Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #3676
MiamiMere
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kte28 View Post
The Dolphin does serve pizza on their room service menu:

12" Pizza - fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, sweet basil.

Additional toppings: cheddar, fontina, pepperoni, sausage, grilled chicken, bacon, ham, mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, tomato , jalapeno, pineapple.

One topping: Add $1.00
Three toppings: Add $2.50 $14.00

Also, their counter service restaurant, Picabu, is open 24 hours and serves pizza as well. You can get it there or you can get it to go and bring it back to your room.

Not 100% sure on the pool thing. I know we've always kept a cooler in our room stocked with water and other adult beverages, but I've never tried to bring it down to the pool.

It does share a bus route with Swan, Boardwalk, and Yacht/Beach. I can't recall the exact route. It's towards the beginning going one way and at the end going the other.
Thank you, very helpful information. I was wondering if walking to Boardwalk pizza was our closest option, but definitely going one of these routes for a "cheaper" dinner night!!!

2013 - Dolphin
2011 - AKL
2001 - Grand Floridian (Executive Disney Program)
1997 - Off-site (Marched in Disney parade)

(7) (3)
Old 04-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #3677
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMere View Post
More questions for the Dolphin pros, headed there in under a month!!! Does the Dolphin have room delivery pizza options? I know that you can order pizza and have delivered at the other Disney resorts. Also, any restrictions on coolers/drinks at the pool? We are planning on bringing soft-sided cooler and plastic/aluminum cans to the pool. Are we going to get in trouble if we don't buy drinks from the pool bar and bring our own? What is the bus route like to MK? I think Dolphin shares a bus with Swan/Beach club/Boardwalk. How long does it take to get to MK and return trip? We are debated on driving vs. buses for our MK day. Thanks
We've brought waters and canned drinks in our soft cooler several times, plus an insulated jug of tea, with no issues. But the Cabana Bar gives free soda refills (even if you eat over by the big pool) in case you decide to get them there. I've walked to Boardwalk Bakery for sandwiches, and taken our own drinks, to eat by the Dolphin pool a few times now. Love it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #3678
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Good morning from the Dolphin!

I got here yesterday morning. Had to wait several hours for my room, but I am very happy! I have a room with a king, sofa, a window and 2 balconies! (although they do need to wash the window!)

I was expecting 70s and 80s for my stay and couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble dealing with the heat, until I watched the news last night. It hit 91 here!

Today will be stormy, but the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and temps in the 70s and 80s!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #3679
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Hi,
I am new to the Swan and Dolphin. First time this Oct! I've already learned no Magical Express. Disappointing, but we can live with it. I've only used the wristbands/my Disney Experience once before and I'm not quite sure about it.

1. Will I be using my same wristbands from last time or do they send me new ones?
2. I have to register the tickets that I bought first, right?
3. How many days in advance can I pick fastpasses?
4. My husband will be at a conference there. If we buy him one day after 4pm conference tickets, then can we pick his fastpasses at the same time as ours or is it different because he has a one day pass?
5. Are people still having difficulty getting their Swan or Dolphin reservation attached to their My Disney Experience? Mine won't link. I'm going to call as soon as I'm done typing this.
6. How far in advance can I make ADRs? Usually we don't make ADRs, we just eat wherever, but this time we are more pressed for time since my husband is working part of the time.
7. What does 180+10 mean?

Thank you so much!
We are looking forward to trying out this new hotel.
Boardwalk Port Orleans French Quarter Art of Animation
Dolphin

And this is for DD...
Old 04-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #3680
Dflory424
Earning My Ears

Hi all!
Just booked a quick trip (may8-12) at the Dolphin. I visited WDW in January so I have a MB, but my husband does not. Does he need one? I loved the MB for the convenience of not having to pull out tickets at the turnstiles. Will be buying tix from UT and will add to MDE so hopefully we can add a few FP+.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #3681
ckelly14
Lurker

See my comments in red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomduck1 View Post
Hi,
I am new to the Swan and Dolphin. First time this Oct! I've already learned no Magical Express. Disappointing, but we can live with it. I've only used the wristbands/my Disney Experience once before and I'm not quite sure about it.

1. Will I be using my same wristbands from last time or do they send me new ones?

You will not get new wristbands by staying at the Swan or Dolphin, but your old ones will continue to be linked and should be functional for your next visit.

2. I have to register the tickets that I bought first, right?

You can register any tickets in any order.

3. How many days in advance can I pick fastpasses?

Your whole stay will open up for FP+ reservations 60 days prior to check-in i.e. 60+10

4. My husband will be at a conference there. If we buy him one day after 4pm conference tickets, then can we pick his fastpasses at the same time as ours or is it different because he has a one day pass?

You will no be able to pick his FP's until he picks them up that day.

5. Are people still having difficulty getting their Swan or Dolphin reservation attached to their My Disney Experience? Mine won't link. I'm going to call as soon as I'm done typing this.

It should be a 9 digit number. I didn't have any issues but others have. Agree with calling.

6. How far in advance can I make ADRs? Usually we don't make ADRs, we just eat wherever, but this time we are more pressed for time since my husband is working part of the time.

ADR's for the Swan and Dolphin function just like offsite guests, i.e. you can make ADR's 180 days prior to the date you are interested in. Onsite guests are able to book ADR's for their entire stay 180 days prior to check-in for up to 10 days (hence, 180+10)

7. What does 180+10 mean?

See above. If you are staying at the Swan or Dolphin, you could make ADR's for October 5th today, but you would have to wait until tomorrow to make them for October 6th, and so on. If you were staying at the Beach Club starting on October 5th, you could make dining reservations for every day of your trip today up until October 15 (the +10)

Thank you so much!
We are looking forward to trying out this new hotel.

Last edited by ckelly14; 04-08-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #3682
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Good morning from the Dolphin!

I got here yesterday morning. Had to wait several hours for my room, but I am very happy! I have a room with a king, sofa, a window and 2 balconies! (although they do need to wash the window!)

I was expecting 70s and 80s for my stay and couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble dealing with the heat, until I watched the news last night. It hit 91 here!

Today will be stormy, but the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and temps in the 70s and 80s!
Have a great trip, Laura. We should be there in 18 days.

And I agree with ckelly's thoughts above/

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #3683
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Why, yes we will be there in October! We arrive in the evening 9/25 and depart in the afternoon on 10/3.
What a shame, we don't arrive until 10/22. And there I was thinking I wouldn't have to bring my own beers to the pool
Old 04-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #3684
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomduck1 View Post
It took me 48 hours to get mine to link after I got my 9-digit number from the hotel.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #3685
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Thank you!

Hi,
Thank you ckelly! I appreciate the help. We made our reservations over a week ago. I don't seem to have a 9 digit number, so perhaps that is the problem. I wasn't able to call before work so I will definitely be calling this evening to get that straightened out.
Boardwalk Port Orleans French Quarter Art of Animation
Dolphin

And this is for DD...
Old 04-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #3686
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Why, yes we will be there in October! We arrive in the evening 9/25 and depart in the afternoon on 10/3.
We ought to be able to get together again! Laura and i are there from the 25th-29th! (She might come in a few days earlier too.)

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 04-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #3687
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We ought to be able to get together again! Laura and i are there from the 25th-29th! (She might come in a few days earlier too.)
Sounds like fun!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #3688
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I have a question..... If I'm doing a split stay, 1st at Dolphin, then at a Disney resort, do they provide luggage services for this? ( kind of doubt it, but wondering) As in I can drop them at bell services, get them later at our other resort on property....thanks! I love this thread!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #3689
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
I have a question..... If I'm doing a split stay, 1st at Dolphin, then at a Disney resort, do they provide luggage services for this? ( kind of doubt it, but wondering) As in I can drop them at bell services, get them later at our other resort on property....thanks! I love this thread!
Yes. I have never used it but have read here many times of others doing that.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #3690
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Yes. I have never used it but have read here many times of others doing that.
REALLY???? I hadn't expected that.... how could the S/D be ANY more perfect???
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: