Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #3616
chris44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb View Post
I had no trouble linking my UCT tickets, did that weeks ago and then linked my Dolphin reservation this week. Then FP+ opened for all of us but in terms of our dolphin reservation in MDE only my DH's name is shown. I think it is all based on your tickets and guest names on MDE, not who is listed on S/D ressies. Good luck.
I'm not sure what's going on . . . When I linked my Swan reservation (in my name only) to MDE, and then cancelled my Disney resort reservation that I had made just in case - it all looked good and looked like MDE had preserved my FP+ selections for all of us. But when I tried to go back and add FP+ selections for a day on which I had previously not made FP, it says that only I am eligible for FP and that my family members are not eligible.
So I'm now on phone with Disney website helpers to see if they can figure it out. Of course, the agent was unaware that you can now link your Swan/Dolphin reservation to MDE but anyway . . . I'm on hold now and will see what happens and report back.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #3617
vicb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris44 View Post
I'm not sure what's going on . . . When I linked my Swan reservation (in my name only) to MDE, and then cancelled my Disney resort reservation that I had made just in case - it all looked good and looked like MDE had preserved my FP+ selections for all of us. But when I tried to go back and add FP+ selections for a day on which I had previously not made FP, it says that only I am eligible for FP and that my family members are not eligible.
So I'm now on phone with Disney website helpers to see if they can figure it out. Of course, the agent was unaware that you can now link your Swan/Dolphin reservation to MDE but anyway . . . I'm on hold now and will see what happens and report back.
Sigh, why am I not surprised the agent doesn't know that

Sorry you are having trouble, definitely report back, others will likely benefit from what you learn.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #3618
chris44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So I was told to wait 24 hours and see if the glitch clears up, because as of right now, internet help desk doesn't know why it says my family members are not eligible for FP+. I will check back with them tomorrow to see if there's any news on the problem.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #3619
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
So I was told to wait 24 hours and see if the glitch clears up, because as of right now, internet help desk doesn't know why it says my family members are not eligible for FP+. I will check back with them tomorrow to see if there's any news on the problem.

Very interested to hear what happens. I have a BC/dolphin split stay coming up May 31 so my 60 days is April 1st. I will likely keep the BC portion but dolphin has availability and I'm considering switching....
Old 03-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #3620
ddawg
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Only 2 out of 3 now have fast passes

I linked my Tickets and my dining reservations weeks ago. Friday night I linked my Dolphin reservation which states 3 people in the room. Saturday morning I tried to book fast passes. It said only 2 people of the 3 were eligible. I called Disney, 45 minutes later they said they called the Dolphin and it was all straightened out but it could take up to 24 hours to show up on my account. It is now 33 hours later and still no change. I guess this is one glitch which they will have to fix.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #3621
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Any news on being able to order/purchase magic bands? I have a girl that really wants a pink one.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #3622
njlilo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg View Post
I linked my Tickets and my dining reservations weeks ago. Friday night I linked my Dolphin reservation which states 3 people in the room. Saturday morning I tried to book fast passes. It said only 2 people of the 3 were eligible. I called Disney, 45 minutes later they said they called the Dolphin and it was all straightened out but it could take up to 24 hours to show up on my account. It is now 33 hours later and still no change. I guess this is one glitch which they will have to fix.
I had the same issue but with one person on the reservation and two people actually staying there. They updated my reservation to two people on Friday but it wasn't until today (Sunday) when I saw it show up correctly in the app. Now I was able to successfully link up DD to FP+ and copy my selections. You may want to check again! Good luck!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #3623
chris44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlilo View Post
I had the same issue but with one person on the reservation and two people actually staying there. They updated my reservation to two people on Friday but it wasn't until today (Sunday) when I saw it show up correctly in the app. Now I was able to successfully link up DD to FP+ and copy my selections. You may want to check again! Good luck!
Interesting . . . I have a question for you. When you say "they updated my reservation to two people" - do you mean that the Dolphin updated it? or a Disney agent spoke with Dolphin to update it? I did have the Swan update my reservation from one person to three on Saturday, but when I linked my Swan reservation to MDE, it still showed up as just one adult on the reservation. So that's what makes me think this is causing the problem on being allowed to get FP only for myself and not my other two family members (hope that makes sense).
Anyway, so I 'm wondering if I need to call the Swan again or if I need to call Disney again to see why it's showing only one person instead of three.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:09 AM   #3624
michaelsr
Earning My Ears

Any advice for how to buy magic bands as an offsite guest? I tried this morning on MDE and could not figure out where to click to purchase magic bands. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:33 AM   #3625
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsr View Post
Any advice for how to buy magic bands as an offsite guest? I tried this morning on MDE and could not figure out where to click to purchase magic bands. Thanks in advance for any advice.
I had the same question. I did see this on MDE:

"If you purchase a MagicBand at Disney theme parks or Downtown Disney area, a Cast Member will help you set it up. If you have a Disney Resort reservation, you need to link your reservation to your account in order to see your MagicBands."

I'm wondering if we will have to make those purchases in person. My two girls are just itchin' to get their crafty fingers on those MagicBands so I hope we can buy them online soon.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:51 AM   #3626
njlilo
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Interesting . . . I have a question for you. When you say "they updated my reservation to two people" - do you mean that the Dolphin updated it? or a Disney agent spoke with Dolphin to update it? I did have the Swan update my reservation from one person to three on Saturday, but when I linked my Swan reservation to MDE, it still showed up as just one adult on the reservation. So that's what makes me think this is causing the problem on being allowed to get FP only for myself and not my other two family members (hope that makes sense).
Anyway, so I 'm wondering if I need to call the Swan again or if I need to call Disney again to see why it's showing only one person instead of three.
The dolphin updated it but it took close to 48 hours to show up on MDE. Good luck! Hope your amended reservation shows up soon too!
Old 03-31-2014, 12:43 PM   #3627
mackabee77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
I would be interested in the process. I have APs for my husband and I, but we have a daughter and her intended traveling with us and they have UC tickets.
Sure thing. Our UCT tickets were purchased as non-exp 10 day back in 2010. When I tried to link them in MDE I followed through the website instructions and ended up at a dead end that prompted me to visit any guest services window to link the tickets.

Instead of waiting until I get down onsite I called the 407 number. The agent quizzed me about the codes on the back of my plastic ticket. I will describe them here (dates and numbers changed for example only):

Top of card:
01/12/2010 WDW:CAS001 1234 BNDL: 9876-54321

Middle of card:
Magic Your Way Ticket Ages 10+

6 digit code in Bottom Right corner of card:

The agent put together my 'ticket number' as follows:
WDW+001(last 3 digits from the CAS001 code) + date (01122010) + 4 digit number (1234) Result: WDW001012101234. She also needed something she called a 'security code'. Something that began with a 'J'. I had nothing like that so she came up with it on her own. I am reluctant to post any security code on this board. It was a 5 character code that began with J followed by two letters and then two numbers.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:30 PM   #3628
chris44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Update on my situation with Swan reservation and efforts to get FP for all 3 of us (instead of just mine being the only one showing eligible for FP -
So I checked MDE again this morning, and now it says all 3 of us are eligible for FP! So I was able to do the step where you "copy" your existing FP (in this case, my FP reservatiaon) to other family members. Then I checked to make sure that all of us have FPs for each day, and it all seems to be there.
But note - even though I asked Swan yesterday to change my reservation from one person to three (and it's been less than 24 hours), my Swan reservation still shows up in MDE as a reservation for just one person. So who knows if the number of people on the Swan/Dolphin reservation really makes a difference??
Anyway, I don't know if Disney actually fixed the glitch, or waiting several hours is what did it - but just thought I would share my experience in case it helps anyone!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #3629
chris44
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackabee77 View Post
Sure thing. Our UCT tickets were purchased as non-exp 10 day back in 2010. When I tried to link them in MDE I followed through the website instructions and ended up at a dead end that prompted me to visit any guest services window to link the tickets.

Instead of waiting until I get down onsite I called the 407 number. The agent quizzed me about the codes on the back of my plastic ticket. I will describe them here (dates and numbers changed for example only):

Top of card:
01/12/2010 WDW:CAS001 1234 BNDL: 9876-54321

Middle of card:
Magic Your Way Ticket Ages 10+

6 digit code in Bottom Right corner of card:

The agent put together my 'ticket number' as follows:
WDW+001(last 3 digits from the CAS001 code) + date (01122010) + 4 digit number (1234) Result: WDW001012101234. She also needed something she called a 'security code'. Something that began with a 'J'. I had nothing like that so she came up with it on her own. I am reluctant to post any security code on this board. It was a 5 character code that began with J followed by two letters and then two numbers.

Hope this helps.
I had also bought same type of UCT tickets in 2010 as you did - funny! And I had the same problem trying to find the correct numbers to link to MDE. But I then saw a note in MDE saying that you can scan the ticket with the MDE app on your phone, instead of typing in the numbers. So I tried that, and it worked perfectly!

Hope that helps those who are able to scan the tickets with MDE app on phone.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #3630
michaelsr
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands for Offsite Guests

From Disney's Website:

"If you are not staying at a Disney Resort hotel and are not a Passholder, you will receive a card when you purchase park admission—and you have the option to purchase a MagicBand at Disney theme parks and Downtown Disney area."
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: