Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #3526
Puffy2
DIS Veteran

Does the Swan or Dolphin have a concierge floor anymore?

The swan used to have concierge rooms. Did they do away with this option? I can't find them listed on the website when I check dates.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #3527
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy2 View Post
The swan used to have concierge rooms. Did they do away with this option? I can't find them listed on the website when I check dates.
Correct, both Swan and Dolphin stopped concierge level years ago (4 or 5 at least).

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #3528
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin4vacation View Post
Question - I can get an AARP rate of $181. (that includes taxes/fees) per night for a 6 night stay, end of September 2014, at the Dolphin. Is this a good rate? (It does not include the $20. resort fee per night).
Sometimes they will offer a deal where you stay 5 nights and get the 6th night free. You may need to be a Starwood Preferred Guest to get it, though. Actually, I think the SPG rates might be a few dollars cheaper.

Sometimes when you register for the SPG American Express Card, they give some generous signing bonuses. We were able to book with a Thanksgiving stay one year using the bonuses plus the 6th night free.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #3529
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
Sometimes they will offer a deal where you stay 5 nights and get the 6th night free. You may need to be a Starwood Preferred Guest to get it, though. Actually, I think the SPG rates might be a few dollars cheaper.

Sometimes when you register for the SPG American Express Card, they give some generous signing bonuses. We were able to book with a Thanksgiving stay one year using the bonuses plus the 6th night free.
As SPG Gold I've used the 5th night free option many times, book a 5 night award stay and get the fifth night free. I have 2 stays booked at the Swan and one at the Dolphin this year for 5 nights a piece. SPG points are already valuable, and this gets even more value out of them.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #3530
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepton View Post
As SPG Gold I've used the 5th night free option many times, book a 5 night award stay and get the fifth night free. I have 2 stays booked at the Swan and one at the Dolphin this year for 5 nights a piece. SPG points are already valuable, and this gets even more value out of them.
You're right! It's 5th night free. I guess we always stay six so that's what I had in my mind.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #3531
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
You're right! It's 5th night free. I guess we always stay six so that's what I had in my mind.
Well you still get the 5th night free even when you stay 6.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #3532
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Easter special....

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt...easter-fun.htm

http://www.swandolphin.com/holidays/easter/

http://www.swandolphin.com/offers/index.html

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #3533
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I'm a WDW veteran but considering a stay at the Swan or Dolphin for the first time. I was hoping that some of you could help clarify for me the differences between the two resorts.

Here are the differences as I understand them. Any clarifications or opinions are welcome!

Swan: smaller resort, perhaps quieter, queen beds, extra vanity/sink outside the bathroom

Dolphin: larger, perhaps more convention traffic, double beds, no extra vanity/sink, more rooms with balconies and more room categories/views, closest to the "feature" pool (vs. lap/quiet pools)

Am I missing anything? Which one would you recommend? We are targeting a long weekend in early May. Focus is Epcot F&G, relaxing by the pool and some good food!

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #3534
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hi! I'm a WDW veteran but considering a stay at the Swan or Dolphin for the first time. I was hoping that some of you could help clarify for me the differences between the two resorts. Here are the differences as I understand them. Any clarifications or opinions are welcome! Swan: smaller resort, perhaps quieter, queen beds, extra vanity/sink outside the bathroom Dolphin: larger, perhaps more convention traffic, double beds, no extra vanity/sink, more rooms with balconies and more room categories/views, closest to the "feature" pool (vs. lap/quiet pools) Am I missing anything? Which one would you recommend? We are targeting a long weekend in early May. Focus is Epcot F&G, relaxing by the pool and some good food! Thanks!

If you are looking to relax by the pool, I would pick the Dolphin. The Cabana Bar is very nice and there are more options to pick a lounge chair! ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 03-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #3535
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Hi!

I'm a WDW veteran but considering a stay at the Swan or Dolphin for the first time. I was hoping that some of you could help clarify for me the differences between the two resorts.

Here are the differences as I understand them. Any clarifications or opinions are welcome!

Swan: smaller resort, perhaps quieter, queen beds, extra vanity/sink outside the bathroom

Dolphin: larger, perhaps more convention traffic, double beds, no extra vanity/sink, more rooms with balconies and more room categories/views, closest to the "feature" pool (vs. lap/quiet pools)

Am I missing anything? Which one would you recommend? We are targeting a long weekend in early May. Focus is Epcot F&G, relaxing by the pool and some good food!

Thanks!
If you have kids, the Dolphin might be a better choice, closer to Picabu and Fountain restaurants and laundry. I prefer the Swan, for the reasons you listed already. As for the pool area, it is essentially equidistant from both and all the amenities are available to both resorts. Depending location of your room in each resort, some rooms are actually further from their respective sides than the other (if that makes sense).

http://binged.it/1lYFR7f

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #3536
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
If I were sharing a bed with someone, I would pick the Swan. I like the extra room.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #3537
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

We are back fro the Swan.

This trip was booked with dh ff miles and when we booked it the room was listed as double run of the house, so I didnt quite know what to expect when we checked in.

Happily we got a room on the 11th floor. It was nice. The only issue we had was a lack of plugs for the laptops and cell phones to charge etc. They were in short supply in our room. I think we found 1.

There were a lot of conventions going on when we were there.

I wanted to take a picture of dh and I with the lobby Swan. I said we would do it on our check out day. Well low and behold we go down there and they are draining out the water. Good bye picture. I know there is the green swan out in the garden area outside, but I wanted the white swan etc.

Oh and there was no problem wheeling our 3 suitcases onto the friendship to go switch resorts over to the beach club. I wills say that we did this before noon so maybe it was less crowded and not a problem.

Looking forward to our next trip. I think I will consider the Swan for our December trip. Anyone know if the baseball winter meeting will be here again. That may be a consideration. Also by then our youngest ds will have his nurses license so I will look into that and using dh ff miles again.

I would have liked to do the breakfast buffet at the garden grove but we didnt have time, oh well, there is always next time!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #3538
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Welcome back, Mary.

Why she runs.....

dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 03-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #3539
LexiC123
on this, our spaceship earth
makes me want to jab candy canes into my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
We are back fro the Swan.

This trip was booked with dh ff miles and when we booked it the room was listed as double run of the house, so I didnt quite know what to expect when we checked in.

Happily we got a room on the 11th floor. It was nice. The only issue we had was a lack of plugs for the laptops and cell phones to charge etc. They were in short supply in our room. I think we found 1.

There were a lot of conventions going on when we were there.

I wanted to take a picture of dh and I with the lobby Swan. I said we would do it on our check out day. Well low and behold we go down there and they are draining out the water. Good bye picture. I know there is the green swan out in the garden area outside, but I wanted the white swan etc.

Oh and there was no problem wheeling our 3 suitcases onto the friendship to go switch resorts over to the beach club. I wills say that we did this before noon so maybe it was less crowded and not a problem.

Looking forward to our next trip. I think I will consider the Swan for our December trip. Anyone know if the baseball winter meeting will be here again. That may be a consideration. Also by then our youngest ds will have his nurses license so I will look into that and using dh ff miles again.

I would have liked to do the breakfast buffet at the garden grove but we didnt have time, oh well, there is always next time!
Did you do a Swan/Beach Club split? Taking the Friendships is a great idea...last year we spent something like $15 to take a taxi between the two resorts. Will definitely keep that in mind for the next time.

PS - you can breathe easy...the baseball winter meetings are in San Diego this year.
WDW: 6/72 offsite.....5/93 offsite.....10/94 OKW.....11/95 BC.....10/96 BWV.....10/97 BC.....3/98 CBR.....10/98 WL.....5/99 YC & GF.....8/99 DI (now SSR).....9/99 CR.....3/00 BC.....4/00 YC.....8/00 Poly.....4/01 BC.....7/01 YC.....8/02 BC.....9/09 Dolphin.....9/10 Swan.....10/11 Swan & Dolphin.....4/13 Swan & BC
DL: 3/71 offsite.....6/98 Pacific Hotel (now Paradise Pier).....12/00 Disneyland Hotel
Old 03-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #3540
patty57
DIS Veteran

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet...
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagi...-next-week.htm

and may I add...yay!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: