creating my MDE account until I had tickets in hand. Now I know that is false. I plan to get my tickets in advance, but I just wanted to start setting up the account with the hotel reservation at least. Has anyone else had such a problem? The ONLY thing I can think might be hindering me is that my father initiated the reservation. So both my and my parents' hotel rooms are his first and last name.

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #3698
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kte28 View Post
I'm still so confused by the technical aspects of linking to MDE. I tried to link my reservation number to my MDE account and it didn't work. I talked to Disney. They told me my reservation number wasn't the right format, and I needed to call the Dolphin to get new ones. I call the Dolphin, and they told me the Disney rep was wrong, I had to use the original reservation number. But the Dolphin person said I also wouldn't be allowed to even start creating my MDE account until I had tickets in hand. Now I know that is false. I plan to get my tickets in advance, but I just wanted to start setting up the account with the hotel reservation at least. Has anyone else had such a problem? The ONLY thing I can think might be hindering me is that my father initiated the reservation. So both my and my parents' hotel rooms are his first and last name.
I used my original Swan reservation number that I received when we made the reservation before you could link it. It is a 9 digit number. Are you sure your number is correct and that you are entering it correctly?

Also, be sure that your name is on the reservation. I did have some problem linking because the names weren't exactly alike. One time my husband made the reservation and the children and I arrived several hours ahead of him due to his work schedule. The hotel would not let me check in because my name was not on the reservation, only 2 adults and 2 children. He had to call and add my name to the reservation.

Good luck!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #3699
kte28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
I used my original Swan reservation number that I received when we made the reservation before you could link it. It is a 9 digit number. Are you sure your number is correct and that you are entering it correctly?

Also, be sure that your name is on the reservation. I did have some problem linking because the names weren't exactly alike. One time my husband made the reservation and the children and I arrived several hours ahead of him due to his work schedule. The hotel would not let me check in because my name was not on the reservation, only 2 adults and 2 children. He had to call and add my name to the reservation.

Good luck!
Thanks SA_mom. I know I had the correct 9 digit number and even confirmed them with the Dolphin rep on the phone. It must be due to the names. I'll have to get that fixed and see if it corrects the problem. Thanks for your help!

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #3700
Ozzygirl
Mouseketeer

Hi All. I am an old Swolphin fan from way back. Me and my Mom used to go every year for many years. The last time I was there was 2000. We always loved it.

I'm heading back down in Oct with my DH and we are booked at the Yacht Club GV right now. I strolled over to this thread and now I'm thinking...should I switch to Dolphin/Swan?????

I won't pay the current RR I have for the YC but if I can get the 35% RO discount with the room I want, then I'd stay at YC. I'm not a fan of the Dining Plan so FD really isn't a draw for me and we are taking a town car from the airport anyway....

So I was wondering is there a better rate than the $232 (or so) per night for a resort view room that I am seeing? I do like a nice view and prefer a balcony..any suggestions? I would even consider joing AAA if the discount rate is worth it.

Help!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #3701
nuke
Life is Good

Can anyone tell me what the current bathroom toiletries are? Trying to decide if I need to bring everything with me.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #3702
jabberwock1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kte28 View Post
Thanks SA_mom. I know I had the correct 9 digit number and even confirmed them with the Dolphin rep on the phone. It must be due to the names. I'll have to get that fixed and see if it corrects the problem. Thanks for your help!
I have been on and off the phone with the Swan and My Disney Experience people for a couple of days. They cannot get my Swan reservation number to link to MDE. They said I am not the only one with this issue. Swan has told me twice that they would be resubmitting my reservation number and to try again in 24 hours. Still no dice.

Today, I was on hold with MDE tech support for 20+ minutes while they called the Swan and then escalated my issue to some other tech support team. I am supposed to hear from them within 72 hours. Frustrating to say the least.

So, this morning I booked a second reservation under my name at the Swan (the first was under my husband's). Maybe that one will work. Nothing yet. When I try to link it to MDE, I get the standard message that Swan and Dolphin reservations may take up to 24 hours to link. So, hopefully that is the case and my second confirmation number will actually work tomorrow. Then I can just cancel the first reservation.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #3703
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock1 View Post
I have been on and off the phone with the Swan and My Disney Experience people for a couple of days. They cannot get my Swan reservation number to link to MDE. They said I am not the only one with this issue. Swan has told me twice that they would be resubmitting my reservation number and to try again in 24 hours. Still no dice.

Today, I was on hold with MDE tech support for 20+ minutes while they called the Swan and then escalated my issue to some other tech support team. I am supposed to hear from them within 72 hours. Frustrating to say the least.

So, this morning I booked a second reservation under my name at the Swan (the first was under my husband's). Maybe that one will work. Nothing yet. When I try to link it to MDE, I get the standard message that Swan and Dolphin reservations may take up to 24 hours to link. So, hopefully that is the case and my second confirmation number will actually work tomorrow. Then I can just cancel the first reservation.
Double check your phone number. Mine wouldn't link at first, but I went on the SPG website, and I didn't even have a phone number listed on there. If I recall correctly, the MDE website asks for a phone number to help pull up the reservation, right? After I updated the phone number, I waited 24 hours and then it worked.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #3704
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
Can anyone tell me what the current bathroom toiletries are? Trying to decide if I need to bring everything with me.
I don't know the answer, nuke, just hello though.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #3705
jabberwock1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
Double check your phone number. Mine wouldn't link at first, but I went on the SPG website, and I didn't even have a phone number listed on there. If I recall correctly, the MDE website asks for a phone number to help pull up the reservation, right? After I updated the phone number, I waited 24 hours and then it worked.
Thanks! I did think of that and still not working.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: