Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #3541
GreyStr0ke
DIS Veteran

I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Dolphin. There were four of us in my party and we had a Family Room/Alcove Room booked. This was my second time staying at the Dolphin and I would definitely not hesitate to stay again and or recommend it. After having the larger room though I don't think I could go back to a standard room. It was nice having the sitting area as well as the wet bar. We were on the East side on the 8th floor with views of the Swan and Hollywood Studios.

We ate breakfast one morning at Fresh Mediterranean Cafe and the buffet was great but a little crowded. Love the antioxidant and the detox juice shots available.

We also laid out by the pool one morning before Epcot. The Cabana Bar makes some tasty and unique drinks. More specifically the Hula Mala and the White Tea Sangria were both extremely good and refreshing. However, the pools got quite busy and loud. Even the quiet lap pool.

My only complaint would be the buses. The day we arrived we wanted to go to Animal Kingdom. It took 30 minutes for an Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach to arrive after we had watched 2 Magic Kingdom and 2 DTD buses come through. When the Animal Kingdom bus did arrive there was another right behind it. When we left Animal Kingdom we took a taxi.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #3542
michaelsr
Earning My Ears

Woo hoo!!!! Thanks very much for posting this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
For anyone who hasn't seen this yet...
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...-next-week.htm

and may I add...yay!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #3543
vicb
DIS Veteran

Quote:

and may I add...yay!
Someone on another thread shared this about an hour ago.... I am doing the happy dance 40 days out!

Thanks for passing this along to everyone here on this thread, such good news. I will gladly take my 30 days and use my RFID ticket!

Old 03-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #3544
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

BEYOND excited..... just booked my 5 night stay with SPG points....SO excited!!!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #3545
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

and may I add...yay!
What great news! We go in July and one of my daughters really wants a magic band. I hope there will be a way to buy them ahead of arrival so that we can jazz up that band.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:07 PM   #3546
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyStr0ke View Post
I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Dolphin. There were four of us in my party and we had a Family Room/Alcove Room booked. This was my second time staying at the Dolphin and I would definitely not hesitate to stay again and or recommend it. After having the larger room though I don't think I could go back to a standard room. It was nice having the sitting area as well as the wet bar. We were on the East side on the 8th floor with views of the Swan and Hollywood Studios. We ate breakfast one morning at Fresh Mediterranean Cafe and the buffet was great but a little crowded. Love the antioxidant and the detox juice shots available. We also laid out by the pool one morning before Epcot. The Cabana Bar makes some tasty and unique drinks. More specifically the Hula Mala and the White Tea Sangria were both extremely good and refreshing. However, the pools got quite busy and loud. Even the quiet lap pool. My only complaint would be the buses. The day we arrived we wanted to go to Animal Kingdom. It took 30 minutes for an Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach to arrive after we had watched 2 Magic Kingdom and 2 DTD buses come through. When the Animal Kingdom bus did arrive there was another right behind it. When we left Animal Kingdom we took a taxi.
That was one weird thing I noticed. Busses come like this. Animal Kingdom, animal kingdom, downtown disney, magic kingdom, magic kingdom. Without fail whenever we were going to magic kingdom we would have just missed it and whenever we were going to animal kingdom I will have just missed that bus. Nothing worse than every bus except the one you want.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #3547
ddesousa323
Mouseketeer

Has anyone shipped things to the hotel in advance before? Debating ordering diapers and snacks from amazon and shipping.
1993- Off-site in Lakeland 1996- Marriott Residence Inn, World Center 1998 - All Star Sports 1999- All Star Sports 2000- All Star Sports 2001- All Star Sports 2002- All Star Sports 2003- All Star Sports 2004- Pop Century (May) 2004- Days Inn (Maingate East) (August) 2004- Pop Century (December MVMCP) 2005- Disneyland 2006- Marriott Courtyard Lake Buena Vista (Palm Pkwy) 6/27-7/1 2006- Emerald Island 7/1-7/7 2007- All Star Music (with Free Dining) First time with the dining plan 8/27-9/12009- Disneyland (may) 2010- POP Century (December) 2013- Disney Swan (for work) 2014- Disney Dolphin (daughters first Disney trip)
Old 03-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #3548
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesousa323 View Post
Has anyone shipped things to the hotel in advance before? Debating ordering diapers and snacks from amazon and shipping.
I have a number of times. It used to be free but now they charge a fee. I forget what the amount was. Best to call so no surprises.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #3549
patty57
DIS Veteran

News is getting better and better...

...with a tip of the cap to WEDWDW who always seems to see these thing first.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #3550
michaelsr
Earning My Ears

Great news. I wonder how MDE will know you are stating at the S&D? I have never been able to add my Dolphin reservation in MDE.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #3551
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsr View Post
Great news. I wonder how MDE will know you are stating at the S&D? I have never been able to add my Dolphin reservation in MDE.
Hmmm...good question. I'm the farthest thing from an MDE expert. Maybe someone who is, will come along with an answer.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #3552
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsr View Post
Quote:
Hmmm...good question. I'm the farthest thing from an MDE expert. Maybe someone who is, will come along with an answer.
My guess is that, since the ability exists, it will just be configured to allow you to enter your S&D reservation.

I have to laugh, though, because I had a conversation with a CM about making FP+ when staying at the S&D (one of those manning a S&D FP+ desk at Epcot) and asked whether, if I had an existing MagicBand (from a previous resort stay), I would be able to use that to enter the rides and use the FP+ made at the tables in the parks (since I assumed they would be linked to MDE) and was told categorically that guests at S&D would not be able to use MagicBands - ever! Guess he was wrong then

This was a different CM to the one who told all the guests waiting at IG to enter Epcot one morning that soon we would be able to make FP+ reservations up to one year in advance
Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #3553
Dan Murphy
We are family.

FP+ is tied to your tickets, not your room. So I would say it would operate, at least to start with, like S/D is the same as offsite.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #3554
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
My guess is that, since the ability exists, it will just be configured to allow you to enter your S&D reservation.

I have to laugh, though, because I had a conversation with a CM about making FP+ when staying at the S&D (one of those manning a S&D FP+ desk at Epcot) and asked whether, if I had an existing MagicBand (from a previous resort stay), I would be able to use that to enter the rides and use the FP+ made at the tables in the parks (since I assumed they would be linked to MDE) and was told categorically that guests at S&D would not be able to use MagicBands - ever! Guess he was wrong then

This was a different CM to the one who told all the guests waiting at IG to enter Epcot one morning that soon we would be able to make FP+ reservations up to one year in advance
This, and all the other crazy, out-there info from CMs, makes me wonder. Does someone higher up actually tell them this stuff, or do they hear it as rumors? With all the secrecy surrounding the FP+ rollout, who knows how the CMs have gotten their info, and what the heck they have been told.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #3555
wen8jr
DIS Veteran

After reading this post, I went to MDE and was able to link my Starwood direct (points) reservation for the very first time! Before it would not work no matter what I done and the CM couldn't do it over the phone.

So, it looks like they have updated this capability.

We are excited!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: