Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #3256
Dan Murphy
We are family.

You still pay the resort fee. You will have a $50 credit to spend at the resort...food, spa, etc.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #3257
vicb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
You still pay the resort fee. You will have a $50 credit to spend at the resort...food, spa, etc.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the quick reply. So if I book two rooms at that rate I would get $100 to spend at hotel. Can that be used at any of the restaurants or pool bar?

Why would someone not choose that if it was available over the regular AAA discount since the rate is the same?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #3258
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I'm not sure of details like that. Best would be to call reservations. 888-828-8850

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #3259
SomDayMyPrnceWillCom
Wants to be a mermaid when she grows up

Is there a teacher discount still offered at Swan/Dolphin resorts? If so, does anyone know how much it is?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #3260
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomDayMyPrnceWillCom View Post
Is there a teacher discount still offered at Swan/Dolphin resorts? If so, does anyone know how much it is?
http://www.swandolphin.com/offers/teachers/index.html

Why she runs.....

dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #3261
SomDayMyPrnceWillCom
Wants to be a mermaid when she grows up

Thanks!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #3262
Poppins2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Have you considered one of the Dolphin suites since you need two rooms? We had a grand suite which included 2 bedrooms, a living room with sleeper, a huge dining table, a wet bar area, and a third bathroom for the price per night of one water view room at the Beach Club! We had a teacher rate
Oooo...this is a cool idea. I was also looking at two rooms to afford my teenage son and his BFF a little privacy. Do you think the suite would give both parents and teens enough privacy? Is it cheaper than two rooms? I'm a teacher too... is it a good discount? (Sorry to pepper you with questions!)
Old 01-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #3263
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Following up to the PP's questions...how do those deluxe rooms work on Starwoods Rewards points? I will shortly have enough points for redeeming 4 nights worth to get the 5th free. Can I pay the difference between a standard room and the deluxe room? It would be so great to bring extended family.

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 01-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #3264
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppins2010 View Post

Oooo...this is a cool idea. I was also looking at two rooms to afford my teenage son and his BFF a little privacy. Do you think the suite would give both parents and teens enough privacy? Is it cheaper than two rooms? I'm a teacher too... is it a good discount? (Sorry to pepper you with questions!)
No problem!! What they did was give us a one bedroom suite with the teacher rate and then added the second bedroom with the Stay Connected rate. It came out to be about $600 per night with taxes and fees. I would say it offered a LOT of privacy because the bedrooms were on opposite sides of the suite and it was so nice to have the big living/dining/wet bar area and third bathroom. It's not cheaper than 2 standard rooms with the teacher rate, but the space you get is really equal to more than 3 rooms!! We loved it!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 01-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #3265
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb View Post
Ok, I see. Thanks for the quick reply. So if I book two rooms at that rate I would get $100 to spend at hotel. Can that be used at any of the restaurants or pool bar?

Why would someone not choose that if it was available over the regular AAA discount since the rate is the same?
I've booked the AAA rate before with the $50 resort credit. In practice, it appeared simply as a credit towards my total room folio so yes, it effectively offsets charges from any of the restaurants or bars.

As for your second question... because they don't know it's an option?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #3266
vicb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
I've booked the AAA rate before with the $50 resort credit. In practice, it appeared simply as a credit towards my total room folio so yes, it effectively offsets charges from any of the restaurants or bars.

As for your second question... because they don't know it's an option?
Thanks. I think I'll book that and we didn't have a dinner planned for our arrival day yet so we will pick a spot at S/D to eat before heading out for the evening at emh Studios to take advantage of that credit.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #3267
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
The deluxe alcove rooms at the Swan have a king bed and a sofa bed. While they are spacious, I'd much rather sleep on a Heavenly Bed than a sofa bed!
True, our then 10 year olds put the mattress on the floor and slept quite well. My sister-in-law slept on the roll away and it was a heavenly bed, very comfortable.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #3268
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
Following up to the PP's questions...how do those deluxe rooms work on Starwoods Rewards points? I will shortly have enough points for redeeming 4 nights worth to get the 5th free. Can I pay the difference between a standard room and the deluxe room? It would be so great to bring extended family.
There is a slight difference in points ( I think it's 11,500 points per night for the deluxe alcove/family room versus 10,000 points per night for a standard room). You have to call SPG to book it directly. We've never been able to do it through the website. I'm not sure if you can do points and cash, but I seem to remember us booking it that way when we went in 2010 and then changed the reservation to points only as we accumulated more points.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #3269
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Just want to give a quick shout out to the wonderful customer service at the Dolphin! JetBlue canceled our flight for tomorrow morning. So disappointed - as we had to cancel Afternoon Tea at the GF and the Wishes Dessert Party, too. The first flight they can put us on isnt until THURSDAY afternoon.

In the midst of the frustration of trying to find flights, etc, change driver pickups, kennel, and mail, I called the Dolphin reservations to see if we could possibly change our arrival and departure dates. Was greeted with the utmost politeness & professionalism, as usual. Not a problem - everything set! They will be waiting for us on Thursday and we can stay the original amount of nights. No worries..

Now... if only I can find a cancelation opening for that Wishes Dessert Party one night... LOL If not, guess that means we must return, yet again.

thanks for the prompt solution to my dilemma today, dear Dolphin Reservations!!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 01-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #3270
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Just want to give a quick shout out to the wonderful customer service at the Dolphin! JetBlue canceled our flight for tomorrow morning. So disappointed - as we had to cancel Afternoon Tea at the GF and the Wishes Dessert Party, too. The first flight they can put us on isnt until THURSDAY afternoon.

In the midst of the frustration of trying to find flights, etc, change driver pickups, kennel, and mail, I called the Dolphin reservations to see if we could possibly change our arrival and departure dates. Was greeted with the utmost politeness & professionalism, as usual. Not a problem - everything set! They will be waiting for us on Thursday and we can stay the original amount of nights. No worries..

Now... if only I can find a cancelation opening for that Wishes Dessert Party one night... LOL If not, guess that means we must return, yet again.

thanks for the prompt solution to my dilemma today, dear Dolphin Reservations!!
I'm sorry you won't be able to fly to Orlando until Thursday, but at least the weather will be considerably warmer than it would've been today and tomorrow! That's great that the Dolphin was so accommodating.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: