Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #3331
lvdismagic
Earning My Ears

I've only done Epcot (yesterday) but we had separate kiosks right after we entered through the International Gateway.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #3332
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

So. Looking at the FAQs. There is basically an extra $32 charge per day correct? With the parking and resort fee?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 07:05 AM   #3333
Dan Murphy
We are family.

$35, plus tax

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #3334
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
So. Looking at the FAQs. There is basically an extra $32 charge per day correct? With the parking and resort fee?
Yep
Old 01-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #3335
harddog
Earning My Ears

I for one am not very happy that S&D have not been included with being able to book FP+ in advance. We have been staying there for the past 15+ years and love the quick access to DHS & Epcot. And usually use as many FP- as we could to maximize ride times.

In everyone's experience so far (I know it has only been a few days) - - does being limited to booking day of restrict times. I mean, obviously there are times that get blocked out because the on-site guests take up those FP+ before we would be able to get there?

Question - - if we know we are going to park hop that day, and went to DHS in the morning and MK at night, when we get to DHS can you book a MK FP+ or do we have to wait until we get to MK?
Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #3336
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harddog View Post
Question - - if we know we are going to park hop that day, and went to DHS in the morning and MK at night, when we get to DHS can you book a MK FP+ or do we have to wait until we get to MK?
The way the system is right now you would have to wait until you get to MK.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #3337
harddog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The way the system is right now you would have to wait until you get to MK.
Thanks, but that was NOT what I was hoping to hear - - let's hope things change before the late summer

I know rumors are just that, but anyone hear if it might change by then?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #3338
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harddog View Post
Thanks, but that was NOT what I was hoping to hear - - let's hope things change before the late summer

I know rumors are just that, but anyone hear if it might change by then?

Actually the rumors are that it will not change. If you believe what's being discussed over on the Theme Park board it's not going to change in order to make staying in a Disney resort more attractive.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #3339
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdismagic View Post
I've only done Epcot (yesterday) but we had separate kiosks right after we entered through the International Gateway.
What is the current Rope Drop procedure for people coming through the International Gateway? Is it:
  1. Go through turnstile before official park opening and use kiosk, and then head toward Future World;
  2. Go through turnstile before official park opening, but kiosk is not activated until official park opening, so you queue up and wait;
  3. Cannot go through turnstile until official park opening, so you wait until then to enter and use kiosk.
  4. Other

The last time I was at WDW, they let you in early and you could walk to the "circle" in Future World and were held there until they officially opened the park. But I know that this chages from time to time. Arrival in 24 days, and trying to sort this all out. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #3340
lvdismagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
What is the current Rope Drop procedure for people coming through the International Gateway? Is it:[*]Go through turnstile before official park opening and use kiosk, and then head toward Future World;[*]Go through turnstile before official park opening, but kiosk is not activated until official park opening, so you queue up and wait;[*]Cannot go through turnstile until official park opening, so you wait until then to enter and use kiosk.[*]Other The last time I was at WDW, they let you in early and you could walk to the "circle" in Future World and were held there until they officially opened the park. But I know that this chages from time to time. Arrival in 24 days, and trying to sort this all out. Thanks.
Option 3
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #3341
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdismagic View Post
Option 3
Bummer.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #3342
ckelly14
Lurker

Agree that being treated exactly like an "off site" resort regarding FP+ is kinda annoying. I thought the S&D was special!

Speaking of annoying, I was told by S&D reservations that I cannot use only Starpoints to book a 1 bdrm executive suite. Used to be 10,000 points for the parlor and 10,000 points for the adjacent room (essentially a regular hotel room). Now they tell me that it is 10,000 points for the hotel room but I need to pay cash for the attached parlor ($200 per night). Certainly not a bad deal, but I used to book both with only points for the last 10 years. Thought about connecting rooms, but they won't guarantee them. Anyone else run into this?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #3343
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

I'm hoping Disney will allow S/D guests to pre-register for FP+ attractions in time for my April trip.

It makes no sense to me why S/D was the first resort Disney chose to take part in the test if they weren't going to allow it (S/D) to be a part of it once it was rolled out.

TC
Old 01-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #3344
LifeontheDrupe
Strong Skills: Lazy River Rafting and Alcohol

I apologize if these questions have been repetitive on this thread... but any insight you could share would be greatly appreciated!

1) What's the difference between booking a "Traditional" and "Resort" room category at the Dolphin, besides the $27/night? Is it just the option of facing the Convention Center/parking versus facing the Swan/Courtyard?

2) I noticed on Page 1, that the dinning options are listed with a potential 20% off with your AAA membership. Does this still apply to Cabanas? Does it also include/apply to alcohol?

For our 5 night stay (9/29 to 10/4)... there's at least a $600 difference ($650 if you count the AAA credit) between the Dolphin and Boardwalk Inn... and that's IF I can find a 30% off code

The difference would allow one of us (party of 2) to upgrade from a 5 day park hopper ticket ($370.62) to an Annual Pass ($648.59)... and purchase the Tables in Wonderland discount dinning card... and STILL save at least $110 (which would most likely go to 2 tickets to MNSSHP)... not to mention we would now receive 20% off our dinning and drinks through out our stay.

I just have no desire to "play along" with the FP+ system (given what Disney charges for tickets/resorts)... and while it was a difficult realization, this is probably the trip I'm most looking forward too! Disney is still getting our money, no doubt... but so is Universal, Loews Hotels, Starwood, etc... and at the end of the day... I feel much more confident with the quality and price point of this vacation and am spending less time questioning "is this worth it?"
Old 01-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #3345
vicb
DIS Veteran

I've been checking everyday and today there was a slight price drop for my dates in early May for the Dolphin. I decided to upgrade to "resort view", so paying about the same now as I was before for a standard room. I was able to retain the AAA resort credit for both rooms.

So if you are staying in May, you might want to check rates.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: